(Closed) Exotic honeymoon destination – $4000 or less total?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 32
2389 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@pixiecat:  They do have AIs (at least they used to!) – I went to Cancun on a skyauction trip.

Post # 34
3176 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@toritrad:  Ah I so wanted to book the Arenal Nayara but for the time I wanted to go, they only had the $400/night room left. Sadness. 

Post # 36
312 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Seriously is my history wrong? I thought that Cuba still had a ban on letting US citizens there? My best friend and I screwed around laughing the whole time in our post WWII History class. Embarassed I keep seeing it come up usually a Canadian bee so I didn’t think anything of it until right now bc people in the US are saying Cuba.

We are probably going to Aruba. My in laws went for $1600 and had a lot of fun. Try cheapcarribean.com although on that site they don’t have no kids resorts in aruba. :/ Fi thinks I am a weirdo being anti kids…then I think back to our last trip to Atlantic City and a lil kid was screaming bloody murder at dinner, I remember why I said adults only resorts would be preferred.

Post # 37
436 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

View original reply
@Bri1o:  couples resort in negril jamaica. Negril is fantastic (and I’ve always felt safe there. Been there 4 times)

Post # 38
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: March 2013

if you still have an interest in Costa Rica, check out the Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort- incredible! https://www.tabacon.com/

I also have a full itinerary of Costa Rica so holler if you want it!

Post # 39
1868 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@Bri1o:  My husband and I went to Couples Negril in Jamaica and I loved it!! We were there 8 nights and I think we spent a little over $4000. Of course you can book less nights and depending on the season the prices are different. Couples has 4 resorts in Jamaica all ranging in price. I think their San Souci resort in Ocho Rios is a little cheaper and I know couples that went there and loved it too!

Post # 40
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

View original reply
@Bri1o:  I’ve been to Couples Tower Isle twice and we really loved it.  I’ve heard good things about all the Couples resorts (they have two in Negril-which is a much larger beach).  I liked CTI because, although the beach is smaller, it is private so no one hastles you on the beach.  The food was great and service was awesome.

Post # 41
296 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

I stayed on negril beach and toured the cliff areas.  I toured  several of the hotels on the cliffs.  The whole area is nice.  We visited Samsara, Xtabi, The caves, & Rockhouse. I added a listing of some of the cliff resorts.  We are doing our honeymoon in spring and doing 4 nights at the beach 4 nights on the cliffs (not sure which resort yet) and a few nights in south JA.

http://www.negrilonestop.com/cliffresortslist.shtml

Post # 42
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

OP, Jamaica is not in Mexico. Google Maps are your friend. 🙂

Post # 44
22 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Commenting to follow

Post # 45
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@Bri1o:  Well, that doesn’t exactly clarify your post – Mexico is a huge continental country encompassing more than 750,000 square miles and a population of more than 100 million people, with hundreds of vibrant and unique sites that constitute a dazzling array of potential destinations for honeymooners and other travelers. The principal language is Spanish, based on the colonial history under Spain.

Jamaica is a Caribbean island of about 4,000 square miles and a population of just over 2.5 million. The main tourism attractions focus on beach destinations, although there is some recent diversification into adventure and cultural experiences. The principal language is English, based on its colonial history under England.

The only real similarity between these places is that the have roughly similar, very high, levels of poverty.

Your phrase  “typical all inclusive trip destinations” doesn’t make any sense. Both countries have a huge variety of types of accommodations and travel options.

Post # 46
1597 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

We are taking a cruise on Princess Cruise lines – leaving from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and traveling to Princess Cays (private island in the Bahamas), Aruba, and Curacao.

Aruba and Curacao are just off the coast of Venezuela so that’s pretty exotic in my book!

Total spent will be about $2500 and that includes airfare (from Pittsburgh).

The topic ‘Exotic honeymoon destination – $4000 or less total?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors