(Closed) Fall 2018 brides…how far along are you?

posted 4 years ago in Logistics
Post # 2
2331 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh LORD. SO and I are planning on September 2018 and aren’t even engaged yet!!! Do you live in a very “wedding-busy” area? 

Post # 3
283 posts
Helper bee

We live in New England, so fall is nuts for weddings. Our date actually wasn’t available at any venue we looked at, so we ended up booking a week later. We now have venue (which includes all rentals and catering), florist, photographer, and DJ booked. I got a little spooked when our first choice photographer wasn’t available and booked alllll the things. The big one I’m nervous about is officiant, but the one we really want doesn’t book more than a year out.

I think we’re done for now. I’ll probably start looking at dresses this summer but until then I’m going to try to relax.

Post # 5
2466 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2018

Hello! I am September 29 2018! I do have a fairly significant amount of things done. I did a lot during my “winter” break from grad school, as that is some of the only down time I have during the year. I work full time, go to grad school part time and have a 2.5 year old so my days are pretty packed..lol. 

In my area, fall weddings book super quick. I booked my venue in January. Other things we have done:

– Venue booked/deposit

– Engagement Shoot booked

– Wedding photographer + second shooter booked

– DJ booked

– Limo booked

– Photo booth booked

– Day of coordinator booked

– Onsite hair & makeup booked for me and BM’s

– Catering deposit put down

– Videographer booked

– Florist deposit down

We also booked a house for Friday-Monday of our wedding weekend so we can have our bridal party all stay with us the night before the wedding and we’re also having the rehearsal dinner there. I booked it for Sunday night too so we don’t have to feel rushed Sunday morning to check out/leave and we can have the day to pack our wedding stuff and relax. We’ll probably leave for our honeymoon Monday or Tuesday. 

I think that’s everything! I wanted to get the big things out of the way now so that my next year isn’t too crazy!

Post # 6
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Hello fellow future brides! 

My wedding is October of 2018. These tasks are what we have checked off so far: 

Venue booked/deposit down 

photographer booked 

color scheme picked 

Groomsmen are picked 

Officiant booked 

As of those, I don’t have anything else set in stone. I wouldn’t worry too much! You still have over a year to figure things out. 

Post # 7
135 posts
Blushing bee

Omg I am planning on marrying Sept 30, 2018 and have done…. NOTHING! lol I just e-mailed a bunch of venues inquiring and will hopefully take a look at them soon. Umm… you are all scaring me lol. I guess I should get planning! 

Post # 9
2466 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
cjm18 :  I am for sure a self proclaimed crazy planner! LOL! I already had my venue picked out years ago so that part was easy 🙂

Post # 10
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

View original reply
cjm18 :  Please don’t say your in cleveland or columbus. I’m planning for fall 2018 and I’ll look at venues for the first time this weekend, I don’t know what we’ll do if things are already booked. 

Post # 11
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

This whole thread just stressed me out! lol Fall 2018 seems so far away but I think I need to start locking things down. 

Post # 12
2466 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
clairhuxtable :  It really depends on your area! I live near a city so dates book super quick here. I booked my venue in January and the couple that toured it after us was 10/6/18 which is the weekend after ours! We were lucky they still had ours open.

Post # 13
718 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2019

View original reply
duchessgummybunns :  lol same. We had actually talked about this fall, but 2017 really snuck up on us! Hoping to be engaged soon, but I think we will be doing Fall 2018. So I am on step one, get the ring…hahaha

Post # 15
283 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
clairhuxtable :  It’s definitely highly dependent on where you are! My FIs cousin got engaged the same time as us, but he’s getting married this Fall whereas we couldn’t find ANYWHERE in Mass for a Saturday in 2017. They are in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

In talking to vendors around here it seems like September and October are their first times to book up. Our venue already had three Saturdays in September booked but was almost completely open for June-August.

The topic ‘Fall 2018 brides…how far along are you?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors