(Closed) Fallin for you Baby – Fall Babies 2012

posted 10 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 477
670 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I am bad for deciding to crave what I see…where ever I go. It’s bad!!!

NO idea what I feel like we’re having, I think I switch every day between either sex and day dream about either just as joyfully, LOL. We are going to find out though, I’m too practical to not find out, need to just know! Buuuut we have a long way to go for that πŸ™‚

I posted in October, but my IPS ultrasound is booked, March 29th. I had a haul of bloodwork done today, and will just continue to let time go by and hope everything is ok.

DH made breakfast for dinner…..SO yummy.

Post # 478
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Welcome to the new mommies-to-be!

I totally crave what I see on TV… I’m like “Mmmmm I could SO go for egg rolls right now!” lol. It’s getting easier now that I can actually have what I’m craving, because the craving subsides (usually) after I have it that once. Poor DH. He runs out to all different places trying to accomodate my cravings! lol

I have a feeling that I’m having a boy and a girl – one of each. I think baby A is a girl and baby B is the boy. I find out in 2.5 weeks if I’m right! DH has no “inkling”… he’s hoping for all blue. I know if we end up with all pink, we’re in trouble, especially if they’re strong-willed like their mama! πŸ™‚

My Father-In-Law called me tonight to ask this exactly – “So I know you can’t really get it down to a science, but when do you think the babies will come?” I told him that I won’t be allowed to go past 38 weeks (second week of August) but really the whole month of July will be iffy as well since they’re going to be super careful about pre-term labor with me! My in-laws are going away for nearly 3 weeks this summer and are planning on going for the month of July. It’s not really earth-shattering to me if they’re in the vicinity or not when I’m in labor or having a C-section. I don’t plan on having any one else in the delivery room except DH and maybe my best friend but that’s it, so everyone else will be in the waiting room/at work/at home while waiting to hear the good news. I told Father-In-Law that he and Mother-In-Law have to decide what they’d want to do if the babies come while they’re away – if they’d want to fly back or just wait it out until they get home. *shrugs* Is it bad that I’m not really concerned either way? Don’t get me wrong – I really love my in-laws. I’m just kind of meh about it lol

Anyone else been reading the Spring Babies birth stories coming out now?? It makes it so much more real to me! I’m like OMG I’m going to be writing one of those in 5-6 months!! WTF lol. It’s strange what makes me realize that this is actually happening… I think it’ll really sink in when I know for sure that I’m feeling them move and it’s not just gas haha.

Post # 479
613 posts
Busy bee

Ghostie pages!!

Post # 480
1197 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@Jenn23:  

View original reply
@Running Elley:  you guys are scaring me! Mine are at 14.8 (or were at 5w) which my doctor said was perfect for how long i  was (3 weeks ago). But then again to get me to 14.8 I had to use suppositories and I am still on them so maybe my levels are higher now? EEEkkk…I was much lower than 20 though. 

Post # 481
1197 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@shimmerofheaven:  ghost pages were preventing me from seeing your post earlier! But as far as your ILs go…I wouldnt care either. I love mine but I think i’ll be waaaayyy too busy AND OVERJOYED with baby that I won’t care if they’re there or not (they will be). I would care about my mom and not even my dad honestly….I know that sounds bad but I really think…‘hey, babies come when they want…and i’ll look like a train wreck anyways’ so i’m not too concerned with who makes it and who doesnt…(as long as they are there within the WEEK of delivery) then I don’t care if they come the day of or not …or within 5 days of…

Post # 482
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Running Elley:  thanks!! I am so happy to be here and see some familiar faces πŸ™‚ good to know re: the progesterone, I knew you would be able to give some input! I read your update on your progesterone and how high it has gotten, yay!! How are you feeling? Your ultrasound is tomorrow right?! I am literally counting down the days until mine…..

Post # 484
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@shimmerofheaven:  My inlaws are going on a huge vacation, currently scheduled to begin about two weeks after my due date. Originally, they were concerned (“What if the baby is late?”) I told them that the baby will still be there when they get home, and that I wasn’t going to have anyone ruin their vacation. πŸ™‚

Post # 485
613 posts
Busy bee

@Miss Root:  Exactly! Originally they were like “No! We’ll cancel the vacation!” I told them not to be silly. Our lives will be changing dramatically – no reason to cancel your plans! They’ll still be there when you get back!

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  
View original reply
@PennyLainne:  I kind of dread delivery day for reasons that don’t even involve the pain of delivery/c-section or the babies… My mom is the master at manipulation and causing drama and has proven time and time again that she will not put her feelings aside for mine. She caused drama at my bridal shower and my wedding, and even though I am anticipating the same thing to happen for my baby shower and the delivery, I just don’t want to deal with it!

Long story short, my dad made some poor choices in his relationship and left my mom when I was 3… he married the woman that he left her for, who is now my stepmom. 23 years later, my mom is still hugely resentful and won’t move past what happened 23 years ago. My stepmom (and my dad), on the other hand, is super supportive and we have a great relationship. PLUS she adopted 4 month old twins since she couldn’t have her own kids, so she is the master at managing twin babies in our family! I get that my mom was hurt so long ago, but it’s also been 23 years and her outward ranting and resentment make me uncomfortable. My mom even said that my stepmom doesn’t deserve the grandma title recently – and I told her to knock it off and that I don’t want to talk about it again. I know that it sounds rude of me, but she’s already trying to divide my little family and I won’t have it. πŸ™ My therapist says it’s the mama bear instinct that I have already, but I do dread delivery day and the post-partum period. /end rant

Good luck all those who have appointments today!! I can’t wait to see new ultrasound pics up here soon!! πŸ™‚

Post # 486
921 posts
Busy bee

@shimmerofheaven:  Since you’ll be delivering in August or July you should really come over to the summer babies thread πŸ˜‰  We are lacking in active members!  On a more serious note, I’m so glad everything is developing well for you, I still can’t over the fact that you’re having twins, eek!

Post # 487
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Welcome to all the new mamas!

My M/S is in full swing. I’ve been feeling nauseous on and off through out the day. This morning I actually threw up my breakfast. πŸ™ I’m going to have to figure out what works for me to keep food down. I have my first U/S tomorrow morning. I can’t wait!

Post # 488
670 posts
Busy bee

Shimmer, I don’t have an exact family story to yours, but I have a pretty broken family and only recently did I really think of how many potential “grandparents” (and great grandparents) there are in our someday kids family.

Has anyone had to deal with this?

I have never called anyone “Dad”, but consider my current stepfather (I say current, because I had another one before him) the “top” of the potential grandfather foodchain on my side. My biological father has come in and out of my life and only after my wedding talked to me and really apologized for how not there he was. I think up until my Mom’s unreal amazing speech at my wedding about how it took a village to raise me (she had me at 17 and I didn’t know he existed until I was 6) did he think he really missed anything, and that speech/day really made him realize he needs to stop putting “Dad” pressure on me -now only if his wife would figure that out too. My inbetween him and current stepfather father figure adopted me and was one of the best and worst things to happen in my life -I won’t get into those details, his wife is out of the picture because she is batshit crazy, I didn’t even invite her to my wedding and he came without her, LOL.

Like…..I know it sounds crazy, but my broken family history doesn’t need to become my future kids problem. I want my Mom and my current stepfather to be grandparents and of course DH’s parents too. What do you do beyond that? Like…..I deal with having……multiple sets of grandparents (I don’t even want to count, LOL) but I don’t want that for my future kids. I want them to have one on either side, and that’s it…..but is that even possible? Obviously feelings will be hurt, but frig….roles weren’t played for me, and of course maybe they will want to “try again” on my kids, and I would never ever “keep” future kids from them…..but how does this all work? Anyone with experience? Just like they attended our wedding, as any regular guest would with no additional “family” role, you know? I don’t ever want it to seem like I am “punishing” them for their lack of role, but I just want there to be a sense of normal family for my future kids, like I craved every.single.day. as a kid.

And that’s my sharing for the day….LOL. I went to a LOT of counselling for my “Daddy issues” growing up. I no longer have any resentment, everything played out the way it did and made me who I am today! My Mom played the role of Mom & Dad and I am so, so lucky to have her in my life.

Post # 489
3786 posts
Honey bee

Oh, I meant to ask you ladies. Have any of you had any mucus-y discharge? This is so gross but I have for the past 2 days and it’s really odd. I’m 7w3d. It isn’t spotting, it’s just more than normal and gooey? I read somewhere that our mucus plug forms this week, could that be part of it? I’m really interested to hear if any of you further aong ladies dealt/are dealing with this too.

Sorry for upping the disgusting factor over here πŸ˜‰

Post # 490
2863 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@Running Elley:  I’ve had a LOT of weird, heavier than normal, mucusy discharge. I think it probably started around 7 weeks, and hasn’t really stopped (I’m at 17 wks now). It’s not every day…some days I have little or no discharge, and some days it’s heavy and almost EWCM. Our midwife told me not to worry about it at all, unless it’s the texture of cottage cheese and/or has a foul smell, because that’s more likely to be the result of an infection. She also recommended wearing panty liners to protect my panties. 

(I see your disgusting factor, and raise you even grosser πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Fallin for you Baby – Fall Babies 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors