Fall 2017 floor sample gown – how much to negotiate?

posted 2 years ago in Dress
Post # 2
934 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I purchased a sample dress, undamaged at 50% of the original pricing. I would also tell them that this is not a spring 2018 dress but a fall 2017 just incase they try and haggle you on that bit, bring back up if needed but be polite when showing them your proof.

Post # 3
558 posts
Busy bee

^ +1. also, show up with physical cash in hand if possible. that is always a big plus when negotiating!

Post # 4
872 posts
Busy bee

I got my sample at 60% off. It was a few seasons old. I would mention cleaning costs and wear and tear. I agree with yaara cash in hand always puts you in a good negotiating position.

Post # 5
2925 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2017

married2mydog :  Is the floor sample actually for sale or are you offering to buy it?

If it is for sale and it needs to be cleaned (which I would do anyway) I start by offering 50% of what they’re selling it for.  I would also provide proof that it’s a Fall 2017 dress.

Post # 7
884 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Church and University

50% seems a little high to ask for since it’s a style that the shop probably just received this summer.  If it’s in good condition and has been in the shop less than a year, my shop would offer 10% off. Just giving you a ballpark of things to consider….good luck!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors