FALL/WINTER 2021 INFERTILITY

posted 3 months ago in TTC
Post # 256
2909 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  no trigger for a hrt fet!  Although my estrogen did drop, which I expected.  Already took my estrogen shot, pio starts tomorrow morning!

Post # 257
650 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
@anev:  I don’t chart and I’m kicking myself for it. (I always have clear ovulation signs until now so never felt like I needed it). My clinic also doesn’t check progesterone after iui so I guess I won’t know if I ovulated or not unless I get pregnant.

im sorry your lining didnt thicken further but 7.4 is within normal range I think? Good luck with the pio shots!

Post # 258
2909 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@lucyinsky:  bummer, are you on progesterone?  (Sorry I’ve never done an iui, I’m sure the protocols vary but I’m pretty sure my clinic Rx progesterone during iui but not 100%).  For lining… 8-14mm is considered “normal”, mine typically was 3-5mm, so yes… we have improved quite a bit.  However, my estrogen dropped and the majority of my measurements taken today were 6.5-6.8, with one “generous” measurement 7.4.  When we got to 7.0 mm the first time we transferred and it was bfn, and my son was from 7.8 mm transfer.  Either way I understand that it’s like splitting hairs and I’m trying to be optimistic…

(also I will add that infertility due to thin lining is really quite rare, like 1-2% of infertility cases… and that would be defined as unable to reach 7mm)

Post # 259
650 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@anev:  I am not on progesterone… I diagnosed myself with luteal phase issues and had gotten my Ob to prescribe it previously and had been on it for 5 months (unsuccessfully), but my RE wanted to try without it. His thought was the letrozole would lead to a stronger ovulation where I wouldn’t need it.

Post # 260
3888 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@anev:  fingers crossed for Friday!!!

As for me, I am doing another retrieval at the end of December. On growth hormone for a month+ first. Fourth retrieval, 1.5 years after we started IVF. I just saw on Facebook of all places that my clinic is suspending retrieval cycles for 3 weeks in December, so I’m taking birth control so I can time it correctly. So I’ll need to do my baseline exam while visiting family in Santa Fe for the holidays. There’s always something….. 

Post # 261
650 posts
Busy bee

Y’all this is crazy but I’m almost certain the trigger failed. I had negative opks for the 3 days following it and now, close to when I usually ovulate, the opks are starting to darken and I’m getting Cm. I assume I can’t ovulate twice so what else could this mean? Should I call the clinic and beg for a progesterone test to confirm/ deny ovulation and have more info? I think I will actually ovulate in 2 days.

Post # 262
650 posts
Busy bee

Is progesterone testing the primary way to confirm ovulation (outside US)? I got my clinic to give me a progesterone test since I am worried. It came back 4.4 which seems kinda low to me but they assured me everything ia great and I ovulated.

Post # 263
2909 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@lucyinsky:  progesterone is the only way to confirm ovulation, my clinic wants P >10, 7 days after ovulation to confirm.  I’m really perplexed as to why they would have tested it already for you..,: it should be “rising” at this stage, but I wouldn’t expect it to be high yet.  Looks like you’ll probably have to chart next cycle if you are concerned about not ovulating, the temp rise is reassuring when you see it at least

Post # 264
650 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@anev:  I kind of insisted on it which in retrospect was kind of stupid since it doesn’t seem there are benchmarks for dpo3.

Post # 265
2909 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  hopefully the GH does the trick for egg quality 🤞.  Is it a huge hassle to have your baseline away?  My clinic closes for about 10 days over the holidays, I think their last scheduled procedure is the 15th, but they also give themselves a week of wiggle room in case anyone needs to be pushed back.  It’s very quiet around there though (and on here too!).  I can understand people not wanting to do transfers right before the holidays.

im almost 48 hours before my fet, and of course starting to feel the dread of it not working.  I’m glad we did the injectable estrogen, but it was only one dose so of course I’m feeling like it’s just not enough.  Our plans if this fet doesn’t work is to have a normal cycle dec, then try our last embryo in Jan.  I’ll be back to work in Feb, so really really really trying to get pregnant before then. 

also I bought cheapies to test this time. 

Post # 266
3888 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@anev:  My clinic has the setup where we travel only for procedures and do remote monitoring at home, so it wouldn’t bee *too* much hassle….  I would need to find a clinic at our destination that is willing and capable of doing all this, though.  In the meantime, i’ve had a work trip come up for early January that I’m interested in doing, so I’m going to push everything back a week or two.  That way I don’t have to deal with monitoring while traveling. I’m on birth control now (which I hate doing because it’s a wasted cycle! but oh well) so I can time things how I want.

Fingers crossed for your transfer! Are you going to test at home?  What day?  Always curious how other people approach it.  Pros and cons to every plan!

Post # 267
2909 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  oh that definitely sounds better to do the work trip and not have to worry about satellite visits and everything over Christmas!  When do you start GH?  Is GH expensive?  

as for testing, I’ll probably start at 4dpt…. my first fet I tested with a FRER at 7dpt and it was negative (beta was 0), my second fet I didn’t test until after the beta.  So I’ll use cheapies this time and I’m sort of terrified, but at the same time I have virtually no distractions to keep me from testing (versus before I was busy with work and it was summer time).  

Post # 268
2909 posts
Sugar bee

so officially pupo.  Transfer was smooth, I had a 4BB and 3BB left and they used the 3BB today because apparently it looked better.  Beta is Dec 8th, lovenox starts tonight. 

Post # 269
34 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2020

@anev GOOD LUCK!!! Fingers and toes crossed for you. Glad the procedure went well. 

Post # 270
78 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@anev:  Good luck!!! Sending you all the happy thoughts and positive vibes. Glad everything went smoothly for you. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors