(Closed) Fall 2015 brides. . .what are you planning now?

posted 7 years ago in September 2015
Post # 16
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
MrsMeowton:  LOL “there is no time it needs done now” That’s about my reaction sometimes.. I would just rather get it done and over with!! Thankfully I’ll be taking a tiny break soon to focus on planning our daughter’s first birthday!!

We have the following done:

Venue Booked

Wedding parrt finalized

DJ/Photobooth booked

Photographer booked

Bridesmaid Dresses picked out (ordering no later than March)

Florist booked, placed order (putting deposit down next week)

Most reception decor purchased (candles (yummicandles.com), manzanita branches (bloomsandbranches.com), hanging votives (wholesaleflowersandsupplies.com), rose petals (koyal wholsale through amazon), and began purchasing vases thanks to hobby lobby’s 50% off sale!)

Purchased envelopes, glitter mats, glitter belly bands

Purchased dress, veil, hairpiece

To Do:

Cake

Tuxes

Finish Invites

Don’t go crazy.

Post # 17
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Contemporary Art Center of Peoria

09-26-15!! Woo. ๐Ÿ™‚ 364 days.

So far I have:

-bought my dress

-booked our venue

-reserved, not offically booked the photographer and caterer (both friends so there’s no real rush.)

-started purchasing centerpieces

-started designing invites

-purchased chargers- hell yes ๐Ÿ™‚

-asked my bridesmaids, picked out their dresses

-spent a LOT of time on pinterest

I feel pretty good about what I’ve done. But, I cant even deal with my still to be done list. I might have a panic attack. 

View original reply
MrsPhishBee:  LOL @ don’t go crazy. Hahahaa!

Post # 18
859 posts
Busy bee

September 2015! 

We have:

* picked a date

* reserved our wedding/reception venue

* reserved our officiant 

* picked the bridal party

* booked a photographer

Next on my list are the caterer (should be taken care of by the end of the month), STDs and my dress. 

Post # 19
298 posts
Helper bee

Hi ! Wow so many date twins I am also a 10-10-15 bride. I am so excited! So far I have our venue booked the ceremony and reception will be at the same place. Talso provide catering so that is also taken care of. I havesour photographer and we are scheduled to get engagement photos done in 2 weekends. I got a few quotes from djs but have not booked one yet. Oh and I got my dress! The pastor from the church I grew up in is going to be our officiant. The next thing on my to do list is to call the venue to get measurements on the tables and start looking for linens and decor. I have a theme in mind but haven’t bought any decoartins yet. I feel like I have plenty of time. I was so excited when we first got engaged in May that now I feel like I’m slowing down with the planning.

Post # 20
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I feel behind…we are shooting for an early October wedding and right now we are trying to decide on a venue.  Hopefully we will have that nailed down within a few weeks as well as the church and caterers.  We have our wedding party selected but that’s about it ๐Ÿ™ am I way behind?

Post # 21
72 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
ZooGirl:  I wouldn’t worry too much. I’ve looked at checklists and timelines from The Knot and other such sites (there are tons of them on Pinterest) and the ladies on the Bee tend to always be ahead of the game.  That being said, I would definitely try to get the venues set in the next couple of weeks because a lot of Fall 2015 brides will start booking around now.  

Personally I am Sept 2015 and have booked the venues and the caterer (comes with the reception venue). Right now we are talking to photographers.

Post # 22
1079 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
ZooGirl:  I would definitely try and book a venue asap. I’m getting married on 9/26/15 and out of the 2 venues I considered/wanted 1 was booked for all but like 5 weekends through the YEAR and my other was booked on the original date of 10.3.15 that I had picked. 

We we started calling in April of this year. Finally locked our venue in by the middle of May. Fall is one of the busier seasons/times! 

Post # 23
314 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015 - Contemporary Art Center of Peoria

View original reply
ZooGirl:  Girl, you’re fine. Last month I had nothing done. I got a lot done in a week where the stars happened to align. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 24
13 posts
Newbee

9-12-15 bride here! So far I’ve only been engaged for a month and have my venue, photographer and DJ all set. Dress looking starts in November…I don’t think that one is gonna go so easy.

Post # 25
2105 posts
Buzzing bee

9.18.15. We have our venue for cremony and reception. I have my dress and I have my photographer. I am fairly sure I know what I am doing for my DJ, but haven’t booked it yet.still need to find an officiant and then there are lots of little things to be done. We are doing our engagement pictures in a few weeks, which I am insanely excited about. 

View original reply
ZooGirl:  you’re fine!! I would definitely should try to get your venue booked asap. Ours was already booked for all saturdays in september ove a year out. Once you have that and an official date, its easier for other things to fall into place. I don’t know if you are open to a Friday wedding. That is what we are doing and it opened up a lot more options for venues and vendors, plus a lot of them offer discounted rates. You have time though, and once you get the big things booked things slow down some.

The topic ‘Fall 2015 brides. . .what are you planning now?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors