(Closed) Fall 2012 wedding no longer likely…

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
2063 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

SO and I got engaged on Christmas Eve and now have the venue, photographer, caterer, and everything else all locked up. The key is going to be having the funds readily available to drop the deposits immediately. Don’t give up hope and Good Luck!

Post # 4
3626 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Would you be willing to TTC before the wedding? That could maybe put your mind at ease somewhat. What if you look a little farther at venues than where you were looking initially?

Post # 5
5479 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Also, keep an open mind about non-traditional venues.  Think local parks, museums, art galleries, etc…  They often aren’t booked as early nor are they as expensive as some other locations.  Best of luck- hope you get the proposal soon 🙂

Post # 6
12973 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You’ll have to be flexible with your date – fall weddings tend to be really popular.  You may need to have a Friday night or Sunday afternoon wedding.  It can be done, as long as you aren’t 100% set on a particular thing being done!

Post # 7
241 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I can relate.  In March of last year my SO started talking wedding seriously.  I started browsing venues and couldn’t find exactly what I was looking for until this past October.  I found it but I am so worried that we won’t be able to book it for this September.  My SO plans on proposing around the same time as yours and YES I am anxious to get things booked already.  

My SO will be 34 in May and unfortunately if we can’t book the venue for this fall, he may be 35 before we are married.  We have had previous talks about plans for starting a family and we want to have the first by the time he is 36, which is really pushing things close together.  

I try to have the attitude that everything will work out just the way it should.  Of course, most times that is easier said than done..lol

Good luck to you!! 🙂

Post # 8
772 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Men totally underestimate the timelines on these things, BUT, remember that by waiting you will likely be able to pick up weekends other couples drop due to cancelations or changes of plans. 

I also second being more flexible on dates and times.  You may decide to do a Friday night, or even skip traditional venues and use a restaurant. Or do a Sunday or Sat brunch instead.

Just let it happen.  March shouldn’t be too late In My Humble Opinion if you are willing to be flexible.   We planned our wedding in three months, so it can def happen!  Though I recognize that we were in the off season, our date was very popular.  Still, we found plenty of ways to make it work.

Post # 9
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My SO and I had a similar convo this weekend. I don’t want to or see the point in waiting a year to have the ceremony. I’d rather it be done within 6 months. He knows I want a fall wedding and so does he. I hope he gets his hiney in motion. Otherwise, I’ll probably wait until July 13 (gparents anniversary) but that would likely be booked anyways too. Men just don’t get it….

Post # 10
1327 posts
Bumble bee

Honestly guys just don’t realize how long it takes to plan a wedding. My SO was like this until I reminded him that we only have the weekends to plan things, and then when you knock out holidays, christmas, birthday weekends etc you are left with like 30 days to plan your entire wedding lol. And that is with starting a year in advance.

Post # 12
3626 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

@lizzyflitz:   I understand. But look on a Sunday, definitely! That’s what I’m doing!

Post # 13
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2012

We got engaged in October and were married a week ago, no problems with vendors/venues etc.

It can totally be done, don’t let your vendors get all high pressure with you about being booked way far in advanced… that’s a sales tactic, somebody will have availability or you can go with a nontraditional day, we did a Sunday morning ceremony & brunch reception and it was awesome! We had bacon at our wedding! Who doesn’t love bacon?

Post # 14
1430 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Yeah I can relate somewhat. I wanted to get married next spring sometime, probably on May long weekend since it was during that time my boyfriend and I first met in person. 🙂 But the other day I was bored and looked at a few wedding venue and photographers in our area, and alot of them were already booked for spring of 2013. So now I guess we’ll just push the date to spring of 2014, which on the brightside gives us more time to plan and save up money.

Post # 16
12973 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

@lizzyflitz:  Plus, from what I’ve seen, a lot of vendors offer discounts for Friday/Sunday weddings since they’re out of the norm!  It may work out in your favor!

The topic ‘Fall 2012 wedding no longer likely…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors