- 1 year ago
- Wedding: October 2020 - Finger Lakes, NY
Chiming in as a fellow fall 2020 bride… hopeful, anyway. It’s been a while since I was around because we had to postpone our wedding that we were going to have last fall and were all set up to have it Halloween of this year.
We’re in NY where things are going pretty well at the moment, so we’re trying to think positively and move forward. The problem is all but one of his cousins could easily make it if we said “local/driving distance only.” On my side? I might have three guests and I would have zero family. My entire family and most of my friends are spread to the wind and always have been.
So we’re hoping. We don’t want to have to postpone again because we’re already approaching two years engaged and with covid, postponing would pretty much mean no end in sight, especially if we couldn’t go somewhere far away from both families and elope. Eloping locally would start a ****storm with his family for not being invited and neither of us thinks that’s a good way to start our marriage. Eloping somewhere more remote would piss both off, but they’d understand why we did it where neither family could attend.
All our vendors are currently wanting to move forward, so I guess we’ll see.