(Closed) Expensive wedding photography taste for only $3500 budget in toronto

posted 7 years ago in Photos/Videos
Post # 16
138 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
steph91:  WOW I love your photographers!!!! That’s an amazing price by the way!

Post # 18
Hostess
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
GoooingToTheChapel:  oh winter would be GORGEOUS !! Luke was super flexible as well, he knew very well the weather could be bad so he had multiple days open when I was off. You should look for a date when it is snowing! I had to do autumn pics for other reasons, but my number one choice would have been winter 🙂 What date is your wedding!

Post # 19
1037 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
stefano101:  Check out – http://www.jenniferimages.ca

she did my wedding in 2009 and has since done all my major photos along with my bridesmaids… she’ll be doing my second wedding next year! her rates are great and super talented… 

Post # 21
218 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
stefano101:  Check out Melanie Rebane photography. She is from Ottawa but regularly works in Toronto as well. And she’s been featured in Wedluxe many times. She did my wedding and was fantastic. I think if you hire her for 8 hours it’s more around 3500. We did the whole day plus engagement shoot and engagement album for signing at the wedding and we had a second photographer for the wedding.

Post # 22
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2015

Check out Whitney Heard Photography. She’s a natural light photographer and her pics are beautiful 🙂

Post # 23
249 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
alysee:  Ahhh! I’m using Anastasia too! yay! She is photographing my October 3rd wedding and I think she’s amazing! 

I too struggled with champagne taste on a beer budget when it came to photography. I didn’t get any quotes under $3k except from Anastasia.

Post # 24
6302 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2012

View original reply
stefano101: Like @TonyClifton said, I’m sure you know that for the right circumstances there can always be wiggle room in price. I’ve been known to “eat it” on travel costs when it’s a wedding in a place I really wanted to travel to. Heck, I just chopped quite a chunk off my package for a couple who is beyond sweet and humble – and they’re getting married in a venue I wanted badly. I would contact some of your favorites to see if they are open and tell them a little about your wedding and the situation. Depending on the time of year, you never know what they’ll come up with. 

Post # 25
686 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

You may already be doing this, but one way I found photographers was to type in the name of a venue–maybe even your venue–and “wedding photography” (ex. Liberty Grand wedding photography) in Google, and it will bring you back blogs of weddings that happened at that particular venue. Blog posts of real weddings often give you a better idea of a photographer’s style instead of looking at a gallery of their best shots ever. 

Of course, then the tough part is contacting them to find out pricing. But it does open up your options to people who are very good but maybe aren’t listed on all the wedding websites yet, and maybe therefore cheaper?

Post # 26
2 posts
Wannabee

View original reply
stefano101:  My best friend had a fantastic photographer that she flew to Jamaica for her wedding and she was very affordable.

The photographer was there for 4 days, brought her 2nd photographer at no additional charge (he was in charge of the guys POV during the day) and she also received a beautiful album. 

All-in-all, I think Tiffany (my bf) paid around $3000 total for everything (engagement pics, wedding pics, USB of pics, album, 2 photogs, editing, etc.).

If you are still looking for a photographer, just send me a reply/PM and I’ll forward you her info!

Post # 27
166 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

I sent you a message! 

Post # 28
42 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
stefano101:  My suggestion is to look for someone outside of Toronto! If you are getting married in the Niagara area look around there. Vendors will be more willing to work with your budget if they don’t have to travel as far. For example, my fiance and I are from Toronto but we met while in University in Hamilton, so we decided to go back and get married there.  Our photographer is also from Hamilton so she is not charging us for travel. We also found that prices were more reasonable once we started looking outside of Toronto.

Post # 29
15 posts
Newbee

View original reply
stefano101:  We used Sarah Gormley Photography, who we loved (we just got our photos back). For 10 hours, plus engagement shoot, and 2 photographers, it was $3600 (including her travel – she travels all over the US). I’m not sure if her travel radius includes Canada, or just continental US, but you should check her out. Of course, depends on what you’re looking for – but we loved her work – warm, natural, documentary, rather than glamorous. http://sarahgormleyphotography.com/ Also, a really lovely person, and unobtrusive presence at the wedding.

Post # 30
88 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

Commenting to follow

The topic ‘Expensive wedding photography taste for only $3500 budget in toronto’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors