- 6 years ago
Last night was a very interesting night…
– SO asked me to move in with him-like soon/now
– We looked at rings for several hours
– He agreed to put his house on the market and gave me a price range that he thinks our new house should be in (A LOT higher than I was expecting!)
– We talked budgeting details for our future (savings, debt, etc)
– We even talked about having a wedding. He doesn’t want to have one, I do. We will hopefully meet somewhere in the middle!
Unfortunately I can’t/won’t move in with him right now. My kids are starting school next week and moving would mean changing their schools and moving them an extra half hour from their father. I don’t want to move them mid-school year or without any warning. SO is not thrilled about my stance but like I told him, he has known for a long time that I wanted a year-long engagement for exactly these reasons. A little aggravated that he dragged his feet, if he had dropped this bomb on me in June or July I would probably have just gone for it. I so knew that he was going to do this-grrr! But I guess the ball is rolling for things to really start happening now, so that is exciting :o)