(Closed) Fall 2016 Brides! How's it coming along?

posted 5 years ago in Beehive
Post # 2
755 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2016

View original reply
gijanedoe:  your theme and colors sound gorgeous!

We are getting married on November 27th, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, in lower Alabama. Late afternoon wedding. Total out of our pockets should be right at $8000, total budget is around $15000 since his parents are covering our restaurant’s buyout minimum so they can invite more people. Initially when we were paying for everything by ourselves our budget was $10k. We will be inviting 120 people, hoping for 100 or less to show.

I am going for a vintage glam holiday party feel (it makes sense in my head lol). I want it to feel like our guests are at a fancy Thanksgiving dinner in my home. We are having a private ceremony at a cottage on the grounds of a local history museum and we are buying out a local restaurant 1 block away for our reception. It’s in a renovated cottage with wood floors, big patio, etc, adding to the cozy feel. Our (very loose) color scheme is grey, gold, blush, wine, and plum. 

Checked off my list:

Dress – $600 from BHLDN

Shoes – $75

Ceremony space – $250

Reception space (includes catering and everything else needed since it’s a restaurant) – $6500 buyout amount covered by his parents, we pay remaining balance on the day of (probably be around $2000)

Photographer – $2300

Invitations – $250 from Shutterfly (FI’s choice)

Videography – FREE, friend in the field doing ceremony only

Officiant – family friend already ordained

Makeup artist – $150 for me, Maid/Matron of Honor, and Mother-In-Law (wish I could talk my mom into at least a little makeup lol)

Flowers – bulk from Costco for very simple centerpiece arrangements & a few big arrangements for ceremony space, Whole Foods for bouqs for me and Maid/Matron of Honor, Etsy for corsages and bouts (not sure on exact prices yet)

Hair – Maid/Matron of Honor (FSIL) and Future Mother-In-Law are both stylists so we’re good

Cake – wedding cake and groom’s cake to be made by Future Mother-In-Law who has done multiple family weddings

Groom outfit – suit already owned, tie and other accessories $50

Music – Bluetooth speakers for ceremony and special dances etc, otherwise just the restaurant’s light jazz

Next on my list : figure out honeymoon plans, reserve chair rentals for ceremony, look at wedding bands, dresses for Maid/Matron of Honor & moms, register, reserve room for night before & night after wedding, reserve hotel block. Plus a ton of random little sh*t that I can’t even seem to keep track of. Honestly it’s all the little details that drive me insane. Like people keep asking me about guest books and favors. I DON’T CARE, y’all! 

Post # 4
246 posts
Helper bee

Hello! We are date twins! I am also getting married on the 8th of October ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Our colors are lilac and gray with a modern minimalist theme, and we have a budget of around $6,000 with a guest list of 50 people.

– church booked (with officiant, decor, soloist, organist) – around $600

– venue booked with buffet + food for vendors and suppliers, bridal car, photobooth, sound system and venue styling – $1,700

– HMUA booked – $400 for me and my entourage

– photographer booked – $700

– dress designer booked – ongoing

– entourage dresses booked – $250 for all 4 dresses

– 2 suites near our church booked – $800 for 2 nights

– DIY invites because I have layout/Photoshop experience – $50 for specialty paper and envelopes

I still need to do a LOT, but I’m trying not to get too overwhelmed and be a bridezilla lol

Post # 5
400 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2016 - Harn Homestead

Hello!! We are MONTH twins!! So far our budget looks to be around 15k maybe a little more, we are unsure about a couple things currently. We have about 150 we plan on attending, but dont have a 100% count just yet, lots of the guest list is out of country on my side. So far we have gotten quotes or signed contracts or bought the following:

Dress – $1360 with alterations (havnt decided if I want to add cups they are $25) Allure Dress

Shoes – $45 toms!

Ceremony/Reception/Rehersal space – $3000

(includes chairs and tables for 200 PLUS 2 day rental so we can preset and decorate a lot)

Photographer – $770

Invitations – $380 plus I sent cookies so add $50 (they printed my whole suite plus thank yous and save the dates/we tied the knot announcement for cost of paper because my dad used to work at the print shop)

Officiant – family friend already ordained, but going to give him and his wife a cute date basket worth about $150

Makeup/Hair – $160 plus tip, so thinking $200 total

Flowers – $1800 but might go up, we are considering getting more bulk flowers so we can have some more arrangements around the reception area

Cake – $500 for 4 tier wedding cake and groom’s cookie bar (still have to buy milk)

Groom outfit – my FIL’s are covering all groom cost, so thats not included in my budget

Music / linens / Open Bar – $1600 this includes all linens I may need, DJ set up in two areas and then open bar all for 6 hours

Food – $1500 for a mexican buffet for about 150 people

DOC – $500

Hotel for Girls and Guys plus ours for that night $ 450

Security – $600 or so, required by our historical venue

Insurance – $150, required by venue 

Vintage rentals so far $1025

Left to do is, decor, cocktail lawn games to be built, buy jewelry/veil/garter, parent gifts, bridal party gifts and price out the cookie favors we are doing. Still also need to do my room block, figure out my moms outfit, decide on a photo booth DIY setup and finalizing the centerpieces and other decor. 

I feel so lost right now in planning, I have no idea what should be done and what needs to be next, I feel so lost in it all!

Post # 7
246 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
gijanedoe:  Oh! Shoot me a message, maybe I can help! I have a bunch of fonts because I do magazine layouts also. ๐Ÿ™‚

The topic ‘Fall 2016 Brides! How's it coming along?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors