• Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@anev:  fingers crossed for you ❤️

Post # 273
2993 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

It’s so quiet around here!!

How is everyone doing?  I’m 3dpt and in agony symptom spotting and losing my sanity.

Post # 275
748 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

It’s dpo 11 of the longest tww of my life over here and I am just waiting for AF to start as I am almost certain my iui did not work. Thank goodness for cheapies or I would be totally broke. I can’t believe I am staring down the barrel of IvF in two months. 

Post # 276
112 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@anev:  I can’t imagine the amount of symptom spotting I’ll have after transfer. Fingers crossed the time goes quickly for you, and you get the best news soon.

View original reply
@latebloomerbee78:  Just sitting around waiting is SO hard. Glad AF finally came so you can keep moving forward.

View original reply
@lucyinsky: I’m so sorry you think the IUI didn’t work. I know that has to be so disappointing. I am starting IVF in January, so if that’s what you end up doing, at least we will be in it together. I really hope you don’t have to though.

No big news to report here. My husband has a follow up appointment with the urologist this week (he is on clomid for severe male factor infertility). My RE is waiting for those results to guide our IVF plan since he has to know what sperm numbers we’re working with. We are hoping there is enough sperm to not need TESA (?), where they extract sperm directly from the testicles. But at this point, nothing really surprises us. 🙂

Post # 277
1848 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

AF was three days late for me so my hopes skyrocketed. But I’m not pregnant. I tried to schedule a day 3 ultrasound for tomorrow and got a call today that all my bills need to be paid in full from last month. I haven’t even received any paper bills yet!! They told me the total…$3100. If it’s not paid in full I can’t move forward with any more IUIs, not even if it’s on a payment plan. I’m crushed. She asked why I thought it would be otherwise and realized that no one went over their payment policy with me when I first started seeing them, so no wonder I was confused about billing. But it’s too late now. 

we are going to talk tonight and decide what we want to do. I don’t know where to go from here. Clearly we can’t go on using our own finances, this is too expensive. So we need a loan of some sort? We have to decide if we want to keep doing IUIs or if we want to pursue the embryo adoption, or do IVF through CNY maybe? We chsnge to a new health insurance in jan that has a $1500 deductible and covers $7k of IUI so I don’t know. How do you decide what to do financially? I’m just so heartbroken. I feel like I will never get pregnant 

Post # 278
2993 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@latebloomerbee78:  yes the second half of November took forever to pass!  Hopefully your spotting brings on CD1 quickly and you can start your next cycle!  Hopefully a cycle off lets you reset and have a good round!

And yes, I pretty much have the office on steady lol and I watched it in the TWW for my son too!  And yes, symptom spotting is brutal – I know my progesterone levels were 93 the day of transfer.  My clinic checks estrogen and progesterone at 7dpt, which is scheduled for Friday.

View original reply
@lucyinsky:  have you tested or do they schedule a beta?

View original reply
@mrsmcho:  thanks, hopefully your husbands appointment goes well and he doesn’t need the TESE procedure 🤞.  If he has a decent sample will they plan to freeze it as a backup just in case?

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  my clinic requires you to pre-pay for all the services (no insurance coverage here), they will not schedule without payment in full.  Definitely wait for your new insurance coverage if you plan to proceed with iui, but for us I figured the cost of 3-4 iui cycles was essentially the cost of an ivf cycle so we skipped iui and did ivf (and my issue was identified later and iui wouldn’t have worked for us anyway).  If you own your own home I have heard of people doing equity loans for IVF also.

Post # 279
748 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  no personal experience with this but I have heard of people winning free rounds of Ivf through sweepstakes, and getting costs covered through grants. I would explore these alternate options!

other ideas: equity loan, 401k loan 

if I had 7k coverage for iui and no coverage for Ivf and a reasonable prognosis for iui I would use up the 7k first.

Post # 280
Hostess
9779 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2014 - Chicago, IL

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  Ugh this is so heartbreaking. I’m sorry to hear about it. I’d probably wait until the next year for your new deductible to kick in and go from there. Probably not what you want to hear. Sending you lots of hugs and good thoughts.

AF finally is starting for me, I’m like D-1 with just spotting. This was after my cycle of Provera. The plan is that I’ll get more blood drawn on D3 and start letrozole. So this will be our first fully medicated cycle. DH finally scheduled his SA and it’s for Thursday. Hopefully that comes back normal and we can proceed as planned.

Post # 281
748 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@anev:  they won’t do a beta until 15 days after iui if I haven’t gotten my period. But, it’s 12 dpo and bfn. I have a feeling AF will be here tomorrow.

Post # 282
2993 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@DrAtkins:  fingers crossed for a normal SA!  Are you doing letrozole this cycle?  Monitored or unmonitored?

View original reply
@lucyinsky:  bummer for the long wait 🙁

afm, bfn this am at 5dpt.  I know it’s still early, but it’s a total mind fuck since I’m experiencing some symptoms that I’ve only ever experienced with pregnancy (ezcema on my hands – crazy itchy, ligament pain when I sneezed last night which I know it’s way too early for), on top of all the other vague progesterone signs.  We struggled so much to conceive our first, I was really hoping for a simple straight forward transfer and early bfp 😬

Post # 283
112 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@Equine_Breeder:  I am really sorry. It all feels so unfair and incredibly frustrating. I don’t have any IUI experience, but my clinic requires IVF cycles to be paid in full before beginning. If it were me, I think I’d do the amount of IUIs that my insurance covers if there was a chance it could be successful. Hugs. 

View original reply
@DrAtkins: I hope your husband’s analysis results come back great!!! Keep us posted. 

View original reply
@anev: That definitely sounds like a mind fuck, ugh. But those symptoms sound promising! Crossing my fingers so hard for you. You deserve for this transfer to be “easy.” As far as my husband’s follow up appointment tomorrow, I’m not sure if they’re repeating the semen analysis or just doing blood work. My husband thinks they’re just doing blood work to see if they need to adjust his clomid dosage? That is a great question to ask though about freezing samples if they’re decent. 

I’m pretty sure I ovulated yesterday (EWCM for 6 days, positive OPK, temp starting to go up today, etc.). I know it’s WAY too early for my husband’s clomid to have made a difference yet since he’s only been on it about a month and a half. It’d be a miracle for me to get pregnant, but a girl can dream right? Figured we’d give it one last solid try before diving into IVF next month. *sigh*

Post # 284
112 posts
Blushing bee

Also, I just got my genetic carrier screening results back and am a carrier for three genetic mutations. One is a rare and causes a progressive/fatal disorder, so that has scared me a bit. My husband would have to be a carrier, too, so I’m hoping he’s not. If he is, would they be able to detect that when we have our embryos genetically tested (assuming we have embryos to test)?

Post # 285
3936 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@mrsmcho:  no, they wouldn’t detect those conditions with standard genetic testing. You need to do a specialized (and very expensive) test on each embryo to test for a specific condition like that. So I HIGHLY recommend you do the same testing on your husband. Chances are he won’t be a carrier, but you want to find out for sure. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors