(Closed) Everyday hairstyles

posted 7 years ago in Beauty
Post # 3
Member
5475 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I have super thick hair, so if I don’t straighten it I have to pull it out of my face.  Here is what I did today:

Holy huge pic… sorry!

Post # 5
Member
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Braids are coming back try braiding your hair

Post # 6
Member
5475 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@roxy821:  I shouldn’t complain about it being so thick, but in order to get my hair to look really good I have to:

  • shampoo and follow with a deep conditioner, let it set for 5 minutes then rinse
  • towel dry my hair
  • spray heat protectant
  • blow dry- this takes about 10 to 15 minutes to get it all the way dry
  • blow cool air on my hair to keep it from getting too frizzy
  • use a dab of biosilk and massage into my dry hair
  • straighten my hair- I have to do it in sections and it takes about 10 minutes to get all of it all the way straight
  • smooth over it with more biosilk, brush it out again
  • mist some hairspray all over to get it to stay non-frizzy

Sooo basically unless I’m going out with Fiance on a hot date or having girls night out, my shit ends up in a pony tail by the end of the day!  Too bad I’m growing it out for the wedding too, so it’s longer than it’s been in years so I just get frustrated with it all the time. 

Post # 8
Member
6247 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

I like playing around with different things like french braiding across the front (bangs if you got em), or making a side part and using cute clips or bobby pins to pull the front pieces to each side, then throwing it back in a ponytail or messy bun.  There’s always the front poof too.  Those things don’t take too long but they can make your hairstyle look different each day.

 

Post # 9
Member
4693 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@totheislnds:  I think I might have to try this! It looks simple enough. 

99% of the time I throw my hair into a ponytail because I can’t be bothered to deal with it.  The other 1% I leave it down, I don’t blow dry it either, I crank the heat in the car on the way to work so it’s dry by the time I get there!

Post # 11
Member
4693 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@roxy821:  I know what you mean!  I always have the best of intentions… and then I get up in the morning, and as I’m stumbling around in the dark go “Uggggh.  I don’t wanna do my hairrrr.” *gaint pouty face* I’m just not a morning person…. like at all.

Post # 12
Member
1575 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I have uber curly hair and believe me, it limits one’s choices. The best I can do is put it in a pony tail. My daughter (when she was still alive) could French braid my hair but I can’t do it.

Post # 14
Member
6247 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

@Gemstone:  It’d take me a heck of a lot longer than 2 minutes to even just prep my hair for that 2-minute updo.  LOL

Post # 15
Hostess
16196 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@MapleMoose:  Haha! I felt the same way. The first time I tried it, it took me 20 minutes to get it to stay. I think you need a specific hair type for that one, but I have to admit that it looks great!

The topic ‘Everyday hairstyles’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors