(Closed) Exotic honeymoon destination – $4000 or less total?

posted 8 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 17
9680 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@diamondsragrlbf:  Can I ask what resort that is? It’s stunning!

Post # 18
9680 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@futuremrsk18:  +1, Costa Rica beaches suck. Definitely an adventure trip, not a lazing around trip.

Post # 19
2116 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We’re going to an all-inclusive resort in Aruba, and it clocked in under $4k 🙂

http://www.tamarijnaruba.com/

ETA: we used Orbitz, and the whole trip cost $2,966.96

(round-trip flights + 5 nights at the resort + round-trip ground transport in Aruba + travel insurance)

Post # 20
2643 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2009

@Bri1o:  DH and I just did Bahamas for 7 nights for $1,000..  Seriously, I’m not kidding you.  However, we were able to pay for our flights and 5 nights of our hotel for points.  Even if we didn’t have the points, the place we stayed at for the first 5 nights (Sheraton) was SUPER inexpensive by Caribbean island standards.  I believe the nightly rooms were only $189/night (we were there in June).  Considering we paid $600/night for our honeymoon on the same island, right down the road (Sandals), $189 seemed like a steal. 

Another option is to check out VRBO.  I found a beachfront condo in St. Thomas for $89/night.

Post # 21
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We did an AI in Riviera Maya for our honeymoon and it was amazing.  It was about 4500 for 10 days.  I like the idea of an AI so we didn’t have to plan anything (after planning a whole wedding, this was a nice respite).  We recently went to Turks & Caicos and OMG is that place to die for!  Definitely a different vibe than Mexico.  We actually rented a luxury condo from HomeAway and it cost us about 2500 for air and lodging for 8 days.  The beaches are insane and pretty much deserted if you walk a little further down from Grace Bay (Leeward area).  We spent almost every night having a little picnic on the beach watching the sunset and drinking wine. Ah, now I want to go back…

Post # 22
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

@Bri1o:  We’re going to Antigua! Just booked ours a couple weeks ago. We got everything – air, hotel, food/bev (it’s all inclusive) for around $5,600 total. Definitely check out Sandals resorts – they have some amazing deals and I’ve heard great things from friends who have stayed at them for their honeymoons!

Post # 23
97 posts
Worker bee

The way groupon works is that when businesses are A) Experiencing their slow time or B) Starting out and try to get noticed, they use groupon to get a lot of business at once.  The businesses are able to give great deals because they are guaranteed a certain number of customers through groupon. 

Having said that, if you were to look into groupon and choose to book a vacation through them, do your research because sometimes you’ll be booking for the slow season (you may or may not want that). 

I met people who booked through groupon while on vacation in Costa Rica- they paid a lot less for the same vacation! 

Also, I love Costa Rica.  We are going (again) for our honeymoon.  We haven’t been to the Caribbean side yet so I can’t say what the beaches over there are like, but I think of CR as an adventure vacation for sure. 

Post # 24
9633 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@Bri1o:  i have not yet booked a trip through those sites, but i have gotten other deals and hotels in the US.  all legit.

we are going to Italy for our honeymoon.  There was a 9 day Italy trip on living social that we considered booking.  I wanted to go longer than 9 days.  FI’s friend works for Living Social and I emailed him a list of questions.  Unfortunately the trip was a 9 day only package with airfare and we could not extend on either end.  But everything about it was very legit.

We ended up booking our honeymoon through another discount website called europeandestinations.  it came recommended by another friend who used it for his honeymoon.  so far so good.  i did buy the trip insurance so in case anything happens on either end.

Post # 25
15471 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

Peru.  We went last May for 10 days and it came in at exactly $4000, including air, hotel, food, tours, shopping,etc.

Post # 26
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

I have been a lot of places and my favorite affordable vacation was probably Costa Rica (staying 3 days at the beach and 4 days at the Volcano for about $1,100 each including air).  The volcano area (Arenal) is extremely romantic.  If you were to go there, look into Arenal Nayara hotel.  It is one of the most romantic and luxurious places I have ever stayed!

I have been to Riviera Maya many times, mostly because the beaches are some of the best in the world and you can get incredible deals at all-inclusive resorts.  In fact, we got married there!

Puerto Rico is also very nice and affordable. Spend a few days on the private island of Culebra.

All that being said, the hubs and I went to Greece for our honeymoon for two weeks and it cost us $8,000. So I think going for a week for $4,000 would be do-able.  I’d be happy to share our itinerary with you. : )

Post # 27
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

We aren’t doing an all inclusive for our wedding but we used aavacations.com and our airfaire and hotel room in Barbados for 7 days is about $950. per person.  I was surprise that aa vacations had such great deals. 

Post # 29
3172 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@Bri1o:  Cruise! One of the Bees (BrandNewBride I believe) has a great review of a her honeymoon cruise from Puerto Rico. Carnival has a great 2014 preview sale going on right now until the end of the month. You can get a seven day cruise with a balcony for around $2100 which includes food, taxes, and fees. Ports include St. Thomas, Barbadoes, St. Martin, St. Lucia, and St. Kitts. You can pay the deposit and then slowly pay for the rest until about two months before the cruise. It’s fun to play around with your options on Carnival’s website.

ETA: I choose the option of leaving Puerto Rico right after your posted wedding date.

Post # 30
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
@Bri1o:  they have 2 grocery stores. One is within walking distance of grace bay. The other is a short drive (we rented a car).  The food is definitely more expensive than a grocery at home but they had all of the usual things to eat. The restaurants were really good. We liked coco bistro the best for a nice dinner and da conch shack for a more casual place. 

Post # 31
2562 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

You could look at skyauction.com.  You can get hotel rooms usually at about 70% off so that might give you room for food since they don’t have all inclusive resorts.

The topic ‘Exotic honeymoon destination – $4000 or less total?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors