(Closed) Excited and kinda want some advice

posted 6 years ago in Elopement
Post # 3
Member
6124 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

I’d say get a photographer to document it all.  A good one!  I was very picky about my photogapher.

Post # 5
Member
6124 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@stillwaiting88:  We went for a wedding day hike. I really wanted to hike the day of the wedding, so that’s what we did.  Maybe if there’s something you two enjoy doing together, you can do that before the wedding.  Then we got ready together for the most part.  We also did a first look before going to the ceremony.  You could go to a nearby park to get some lovely outdoor photos.  Get an amazing dinner and a bottle of champagne!

Post # 7
Member
6124 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

@stillwaiting88:  Check out the photos from my recent elopement.  The whole trip was super romantic!  JuniperSage has some very romantic city hall elopement photos.  Search for her name.

Since we were eloped, we had endless possibilities.  Having done the courthouse route the first time (for me), I wanted something outdoors in the mountains which was more us.  We had so many ptions – where to go?  We wantd to get married while on the honeymoon trip.  We struggled with where to have it for a long time.

My lovely H reminded me that 90% of it is just the awesomeness of us getting married, the other 10% are the details (when, where, etc).  He was right, but my other 10% was pretty dang amazing.

Good luck on your researching journey!

Go to http://www.intimateweddings.com and search for elopement – tons of pretty photos and ideas!

GreenWeddingShoes.com has just an elopement tab: http://greenweddingshoes.com/category/real-weddings/elopements/

RuffledBlog has some as well.

Post # 8
Member
256 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

We are going to the courthouse this Friday, so look back for our pics! I am SO excited! We are having a photographer, still getting dressed up, still have flowers, etc.  Afterwards, we are having a small picnic in a local park.

The topic ‘Excited and kinda want some advice’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors