(Closed) Fall 2011 Brides: Are you doing anything for your negative 1 year anniversary?

posted 8 years ago in September 2011
Post # 3
369 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

We totally did!  We are getting married on 9.10.11, and went to Disneyland and stayed in a hotel.  My birthday was 2 days later so it was a joint celebration thingy, but it was really fun to be thinking about what we would be doing exactly 1 year from that moment.  It got me really excited…..until I got the flu and we had to go home. 

It was all fun in theory! I totally think you should do something to celebrate!

Post # 4
1810 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

OMG! Negative-one-year! That’s great! ๐Ÿ™‚

I am not a Fall ’11 bride, but we went to a baseball game on what we thought was our negative-one-year (we ended up moving our date ahead 6 days). The baseball game was purely coincidence though. And tomorrow will be our negative-8-months, and we’re going to a hockey game. Another coincidence. What can I say, we like sports.

It will definitely be on my mind tomorrow night though.

Post # 5
941 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

What a fun topic!  A friend of mine actually called it a “pre-anniversary” or something along those lines.

I think we’re going to go to the place where the wedding is going to be and stay there or in the area.  It’s going to be in a park that we’ve never seen in the fall, so we’re going to head up there with some friends, and be in pretty fall nature.  Get a break from nyc.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
183 posts
Blushing bee

we went out to dinner for our one year pre wedding ๐Ÿ™‚ and he also got me flowers! it was so cute

Post # 7
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Well I wasn’t until I saw this thread! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 8
2392 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Ours was last Friday, and it was also the day before my fiance’s 30th birthday party (actual birthday is today!).  A couple of his friends were in town visiting, as was his brother and his friend.  We had all of them, plus one of my close friends over for dinner and made yummy risotto and salad and a cheese plate with wine.  It wasn’t really a celebration of our minus one-inversary, but it was still a really great time.

Post # 9
548 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I was just thinking the other day about how I should come up with something cute to do! I thought maybe dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date–we haven’t been back in 5 years.

The topic ‘Fall 2011 Brides: Are you doing anything for your negative 1 year anniversary?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors