(Closed) Fallin for you Baby – Fall Babies 2012 Part Deux (2)

posted 9 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 213
158 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@IslandLove07:  Yay! First ultrasounds are the best.

View original reply
@Beebug: I’m so glad your appointment went well!

I agree with Elley that PennyLainne would want us to be excited and happy for our good news. She was the most excited new mom to be, and I’m sure she’s rooting for every single one of us. It is hard feeling guilty for having happy things in our lives during this difficult time, but life is filled with both tragedy and triumph. It’s natural. I miss her, and I think we can honor her with our happiness and kind acts.

Post # 214
1433 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

View original reply
@yellowbird:  I know she IS WITH her baby anyways:) So I feel O.K about that, gives me settlement. So, I think we can share our good news without guilt as she wouldn’t want us to be sad anyways. We’ll never forget her throughout this journey,though! 

Post # 215
799 posts
Busy bee

You’re all very right. Does heaven have high speed internet, or dial up? She would want us to post so she can know what’s going on. Sorry for the sly joke there……I saw the opportunity and went for it.

I hope everyone had good weekend’s, we are about to go to my parents house to tell them! We called DH’s family (across country) this morning and told them, and it was so nerve racking, but of course well received and fun. Our planned Easter timeline (as 13 weeks) is failing, with me showing a little bit, and of course Friday’s good news, we have decided…..what’s two weeks sooner! If something were to happen at this point, I would totally want their support.

Thought about Krysti lots this weekend, and her family as well.

I have my 2nd prenatal Wednesday, IPS ultrasound Thursday.

Post # 216
1356 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@Beebug:  yay, glad the news went well! let us know how your parents take it!

Post # 217
799 posts
Busy bee

What a fun afternoon evening, that was really, really cool getting to tell them πŸ™‚

DH bugged me the whole way there, asking me how I was going to tell them, I had no idea and had gone completely blank with all my fun ideas for how nervous I was earlier in the day when Dh told his fam over the phone. We were there at least an hour, and I had no idea when the right moment was. Finally I got DH to pass me the u/s pics and I left it on the cookie sheet (Mom was baking cookies) and she had stepped out of the kitchen for a moment. I just sort of left it there, and went and sat on the couch with DH (open concept/small house, we could see the kitchen from where we were) and we waited for her eyes to see it, it to process and she looked and said “are you guys expecting?”. Of course she started to smile and cry and my step dad (oh so typical!!!) “yah….you couldn’t tell with the way she’s been acting lately” and then dropped examples of all the times I apparently gave it away…..he doesn’t miss a thing. Mom was TOTALLY shocked and so, so excited. My sister ended up coming home for like 5 minutes and I asked her if she wanted to be an Aunt. She is 18 and a bit of a wild one, it took her a moment to clue in to the question and she was pretty excited, but then carried on and left!

Mom asked lots of questions, said she needs a bigger car now (LOL) and my step dad said we need to buy a bigger cottage now…..I love their thinking, so crazy :p My Mom was like “are you sure I can’t tell anyone yet” hahaha NO! Funny I didn’t think she’d be like that, she was so giddy it was pretty cool!

I am glad we did it when we did, everything went so perfectly telling both sets of parents today! Will have to think about the two other father figures soon, and onto Grandparents, and Great Grandparent too!

Post # 218
1479 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
@Beebug:  How cute is your stepdad? I love that he totally knew you were pregnant and that your mom was completely surprised.

Four more days until our anatomy scan and the big gender reveal on Friday! I went maternity clothes shopping with my mom this weekend, and also stopped into Land of Nod. OMG, they have the more adorable crib sheets I’ve ever seen in my life! I can’t wait until we find out what we’re having so I can start planning the nursery!

Has anyone else gone maternity clothes shopping with the fake bump in the stores? It was absolutely hysterical seeing what I’ll be looking like in a just a few months. I couldn’t stop laughing! I don’t have much bump to show for anything yet, so I couldn’t reisist texting a photo to my husband. His response- “What IS that?!?!” Hilarious!

Post # 219
5976 posts
Bee Keeper

View original reply
@Beebug:  So glad that telling your family was so fun! Why is it that right before you go and tell someone, you’re nervous as all heck? Like they aren’t going to be totally thrilled for you?!? I’m the same way! My heart pounds right before I tell anyone! It’s craziness! 

I was thinking of PL all weekend long and hoping her family is finding some peace during this horrible time. 

And I was so caught up in the news that I forgot to update on my appointment! It went really well. We heard the heartbeat again…around 150-152. Nice and strong. Our first round of genetic testing came back totally normal. My NT scan measurement was right at normal, and my blood work all came back great. So now I just have the second blood test on the 13th, and I should be good to go! 

We started telling a ton of people now. Pretty much anyone we see hehe. I told everyone at work b/c it’s starting to get a bit too difficult to hide. My husband called his nana yesterday and told her. She was so excited, she didn’t know what to do with herself. It will be her first great grandchild (she’s 94) and kept saying that she needed to eat more now that she had something to look forward to besides doctor’s appointments. She’s so sweet. My husband is just waiting until the end of the week to mention anything at his work. He just wants to be sure we’re officially in the second trimester. That will be Thursday. He works with all of my siblings though, so he at least has someone to talk to about it if he gets the itch :o) 

Hope you’re all doing well. Just catching up on all your posts and glad that there is good news all around. PL would be so excited for all of us!

Post # 220
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
@2PeasinaPod:  Yay! I’m so glad it went well!!! πŸ™‚

I just had my sequential screening (I’m 12 weeks today!!) and it was amazing! Baby P was moving all over the place, waving his/her arms and bouncing around. So cute! The tech said the measurement of the neck area (forget the name) was totally normal. It needs to be under a 3 and my highest of three counts was a 1.7. So hopefully, everything is just fine (no Down’s). We’ll get the actual results in about a week she said. But Baby P’s size and heartbeat were great again, so I think all is well. πŸ™‚  We’re making our facebook announcement today! Yay! Here’s a pic of Baby P’s head (it’s a close-up). I love his/her nose! πŸ™‚

Post # 221
1433 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

So awesome to hear everyone’s updates!! And mrs.Root: that bump story is hilarious!

We get to tell people on April 17th the minute I was walk out of my 14w2d appointment. I am going to text some out of town friends and then call some relatives. The news should spread itself prettp rapidly after that. My internship ends 1st week of April so I won’t even tell them nor do I care to (i’ll never see them again).

We decided we’re having a gender reveal party too! We’re getting a cake and asking the bakery to flavor it according to the gender-then we’ll cut it at the party. My mom is pretty darn excited about this.

And then we’re sending cookies and cupcakes to DH’s work so he can tell them there and the cookies/cupcakes will either be pink&purple or blue&green πŸ™‚

Things seem to be going fast! The thing I was MOST EXCITED ABOUT: Morning sickness going away. Ugh can’t wait….can’t wait….

Post # 222
799 posts
Busy bee

I had an awful morning today. DH and I went to be before 10 last night, and when I got up about 7 (weird I didn’t get up sooner to pee, but I think it was because I felt so awful). I walked the dog, ate some cereal. Promptly threw up the cereal, and crawled back into bed for another 2 hours. Just exhausted. I got up and sat on work email for a bit, and have now gotten myself to the office, I am better now, but still feel crazily exhausted and today was the first day I really didn’t want to eat anything, but forced myself to, then puked, and it was very counter productive, I knew I needed to eat to feel better….not today apparently.

View original reply
@Jenn23:  Yay Baby P! So exciting!

I think we may stay on team green! I am leaning towards not finding out more and more!! My Mom totally doesn’t think I can not find out, but seriously I was pro finding out right away, and now I have myself hooked on the “it’s a …….” at delivery time.

Post # 223
391 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

View original reply
@2PeasinaPod:  Great to hear everything at your appointment went so well!

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  I mentioned to my mom about a gender reveal party and she made a weird face. She asked if it was something to get more gifts. I told her no, but I think she still thinks it’s weird. Probably won’t do one. But that’s so awesome your mom is on board!

I am so exhausted today. Went to bed around 9, but was having restless sleep all night. I woke up at 4 am to this disgusting smell. I asked DH if he was farting, but it wasn’t coming from him. He went to go check on the dog and she had pooped all over her crate. Poor thing. Of course when we let her out she tracked crap all over the floor from the crate to the back door. We spent an hour cleaning and disinfecting. By that time we just stayed up b/c our alarms were going off at 5:30 anyways. πŸ™ Fun night.

Post # 224
5496 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  Love your gender reveal cake party idea! (I’m team green, though) If I wasn’t, I’d be all over that!! Sounds awesome. And your April 17th date is a great date. πŸ™‚

View original reply
@taders:  We’ve had those nights. My dog threw up in like 5 places in the middle of the night all over our bedroom a few months back. Nothing like cleaning that up in the middle of the night! Sorry about your poor dog and your lack of sleep! I hope you get a good sleep tonight!

View original reply
@Beebug:  I’m going to hold strong (team green) somehow!!! My DH and I are determined not to find out, but I know it will be hard. πŸ™‚

Post # 225
5571 posts
Bee Keeper

Ugh I’m sorry for everyone who is feeling blah today!

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  Love the gender reveal party idea!!

We’ll probably do a gender reveal party too but only with our immediate families and really close friends. I can’t wait!

Post # 227
799 posts
Busy bee

I love my sister. She is a wacko, but calls me last night and says “Mom and I were looking at Grandma names online, and then I thought…..you don’t even like babies, why are you having one?”

I was in hysterics laughing, she was so honest about the question and honestly I am the one who is nevvvver in a rush to hold babies. Kids? Give me 18!! Babies? Uhhh! They have always scared me. Don’t get me wrong, when I am in a care situation (babysitting when I was younger) I have had many newborns and do perfectly fine, recently I have been totally forcing myself to hold them. They just seem SO fragile and I know I will love one to bits and be totally fine, but the way my sister asked the question it was just way too funny. I have always said if I could give birth to three year olds I would be ok….LOL. So yes, I feel awful admitting this, but had to share because my sister was way too funny asking last night.

The topic ‘Fallin for you Baby – Fall Babies 2012 Part Deux (2)’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors