- 7 years ago
- Wedding: September 2011
I thought a lot about whether or not to post this, I’m not really sure what I’m looking for. I’m just feeling lost and “detached” at the moment.
Here is a list of what is going on in my life:
1) I am getting married in 2 months. It is a destination wedding about a 7 hr drive from home.
2) I have just resigned from my job, and my last day is in 3 weeks. I will be unemployed at least until the wedding and probably for a bit afterwards.
3) After 7 years of dating (and 3 years of living together) Fiance moved to the UK in March and we are now only seeing each other once a month (doing long distance).
4) Right after the wedding I am moving to the UK to join my Fiance. He is the only person I know there.
5) Since Fiance is currently living in the UK, I have to pack up our entire apartment and have the furniture ready to ship by the end of August.
6) I will be living at my FMIL’s or friend’s places after I move out of my apartment until after the wedding.
So… with all this going on, I feel like I’m losing myself. I’m anxious about not having an income (even though I have enough saved and Fiance has enough to support me). Ever since graduating college I have supported myself, so relying on someone else is making me a bit uncomfortable (even though it’s the best thing at the moment).
Everything that has made up my identity seems to be changing (my job, the city I live in, my name, etc).
It’s hard to discuss this with people because everything that is happening is a “good” thing and I should be excited.
This is maybe part of what is making me feel not confident about my dress anymore. i want to make sure I don’t lose who I am with all these changes.
Any thoughts? Advice? Sorry for rambling and thank you for reading this far.