(Closed) Etsy Kiss & Make Up for neutral feedback…?

posted 6 years ago in Etiquette
Post # 3
1798 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Did you give the wrong address? Or did she write the address wrong? In the first case, I’d give positive feedback since it wasn’t her fault and in the second case I think neutral reflects your experience.

Post # 4
1747 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

I would not change it. I would be very explicit about what went wrong too, since the point of the reviews is for brides to be informed when deciding on a vendor.

She can’t sugar you up to change your opinion when the actual experience was a s*$-fest. 

She’s lucky you left a neutral feedback instead of a negative one.

Post # 6
9824 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

If she makes it right with a discount or patial refund/free stuff, I’d change it. I appreciate and will give second chances to vendors who correct their mistakes, no problem. People are human, things happen.

But to just change it because she asked pretty please with a cherry on top, no. I value honest feedback as a buyer when making decisions about who to trust with my time and money.

Post # 7
13099 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

@KatyElle:  I agree – If she gives you a partial refund or discounted thank yous or something, I’d change it to positive (but still leave in the comment portion what happened with the shipping while explaining that the seller did ultimately make up for it).

Otherwise – leave it as neutral.  I think that seems quite fair.

Post # 8
1340 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I’ve had one of these, but it was expensive, time-sensitive textbooks on eBay. The seller royally messed up (tried selling a 2001 out-of-date textbook as a Like New $300 2011 textbook) and while he tried to make it right when I disputed it, I still gave him neutral feedback. When he found it, he emailed me and tried to entice me with a 15% off coupon, to which I politely declined because it was the way I felt when it happened and I didn’t want to diminish my consumer review for 15% and have someone else go through what I did.

The topic ‘Etsy Kiss & Make Up for neutral feedback…?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors