Post # 1
So I’ve got a lovely patch of ringworm that’s popped up on the inside of my calf.
If you’re not sure what it is, it’s a fungal infection… not a real worm 🙂 but it’s often in a perfect circle or ring. I’ve dealt with it before, usually every couple of years I’ll get some spots. They look like large mosquito bites and a SUPER itchy and annoying… and ugly.
I was happy to see I could buy Clotrimozole in the drugstore so I could skip a trip to the Dr (and the copays!) for them to give me the same thing.
What I’m not sure of, since it’s been a while since my last bout with it… is about how long it’s going to take for it to disappear?
I’ll use the cream twice a day, and unfortunately, the weather here has been super wet which is likely one of the causes of the flareup. But aside from trying to keep it dry and the medicine… any hope that this sucker will be gone by my wedding day 32 days from now?
Post # 3
1/10th bleach solution applied a couple times per day with a Q-tip. Don’t waste your money on the cream unless you are allergic to bleach.
Post # 4
@helenberrycrunch: Yup, sadly… bleach (even the smell of it) makes me super itchy and tough to breath.
Post # 5
And a PS to my post: I hate feeling like I have cooties!!! 🙂
Post # 6
My mom gets it every once in a while (occupational hazzard) and it doesn’t seem to take that long to clear up. I don’t know what she uses offhand, but hers seems to always clear up within a week or two. It might look a little like dry skin after that, but I think a month should be plenty of time.
Post # 7
I think that when I got it I used athlete’s foot medicine to make it go away? It took a few weeks to go away though.
Post # 8
I got it from my kittens but I kinda pretended it was poison oak. So if anyone asks you can say its poison oak & not feel gross 🙂
I got a box of q tips & clear nail polish. I dipped a q-tip into the nail polish, then dabbed on my skin then THROW AWAY the q-tip & use a new one to use more nail polish if you do that again. Double dipping will further spread it. The nail polish will dry it out plus kinda acts as a protective barrier.
I showered, sprayed the athlete’s foot stuff onto the ringworm spot, let it dry, applied nail polish, let it dry & put on a 2nd coat of it, let that dry. Then put a bandaid over that. I would re-apply the nail polish as needed.
Take LOTS of vitamins & be extra healthy! I got ringworm because I was around it & sick; Darling Husband didn’t get it at all. So if your immune system is down, that’s likely how you got it.
It took about 2 or 3 weeks for the ringworm to not show, but I still treated it for a week after just so I made sure it was gone for good.
I also bought alo vera soap. (I think I’m spelling it wrong but I’m having a blank on how to spell this). The alo vera is a natural defense against ringworm & helps get it gone faster.
Post # 9
I had ringworm on my NECK before. I put bleach on a band-aid and switched out “bleach-aids” every few hours. The bleach ended up burning off a layer of skin- getting rid of the ringworm real quick but leaving me with a permanent scar which looks like a hickie to.this.day. Be careful with bleach!
ETA: Just saw your issues with bleach… glad you’re a few steps ahead of the game! 🙂