(Closed) Essence of Australia DJ1367- has anyone ever seen this dress?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 32
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

@cmw

Are you taking the lace overlay off at any point? I also chose the charcoal sash, which im wearing for the ceremony with the lace overlay. Then after dinner i’m taking the lace off and putting a crystal belt (and many other sparkley accessories) on!

If you’re leaving the lace on, i’d pick the sash that matches your wedding. If its very glamorous, i’d go with the crystal belt. If it’s more of a romantic feel i’d go with the charcoal. Good luck Smile

Post # 33
549 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

my goodness! I looked so terrible in this dress but you ladies look STUNNING!!! Wow!!!

Post # 34
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I live in NJ and just called a few stores – they are quote me $2,500 with the lace over lay. The item number is D1367 without the lace and DJ1367 with the lace, FYI. Can’t wait to try it on! It is so gorgeous. 

Post # 35
5 posts
Newbee

@everafter103:  wow that seems expensive! mine was only $1450 with the lace overlay. Make sure you do your research before your final purchase! Good luck with dress hunting Smile

Post # 36
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@everafter103:  I paid $1,550 for the dress including the lace overlay and the charcoal satin sash (before taxes) – and that is in Canada…where everything always seems to be more expensive!
Hopefully you can shop around and find it for a better price.

Good luck!!!

Post # 37
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Wow, you all look beautiful! This is my dress as well 🙂  I have been actively following this thread to see if  anybody happened to purchase the dress with the oyster underlay (as I did)?  Since I did not get to try it on with the oyster, I am beginning to wonder if I made the right choice.  If anybody happens to have a picture of the dress in oyster, please ease my mind by sharing!  Thanks!

Post # 38
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@jenna07613:  

are you by chance wearing a slip under the dress to make it fuller and more sleek in the waist?  I can’t decide if I should or not. 

Thanks! 

Thanks! 

Post # 39
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2013

@cmw:  is anyone wearing a slip with EOA dj1367? 

Post # 40
5 posts
Newbee

@ShelbySwartzwelder:  i am!!! still waiting for my dress…but i’ll definitely post pictures when its in Laughing

Post # 41
2 posts
Wannabee

This is my dress too and I love it! Although I’m worried about the lack of bra. Did anyone find a body suit that was low enough at the back? Or is there enough support in the dress itself?

Thanks.

Post # 42
141 posts
Blushing bee

I ordered this dress too and can’t wait until it comes in this summer!

@lacewedding: My Aunt is an amazing seamstress, so she’ll be altering it. She highly recommends putting cups into the dress which will solve the bra issue. However, let’s just say my cups do not runneth over, so I don’t know if this would work for the ladies who are more blessed in that area.

Post # 43
2 posts
Wannabee

@TealMarie:  Thanks for the feedback. Think I’ll try this.

What has anyone else done?

Post # 44
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2013

@tdardz01:  Hi there could you post a pic of the slip that your wearing under your dress. The company I have bought  the dess from hasn’t helped me so I don’t know what i should wear underneath !! Thanks for your help x 

Post # 46
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

This is my dress too! I have had cups sewn in as it didn’t feel quite secure enough otherwise with no bra. Looks great with the cups in, really pleased! I’m not wearing a slip underneath.

The topic ‘Essence of Australia DJ1367- has anyone ever seen this dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors