Fall 2020 Brides!

posted 1 year ago in Ceremony
Post # 2
Member
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2020

We want to wait it out as long as we can as who knows where this will take us in 6 months. November 6th wedding over here btw. But I feel you, I have been constantly reading and asking what other couples are doing to get a sense of what we should do. We have worked so hard to save and plan and do things right that I just want the day to be here already! We got engaged in April of 2018 and we planned on a longer engagement to again do things the right way. The last thing I want to do is postpone!

Post # 3
Member
658 posts
Busy bee

Our wedding was supposed to be 25 September (in the UK) and we made the decision to postpone the other day. Our new date is in May 2021.

Like you, we figured weddings may well not be banned by then (they are here at the minute) but the chances of us having the wedding we’d planned were slim to none. Numbers will likely be heavily restricted, some form of social distancing will still be in place, and people will likely feel uncomfortable or weird that they can’t celebrate properly.

Not only that but we have a number of things left to organise that we can’t really do at home in lockdown, and so unless things were peachy by July we weren’t going to have enough time to get everything outstanding finished. 

Our vendors only had a handful of dates next year that they were all available on, so we went for it. If the worst happens and things still aren’t okay by May then we’re going to elope or just have a ceremony with the two of us. 

Good luck bee x

Post # 4
Member
595 posts
Busy bee

yes, I definitely think you have time to make a decision. I also think the projection of the second wave is now for late fall/winter.

I rescheduled my early Apr date to Oct 16. Luckily, I have literally bought everything I need since I cancelled 2 weeks out. However, that puts me in a place where I can’t just be like “whatever let’s elope/ not have a reception” because thousands upon thousands of dollars has gone into the wedding so far.

I am waiting until End of July to make a decision unless something major happens prior. I plan to resched for 2021 if Oct doesn’t work out.

My wedding is small, 50ish, but most guests are traveling and the reception are is not very spread out. My parents are not in great health, so their feelings on traveling will be a big deciding factor (although they say they would be there no matter what. No way Im putting them in that position.)

Post # 5
Member
141 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

I am waiting as long as I can for September. I’m afraid, even if we postpone it, it won’t be what we envisioned. Even if we have it in September, I’m scared some of our guests won’t come. We are only doing a 10 person wedding, but it’s a destination wedding.

Post # 6
Member
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2020

We are October 10!  250 guests, we are goign to confirm in 2 weeks what we want to do (pretty sure it’s a postponement).

I suggest you reach out and see what you can salvage from your vendors–you’ll be surprised how many vendors are willing to make accomodations for the new date.  They are taking losses too this wedding season.  I’ve been in touch with almost all the vendors, and with the exception of 1, everyone is happy to hold the backup date for me at no charge).

We are trying to see if we can still get a license to get married during all this shut down!  The debate is do we do it on our “new date” so it’ll be a 1 year celebration when we can host it, or do we do it on the “original”…10102020 was such an easy date for FH to remember!

Stay positive fellow brides!  I had a few days where I felt disappointed and blue as I was coming to terms with the reality…it’s totally okay, no one else really gets it, but we can support each other!!

Post # 7
Member
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

I am a fall bride!

last week was rough and i was stressing everyday on what to do.. i have days where i am very worried, and days where i feel optimistic. Ultimatley, my fiance and I feel strongly about not postponing unless we absolutly have to, which at this point while still being 6 months out, that is not the case.

Like another bee said, this pandemic escalated all within 2 months, so imagine how different it could be 2 months from now, let alone 5 – 6 months?

Praying and hoping for the best.

Post # 8
Member
30 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@mavericksmom34:  I’m in the same boat. Our wedding was scheduled for October 18th and we cancelled it. This is supposed to be the time that i’m losing weight to look better in my dress and i’m just gaining weight. I know that might sound selfish or dumb but i’ve struggled with an eating disorder my whole life and it’s really important that i’m not at my highest weight ever in my life at my wedding. I want to just elope and cancel the wedding but like someone else said, we’ve already spent like 2k in planning so far so idk what to do. I broke down crying today because I regretted cancelling the venue, but we haven’t cancelled any of the other vendors so we might just keep them and do a backyard wedding. Idk, this pandemic is definitely raining on our parade. 

Post # 9
Member
95 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

View original reply
@slayersavage:  may i ask why you ended up regretting cancelling the venue?

Post # 10
Member
154 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2021

I think it’s too soon to make any decisions.  I was in the beginning of the planning, but put everything on hold.  There is much to consider:  $$, job situation, we may decide to move.  As we’re not having kids (we’re both 40) we’re not in a total rush and our venue was gracious enough to work with us for anytime we decide post October 2020 and will still honor our deposit for 2021.  I’m not sure if getting hysterical in any way is productive.  I know we all have our wedding visions, but be realistic.  Folks are dying every single day.  We’re lucky to be healthy and alive, so prioritize!!

Post # 11
Member
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

Same situation here. 16th October destination wedding for 150 people. My planner is suggesting to cancel till year. My partner doesn’t want to cancel yet and wait till July/August to make a decision but to book another date for next year as a back up and lose the deposit if the wedding goes ahead this year. But the whole will it happen or won’t it is making me cry nearly every day as I’m an inate micro-manager and obviously the uncertainty of everything is driving me insane.

Post # 12
Member
665 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2021

I’m hoping I’ll still be able to have my 50-guest November 28th wedding.  I only have two guests coming from out of town.  I don’t even think my venue would let me postpone yet.  They’re a restaurant and they’re hoping to reopen in a couple weeks if our governor lifts restrictions.  I’ll postpone to next November or December if I have to because I’m set on a Christmas wedding.  I haven’t stressed much because I know it’s out of my control.  I will be sad if we have to wait another year, though.

Post # 13
Member
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2020

October 10 wedding here. Our venue hasn’t even considered telling us to make alternate plans or provisions.  They believe that all will be clear by then.  We have made a plan B, plan C and so on. Just don’t know what to expect at this point, so I’m going to continue to plan as normal. Our guest list is around 200 people so I’m expecting to at least have to cut that down.  I really don’t know what’s going to happen by October, so I’m waiting as long as possible to make any major decisions. 

Post # 14
Member
30 posts
Newbee

View original reply
@augstbabie78:  It’s just so beautiful, and i’m sad we have to cut 50 people from our guest list that we already sent std’s to. We were planning our dream wedding that we could not afford, and I was moping at the idea of giving it up. Today I am excited for our intimate backyard wedding and eloping. I am kind of shy/anxiety with a lot of eyes looking at me so perhaps it is for the best. 

Post # 15
Member
62 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

Just to update on my personal situation. To summarise, we’re based in the UK and we’re having a wedding abroad in Europe. At present, our wedding is still going forward for this October, and yesterday the governments is allowing flights and has removed quarantine both going and returning. I’ve not cut down number of people at the moment as I am basing my prediction on what is going on in Italy, basically just going forward as though it is normal planning but every day is basically just me reading the news, and our friends and family doing the same.

Some friends from abroad will not be able to attend, and other have also told me that they won’t be joining. And, although I was in tears about it 2 months ago. I’ve accepted this is part of our adventure together, as unless things change in which case we will need to reschedule, we’re going forward. I know some people, particularly the American Bees’s may not agree with this. But I wanted to put a more positive message out there for the #pandemicbrides , some weddings are happening at the moment, stay informed, know what laws are in your area, be open minded if guests pull out and take each day as it comes!!! Good luck to all my fellow autumn 2020 bees #pandemicbrides

Leave a comment


Find Amazing Vendors