• poll: What are you having?

Boy

Girl

Team Green

• Post # 242
    210 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Ha ha, you ladies won’t believe what someone said to me today. I was helping out at my husband’s work and someone I’d met ONCE before and who doesn’t know I’m pregnant, said: “Oh I didn’t recognise you, you were so skinny before and now you’re (pulling at her cheeks) chubbier.” Ha ha ha! OMG who says something like that! My husband didn’t want me to tell her I’m pregnant as he hasn’t announced it yet so I just had to laugh. Later when I stood up she asked if I was pregnant and I just told her to ask my husband and fled, lol. What a nosey lady!

Post # 243
    5571 posts
    Bee Keeper

View original reply
    @travelgirl1:  Ugh!! I’ve had some comments like that too and it’s so frustrating!! It must have been even more so for you since you couldn’t set her straight lol

Post # 244
    1433 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2010

View original reply
    @Audreysdance:  OK SO I AM FINALLY REMEMBERING TO ASK YOU (I aways forget)! Is your child’s potential name “Han” pronouced like John only with an “H” or is it like Dan? I ask because I had a Swedish co-worker & his last name was Han pronounced like John but with an “h” and now I’m wondering if either you or DH are Swedish at all! I like your other option of Tor too:)

Post # 246
    1463 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2011

View original reply
    @Jenn23:  My bra size went from a 12F to a 14G by about twelve weeks.  Thankfully I haven’t grown too much since then and I still had some bigger bras left from when I was a bit heavier.  I was looking at the maternity bra’s in my local department store today and thinking how ridiculous it is that they only go up to a D cup!

This week has been a busy and exciting one for us, DH left for ten days on Wednesday to go overseas on exercise so the cat, dog and I are home alone.  It’s been a busy week at work and I am soooo pleased it’s the weekend.

One of my besties had her IVF baby on Thursday just been, it’s been wonderful to finally see her miracle bub arrive after almost five years of TTC and preparation for her successful IVF.  I also found out that one of my cousins is having a baby a month after us, we’re really starting to get close again so it’s nice to have somebody to chat and compare notes with ๐Ÿ™‚

And, the most exciting news of all, I finally can feel real live, honest to goodness baby movement!  I’d been feeling flutters or general movey feelings for a week or so but on Thursday just been I felt what I can only imagine to be baby pole dancing!  Was pretty cool, but very weird at the same time.

And finally, tomorrow is twenty weeks for us, so amazing to think that we’re finally half way and we’re on the countdown from here!

Post # 247
    5496 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
    @Audreysdance:  Our NT scan pics weren’t good. She only gave us head shots, not full body shots. We didn’t realize until after we left the building. So no nub shots! ๐Ÿ™

View original reply
    @travelgirl1:  That is horrible that she said that to you! How rude!!

View original reply
    @Kemma:  Right behind you. Two more days until I’m at Week 20! We’re halfway there! WooHoo!!

Post # 248
    1433 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2010

View original reply
    @Jenn23:  5 days for me! Cant wait:)

I FELT MOVEMENT!!!! LIKE UNDENIABLE MOVEMENT! EEEEEK!!!! Just wanted to annouce that. Let’s just say that I now have a new “most memorable moment” in my life. This trumps my wedding….I’m that excited:)

Post # 249
    2 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: September 2011

Just wanted to let you ladies know REI is having their anniversary sale this week and the BOB stroller is on sale for $339 ๐Ÿ™‚  You can also wait until the sale is over and then use a member only 20% off coupon.

Post # 250
    1479 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

Um, can I please share with you ladies what happened to me today?

I went to a friend’s baby shower. When I got to the neighborhood where the house was that the shower was at, I parked my car and started looking for the house. Well, I walk up to this house that had pastel balloons out front, and the address was one number off from the one I had written down, but I thought I had just written down the wrong address…. so I sort of did a “knock and walk in”. House was all decorated for a baby shower, so I figure I’m in the right spot.

These two people walk out, and I don’t recognize them, but I had only met the hostess once so I’m all, “I’m here for the baby shower”… and they ask me, “Are you sure you’re in the right spot?”

I wasn’t. That shower was for some other girl. The shower I was supposed to be at was across the street.

Apparently, I was the 4th person to randomly walk into that house, so I didn’t feel so bad, but OMG it was so hilarious!

Post # 252
    304 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @Miss Root:  Too funny!  That’s totally something I would have done even before I got pregnant.  I had a baby shower too this weekend….tis the season. 

@TurtleDoves:  I too felt movement this weekend.  We went for a late dinner at The Hard Rock, the music was so loud, my DH & I couldn’t hear each other so we started texting to talk and then I felt it…..I don’t think Samantha Jo liked the vibration from the music.  She was active for a few minutes and it was the most unbelievable feeling!  DH said it was the most he’s seen me glow.  Since then, I’ve felt her move daily.  I love that feeling!

Post # 253
    799 posts
    Busy bee

Hi Everyone!!

Hope you all had good weekends!!! Still on holiday here, yay long weekend! DH, dog and I arrived home late last night from cottage, decided to beat traffic and get a good night’s sleep at home!

Baby movement was wild this weekend!! So cool!

View original reply
    @Jalexwedding:  I was REI was in Canada!! Those are like half price what bob stroller’s cost here!

View original reply
    @Jenn23:  What time is scan Wednesday!? We’re at 4:10 eastern, SO excited already! Excited you are going to find out now too!!

Also a bonus about long weekend is today will go by fast, back to work tomorrow and then I will be able to say our scan is “tomorrow” by then, ha!

So….cottage weekend! DH and I talked about some baby/life things and I finally began to reallllly think about timelines for making purchases and getting going on nursery.

When we planned our wedding we set X amount of budget and then used websites to get a basic breakdown of what % of the money should go towards certain parts of the wedding. We had a pretty DIY venue, so obviously we adjusted where it worked for us. Is it appropriate (is anyone else doing this?) to do this for baby? I think it’s going to be SO easy to get carried away with spending, there are definitely some things that are splurge worthy, but there are also other things that are worth bargain hunting for (coupons, sales, 2nd hand, etc). Am I out to lunch here? I just feel like if we set X budget for getting started and then give ourselves a budget for certain things it will help things not get too out of hand with baby spending?

I’m crazy, lol.

Don’t even get me started on me trying to figure out what the total amount should be (then broken down in %’s, lol) as I am so stumped as to what’s appropriate.

I totally am ready to clear out the one room we’re using for baby….just so I have a clean space to start dreaming up fun ideas and likely taking on way too many DIY ideas!! Pinterest is SO bad for that!

Post # 254
    5669 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

@Jenn23 & Beebug- Good luck with your scans this week. You both must be so excited!

@Jaxelwedding- Thanks for the tip!

@Turtledove & Audreysdance- How wonderful! I can’t wait to feel my little one move.

@Mrs.Root- Too funny, but an honest mistake. I think I would have done that not pregnant hehe. My baby brain thing is I keep forgetting to close our gate. I have two dogs and have put them out there a few times this weekend with the gate opened. Thankfully DH has noticed and my girls are getting old enough that they know they aren’t supposed to leave the yard.

Has anyone else had to take off their wedding rings! I am only 17 weeks but my fingers seem to have swelled so much that my rings were starting to get painful. It took me about 30 mins to pry them off my finger this weekend. So not happy that I had to take them off this early ๐Ÿ™

Post # 255
    391 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We went to watch the What to Expect when you’re Expecting movie yesterday. I thought it was pretty funny especially when you understand all the TTC humor and pregnancy humor. I didn’t expect it to touch on so many different types of pregnancy. They even included miscarriage which hit too close to home and made me cry. Hubby even chuckled a few times, but it’s definitely a chick flick. I didn’t like all the product placement though.

View original reply
    @TurtleDoves:  How exciting!

View original reply
    @Miss Root:  Too funny!

View original reply
    @Beebug:  We are setting a X amount budget for the nursery and baby items. I haven’t broken it down into % though. Mostly first just figuring out how much the furniture will all cost, and then going from there.

View original reply
    @roxy821:  Sorry you are swelling so much. I haven’t had that problem yet. Maybe drink lots of water?

Post # 256
    5571 posts
    Bee Keeper

View original reply
    @roxy821:  I haven’t had to take my rings off during the day yet but at night my hands have been swelling really bad so I take mine off before bed every night. I know that the day that I have to take off my rings for the remainder of my pregnancy is coming soon and it makes me want to cry!!

View original reply
    @taders:  Glad to hear the good review! I really want to see that!

The topic ‘Falling for you Baby pt 4, Fall 2012 mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors