(Closed) Eternity Yacht booked! is 4 hrs enough for Reception & Ceremony? PICS!

posted 6 years ago in Reception
  • poll: We have booked 4 hours for both ceremony & reception but is it enough?!
    YES! 30 mins early to board, 4 hrs on the yacht & the optional hotel bar after party is enough! : (20 votes)
    47 %
    NO! Have 4PM ceremony @ the Chapel ($650), yacht reception from 6-10PM & hotel bar after party too! : (16 votes)
    37 %
    SPLURGE! ADD AN HOUR ($2100) 30 mins to board, 5 hrs on the yacht 5:30-10:30 & NO hotel after party. : (7 votes)
    16 %
  • Post # 3
    533 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

    I never thought I would say this….. but I want to have another wedding, and have it on that yacht – amazing!!!

    As for my vote – I voted for option #1, just because I thought it was a good timeline and you didn’t have to spend extra money (it’s all about the budget!!!).  As well, if I were a guest, I would really enjoy that timeline.  There aren’t really any big breaks where you have to find something to do, and maybe for some people 4 hours on a yacht is long enough. Honestly, it is whatever you feel most comfortable with, it is your wedding, so go with your gut feeling.

    Please promise that you will come back and post pictures!!!!


    Post # 7
    1750 posts
    Buzzing bee

    @KimmySumShuga:  I vote for having the wedding at your university and having the party on the yacht. I am suggesting this for a couple of reasons. 1. Price… its no need to pay for extra time on the boat, 4 hours is enough. 2. I like the option of having the wedding at the school for guest who get motion sickness and will not get on a boat. 3. You will have more time to party on the boat since the wedding has already taken place. 4. Its no need to host an after party at the hotel, save your money and enjoy your honeymon. 6 hours is more than enough time to celebrate a wedding especially after many of your guest may have to work.

    Post # 8
    7902 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2012 - Pelican Grand Beach Resort

    Stick to the boat. I think you have enough time, but if you want more time, I’d add on to the time at sea. I think the charm of a yacht wedding is having the ceremony at sea and then there is the added benefit that your guests don’t have to switch locations.

    Post # 10
    1140 posts
    Bumble bee

    It’s your day! I say take all the time you need and stretch it out as long as possible with friends and family! Looks fabulous!

    Post # 12
    748 posts
    Busy bee

    I really love the chapel. And for me at least, that’s the really important moment. The ceremony at the chapel sounds longer and just nicer in general, and closer to your heart :). I’d say go for #2, it’s not that much extra but it buys you a lot of time and gives you time to party with your guests on the yacht!

    Post # 13
    533 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

    @KimmySumShuga: My timeline was actually short compared to traditional weddings in our area, mostly because we had our wedding on a friday night. And we had our ceremony and dinner/reception at the same location.

    5:30 – 6:00pm  Ceremony

    6:01pm – Bar opens!

    6:15pm – Introductions/Welcome

    6:30 – 7:30pm – Dinner

    7:30 – 8:00pm – Speeches, First Dance, Father & Daughter Dance

    11:00pm – “Midnight Buffet”

    8:00pm – 1:00 am – Reception

    If you are having a lot of “older people”, they probably will leave early. We had about 50 people over the age of 65.  I would say 75% of them left before 10:00pm, and the other 25% left after the midnight buffet.

    We also did pictures before, which was my preference (LOVE the first look!!!).  A lot of people really liked our timeline, but most weddings in our area have a 2-4 hour gap…. and we live in the hicks so there is literally nothing for people to do!


    Post # 15
    533 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

    @KimmySumShuga: I can understand being worried about people skipping out on the ceremony, especially on a Friday night.  We were lucky, because ours was at 5:30 and at the same location as our ceremony.  It would have been really obvious if people were trying to sneak in after skipping out on our ceremony.  We still did have a few people come late/miss the ceremony because of work, but the were very apologetic, and it was hard to be mad at people on our wedding day.

    Is there any way you can “intice” people to come to the ceremony if they were thinking about skipping.  Perhaps making a note on the invitation that a bus/transportation will be provided from the ceremony to the boat. That way you don’t have to worry about people getting lost along the way either!

    Regardless what you decide, I am sure it will be an amazing day!

    The topic ‘Eternity Yacht booked! is 4 hrs enough for Reception & Ceremony? PICS!’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors