Post # 1
FH and I are currently having some trouble with a new planner at the Caribbean resort where are scheduled to get married next year. We really want to make this work but it’s becoming increasingly difficult. The resort’s wedding planner recently changed and our Big Day seems to be falling apart (READ: old planner = fantastic; new planner = not so great).
So, anyone else have Destination Wedding planning troubles? Was there ever a point in the planning process when you wished you had chosen a different location? What happened? Did you change (if so, how far out from your wedding)?
Any experience you share is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Bees!
Post # 3
We just booked a honey moon for end of November and our wedding is end of october! It can be done even one month ahead of time. We waited to make sure where we wanted to go. All places have cancellation policies and its usually not that much if you cancel in advance. You want to be comfortable for your honeymoon.
We are honeymooning in Napa Valley and visiting some beautiful wineries and staying at a pretty resort. Very romantic packages there. Good luck!
Post # 4
We had some troubles narrowing down a location in the first place. Only because there were so many awesome places we could go and it was just so hard to choose! We even considered Norway for bit (he’s got Norwegian heritage).
I may have wondered “what would it have been like it if were XYZ?”
My H reminded me that 90% of the awesomeness is just us getting married to each other and the other 10% was just details (how, when, where). My 10% turned out to be pretty dang awesome, but I think it might have been equally awesome at other locations as well.
Post # 5
@TAGsr: we did change locations from Bali to Thailand but it was early on and we hadnt signed anything. Is the wedding coordinater slow to reply, or is she still learning all the details? Can you give her an email saying you need more info, or outline what you require? Our wedding coordinator is awesome but the person we have who is dealing with our accommodation at our resort has changed 4 times and that is frustrating as we have to go over the same details again etc.