Post # 1
So this is a quick question for all the Momma’s and Momma’s to be out there.
If you could only buy FIVE pieces of baby equipment, what would you buy? I’m talking prams, cribs, swings, diaper genies etc.
These days there seems to be so much “stuff” available that other generations didn’t have access to and I’m wondering what everybody thinks there essential items were / are.
Post # 3
Not a mom, but I spent a good deal of time Nannying while working on my MA. Here’s my top 5 for the first year:
2. ergobaby carrier
3. bath sponge (the kind you lay baby on in the regular bathtub)
4. the plastic prop-up seat thing
5. is baby-gate part of this? – because i think those are really important (on par with diapers) Otherwise, playpen.
-And if I had a car, I would also get one of those 10 dollar mirrors to see baby in the back seat. But I don’t.
Post # 5
3. Front carrier–high quality and supportive for your back
5. Breast pump was a must for me.
Post # 6
1. car seat (we have an infant car seat and will be getting a covertible car seat in a few months when my son outgrows it, but many just get a convertible–more cost effective but being able to pop the infant car seat in and out is super convenient)
2. pack n play (our little one still sleeps in our room at 7 months in his pack n play, so it has been essential for us. the crib is too big to fit comfortably in our room).
3. bouncy chair (we use ours ALOT…great for naps and just relaxing)
4. double electric pump (i’m a working mom planning to breast feed until my baby is 1.5 years old…a good pump has been essential).
5. cold mist humidifier + nose frida + saline spray (i know i’m cheating lol. LO has gotten a few minor colds…babies suck at sleeping when they have stuffy noses/congestion. these products have saved us!)
Post # 7
1. Sophie the giraffe teether, my son loves her.
2. car seat
3. swaddle sacks
4. bibs! my son is a spitter upper and we go through bibs like no tomorow these days/ spit up rags… also
5 his swing. he loves hanging out in it
Post # 8
My baby days are over, but if I had it to do over again I would consider the following to be essential:
A large basket (screw the bassinette)
A twin-sized matteress on the floor (screw the crib)
A car seat (required by law)
Post # 9
My LO is only 2 months old and these are probably my must haves so far:
*Nap nanny- since she won’t sleep flat
*Boppy changing pad liners-way easier than having to change the cover for those many changing opps’!
* Swaddle sleep sacks (with velcro)- will keep their arms secure enough to not break out midsleep and startle them
*Swing/Bouncer- pretty much a place to give your arms a brief break
*Baby carrier that is both front/inward facing- the only way I could get things done in the beginning!
Post # 10
@KT808: “large basket” LOL love it!
My Essentials (remembering from DS)
1. Pak N Play – Works just as good as a crib but can go for overnight trips!
2. Carseat – b/c the law says I need it
3. Baby Carrier – didn’t have one then but I am NOT carrying around that gosh darn carseat everywhere ever again
4. Breast Pump – Definitely needed for an EBF mommma
5. Stroller – b/c I can use it even after baby is bigger to hold my bags when shopping! (My moms best friend ACTUAL does this! bwahaha)
Post # 11
1. Somewhere for baby to sleep – crib / bassinet
2. Transportation – Car seat – travel system if a stroller is needed / front carrier
3. Health – Thermometer, nail clippers, bath needs.
4. Breast care – cream, pads, feeding pillow, pump, bottles, receiving blankets.
5. Entertainment – swing / bouncy chair
I know I cheated but these are my must haves.