Fall 2020 Brides

posted 3 months ago in Engagement
Post # 2
75 posts
Worker bee

Also looking into October 2020 but just need to nail down the date and make sure we can get ceremony location and reception location on same day 🙂

I’ve commissioned and paid for a custom gown to be made and am currently looking for my bridal shoes so I can go get my measurements taken while wearing them. Other than that, I’ll be looking out for clearance “true touch”/“true feel” flowers this year once the fall flowers are out of season. Trying to do most things as DIY as possible with this much time to plan. I’m thinking of also painting a watercolor of my save the dates and invitations and testing them out on different papers with a local print shop and pricing out the cost 

Post # 3
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2020 - City, State

We are Sept 2020 and I’m beyond excited! I keep asking Fiance to elope because I don’t want to wait lol.

so far we have booked our venue and paid the deposit, paid for 2/3 of my custom designed dress, and paid the catering deposit today!

we have solidified that my cousin will officiate, his friend who is a DJ will do our reception, and we have my hair and makeup artists decided on!

Im kind of Type A lol it can’t be helped 🙂 We have actually done quite a bit, now it’s just time to book everything. We live in an area where things book out 2+ years in advance so I’m not totally crazy! 

Post # 4
792 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2020 - Hampton, VA

I’m not sure if August 2020 counts… lol its technically still summer. But I wanna join in.

We got engaged in October of 2018.

In Feb this year I booked our venue, in March bought my dress and booked a planner, decorator, caterer, servers & bartenders, picked table settings and flowers for ceremony and reception (still have tweaking to do), chose our plates for dinner, built the website (still not finished), booked a photographer (our engagement shoot is Aug 11)…

Still need to book a DJ, pick an officiant, choose save the dates and invitation style and company, finalize our guest list, choose wine and beer (not having liquor), get dress in and altered, help mom choose her dress, get my daughter a dress and necklace for ceremony (we are walking down the aisle together), and all the little details I will want to add in.

Theres so much to do and I want it done as early as possible.  I’m also making my own cascading bouquet with silk flowers. I’ll make one for my daughter as well. We arent having a bridal party but will have guests of honor (my BFF and his).

What are your colors? We are doing a simple ivory/cream, greenery, blush and glittery gold as our accent. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors