(Closed) Exotic honeymoon destination – $4000 or less total?

posted 7 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 47
1192 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

View original reply
@TwoStatesBride:  where are you staying in St. lucia? We honeymooned there a couple of months ago and want to go back!!!

Post # 48
1192 posts
Bumble bee

@Bri1o:  we went to St. lucia…so amazing!!

Post # 49
3967 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

I dream of Jade Mountain in St. Lucia.. but so expensive! commenting to follow

Post # 51
3194 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
@Britt214:  Sandals La Toc! We’re crossing our fingers the weather is nice, because its hurricane season in the Caribbean in October. We were told by the folks at Sandals that we may have an hour or two of rain every day, like normal in the Caribbean, but that in general the weather would be nice.

Post # 52
162 posts
Blushing bee

I was also interested in Costa Rica but due to the rainy season we’re doing another “exotic” location: Belize!! We are def going to be able to do it for around 4k with almost everything included.

Post # 53
1192 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@TwoStatesBride:  We stayed at Sandals Grande..a short boat ride away! I will tell you the rainstorms are so short.  It would literally rain for 5 minutes and be sunny the rest of the day.  So jealous you all are going..I would go back in a heartbeat!  And the shuttle transfer really is not that bad.  We heard horror stories but we survived.

View original reply
@love108:  We saw Jade Mountain…wowza! Way out of my price range but sooo nice. We did Sandals Grande and loved it!

Post # 54
355 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

You can try looking into Anguilla (that is where I’ll be getting married next year!). It’s a small secluded island off of St.Maarten. You could probably get away with a 1 week stay for around 4k (look into Ambia http://www.ambia-anguilla.com/ – there are only 4 rooms, romantic and it’s a B&B)!

The beaches and spectacular and super quiet. In total, you’ll have less than 10 people sharing the long stretches of beaches they have. If you’re into shopping, you can take a boat ride to St.Maarten for some duty free fun! 🙂

The closest I’ve seen to a beach paradise!

Post # 55
451 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

View original reply
@Bri1o:  Sorry if you’re feeling criticized; I just truly don’t understand what you’re trying to say when you say that Jamaica is like Mexico.

Post # 56
1597 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

View original reply
@Bri1o:  We leave November 15th. This is only my 2nd cruise, but it’s my husband’s, like, 10th. lol

The drink prices do kind of suck, but I guess the fact that everything else is included (save souveniers). lol

The last 2 days of the cruise are actually days at sea and we are REALLY looking forward to those, as strange as it may sound. This will be our first vacation since 2009 and we desperately need some “us” time and time to just sit and DO NOTHING (maybe with a massage thrown in).

Smile

Post # 57
497 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Do Thailand for a week!!! Flights for the two of you will take up half of the budget, but once there, things are so cheap. It took my husband and I 3 whole days before we spent $500 and we did a million things.

Post # 58
50 posts
Worker bee

i know you said you don’t like mexico but mexico always has the best deals. my bf’s aunt went to cancun with her bf and they spent roughly $3k on everything, including airfare.

SE asia is doable for under $4k but i’m not sure if that’s true coming from canada. i live in la and i spend less than $2k (myself only) whenever i go to that region 🙂

Post # 59
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2014

leaving a comment to folow

Post # 60
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

This is just an idea, but have you guys thought about going on a cruise? I’m not sure about price but you would be able to go to a few different places. It might be worth checking out!

Post # 61
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Commenting to follow…

The topic ‘Exotic honeymoon destination – $4000 or less total?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors