(Closed) Essence of Australia DJ1367- has anyone ever seen this dress?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
Post # 47
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2013

I bought this dress and am having MAJOR trouble with what to wear under it!  What did you ladies wear under it as far as a bra???  I have looked at the backless strapless bras, but I am busty and cannot find any of them with good reviews.  I have looked into a low back bustier, but I am worried it will not be low enough as the back of the dress is pretty low!  Suggestions please!

Thanks!!!

Post # 48
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Hi ladies, As mentioned once on this thread. I am also a medical student on a tight budget. I love this dress! If anyone is willing to sell (or cheaply rent) their dress, let me know! I am getting married in September 2014. I didn’t get my size (forgot to ask), but I am a street size 6-8. I’m about 35/28/31 measurements. 

Thanks! You each look amazing!

Kayla

Post # 49
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Hi Ladies,

If anyone is still interested in purchasing this dress used, my wedding was two weeks ago – and I am now considering selling mine. It is still in perfect condition! I purchased it as a size 4, but did have to make some alterations.

I also had the required alterations made so that the dress can be bustled – which would save you quite a bundle of money if you wanted to bustle it. With the train fully out, you cannot notice any of these alterations, which is fantastic.

Message me if you are interested, or if you have any other questions.

I hope planning is going well for everybody!! Congrats!

Post # 50
141 posts
Blushing bee

What are you ladies wearing for jewellery with this dress? I’m thinking of wearing it with the lace overlay, flower sash, sparkly bracelet and earrings for the ceremony. Then for the reception I’ll take the lace overlay off, put on a sparkly belt and a necklace. I’m not sure what kind of necklace though. Maybe this one? http://www.kateketzal.com/product/kate-bridal-necklace/  Someone told me because of the neckline I should get a drop necklace. Thoughts?

Post # 51
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@socalgurl14:  I’m quite large chested too, and never thought I’d go braless, but I had cups sewn in and felt very secure. How does it feel? I would have gone stick on bra route otherwise.

Post # 52
443 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@TealMarie:  I think without the lace overlay that necklace would look lovely. I just wore diamond stud earrings, but I left the overlay on the whole time as, for me, that’s what made the dress

Post # 53
141 posts
Blushing bee

@Hemnes:  Thanks! I bet you looked stunning! Any photos?

Post # 54
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I have this dress as well. Here is the link to the jewelry and shoes that I have chosen. Let me know your feedback! I paid 1500 for this dress (in canada). It was originally 1700 and I negotiated down. In a lot of boutiques, this is definitely a possibility. I am not planning on wearing a veil, but a comb and wearing my hair down, pulled to the side (also see link below). Let me know of your feedback!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151495445051431.1073741917.267327246430&type=3

https://www.ninewest.ca/product.asp?productid=11308

https://img1.etsystatic.com/000/0/5480020/il_fullxfull.305415777.jpg

Post # 55
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

My wedding was June 1st and I wore this dress with the lace and then took it off for the ceremony. Sorry for giant image. Here’s without the lace.

Post # 56
280 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

@Okeen1:  Ooooooh I love the belt – and the fact you got two dresses for the price of one ;p

Post # 57
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: January 2014

@cmw:  Hi there,  I am new to this website so I’m not quite sure what’s the best way to get in contact with people.  I think I sent you a private message.  You have been so helpful on here for so many people.  I saw that you would consider selling your dress.  I would love to talk with you about it, if you are willing.  I am so amazingly in love with this dress.  My fiance and I are paying for the wedding ourselves, so I have been searching for this dress used.  I haven’t had the best luck, but I would really appreciate if you would consider it and get back to me.  I hope you had an amazing wedding and obviously you looked great! 😉

Thanks,

Jamie

[email protected]

Post # 58
141 posts
Blushing bee

@Okeen1:  You looked unbelievable in your dress! Wow! I love both versions of it on you. I never thought to get rid of the straps on the dress underneath, it looks awesome. Did you have to wear a long line bra since the straps weren’t there to help you out?

Post # 59
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2013

@TealMarie:  Thanks! I didn’t wear anything under it. I used a really good tailor and he made sure the top was fitted to me perfectly. I had no problems with it staying up and I didn’t wear any sort of slip or anything! Hope this helps!

Post # 60
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2014

Oh man guys, I fell in LOVE with this dress on Saturday in a local bridal shop. She knew it was over my budget and brought it out anyways without telling me (terrible I know).. so now I’m looking for another way to purchase this dress without the huge price tag of $1900. Is anyone willing to sell it to me? I’m a street size 6/8 right now but I am planning on slimming down before my April wedding so I could do a little smaller to be in the dress of my dreams. This was the first dress I tried on and I just knew. It sounds so cheesy but it’s true, I tried on about 20 dresses after it and still had this one stuck in my head. Please help me make my dreams come true!!!

-Nicole

(sorry to sound so desperate but I am so desperately in love with this dress!! haha)

Post # 61
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hi

Has anyone ordered this dress with the Oyster underlay?

Also, is anyone looking to sell their used dress?

Thanks

The topic ‘Essence of Australia DJ1367- has anyone ever seen this dress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors