(Closed) Essense dress D1158 satin and lace

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hi Codie,

Just wondering if you went ahead and ordered it? I loved it, still not sure if it ‘the one’ though, but I’ve got a year to go to chose! I tried it on in the zip up back and think if I went for it I’d choose zip up, the crystal buttons up it just do it for me.

Heres a pic of me wearing it, I’ve got to say looking at this and the my other favourite I’m leaning towards this, but I do love the essense d959 too but couldn’t try it on in my size. I tried on a uk 14/us 12 and as you can see it’s a bit tight and I’m normally a uk 12/14 so i think it’s usual wedding dresses being a bit smaller than street sizes, but not by too much. If you went for corset I think your usual size would be fine. (please excuse the vpl in the pic!!) xx

@codie:

Post # 5
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2012

OMG!!i am going crazy finding in London a shop that has this dress in stock so I can try it on!! can I ask you how much is the dress??

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee

There’s a size 14 sample at ‘wellbet bridal’ near Lincoln, it’s only a 2hour train journey from london! It was £1435 I think…. it’s a bit out of my budget but I’m getting my mum’s opinion tomorrow so we’ll see if she thinks it’s worth it! Good luck finding it!

Post # 7
3 posts
Wannabee

@kasia thank you very much! i managed to try it on here in London! loved it! have tried a few other dresses after that one just to be convinced that is the one i want! found a shop in London that sells the dress for £1199 😀 good luck with yours!

Post # 8
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@la-trotamundos:

Hi

I spent today looking at dresses and D1158 is the dress i want.  But its a bit more expensive in Australia.  What is the name of the shop in England and how much\

thanks

Claire

Post # 9
3 posts
Wannabee

@cnkube I am actually checking how much would it cost in Australia as the lady in the shop in London told me they are more expensive there, and to be honest, I want to make sure that is true rather than her telling me so I would get it from them, although the price is not bad, every penny I can save is well worth it!

The shop is call All that glitters and is in Wimbledon. 

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2012

This is the dress I have ordered! I love it soooo much!! I bought it in daisy bridal in Boscombe, Dorset for about £1400. Here’s a pic of me in it…

Post # 11
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

I am looking to buy this dress used. My wedding is July 28th, 2012 so if you would like to sell after your wedding, please contact me!

[email protected]

Thanks!

Post # 12
4 posts
Wannabee

Hi Ladies, I’m new to the site but wondered if anyone could help…

I know this thread is a few months old but thought I’d try here rather than start a whole new thread about the exact same thing.

I’m just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or pictures of the corset vs the zip-up back for this Essence dress d1158? What did you end up ordering in the end?

I’m ordering it for our wedding and the dress shop advised that they think it looks better with the zip up but I only tried on the lace-up. I thought I preferred a lace-up dress to be able to get a really tight fit (and for a bit of flexibility in case I put on or lose a little weight!) but now wondering if it will look funny with the shoulder strap part joining the dress where the laces are? 

It’s such a lovely dress, just wish I could try it on with both fastenings in my size to compare! Leaning towards the lace-up I think, but haven’t been able to find any pics to compare the two… 

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee

@laubabeuk:  

Hi.  I wore this ress on 2nd June 2012 and I loved it.  I had the zip up back in ivory over oyster. I loved the diamante buttons.  The dress went down a storm with everyone.

The topic ‘Essense dress D1158 satin and lace’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors