• poll: What are you having?

Boy

Girl

Team Green

• Post # 422
    799 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2011

Ladies, need your thoughts and prayers this morning.

My SIL, 31w preggo was rushed to hospital 3am this morning. They live in a small town and the hospital there sent her to Halifax (2 hours away). Air ambulance wasn’t available so she went by land. Our phone rang about 6:30am this morning, and we don’t know much more. DH and I talked to Father-In-Law and he sounded so upset, Mother-In-Law is a retired nurse, and now they are at this hospital they are in the best hands. They don’t deserve this πŸ™ Hope SIL, and baby are ok. Holy moly. Always need to remember to take it day by day, of course I was chatting with her just last night and she was being so reassuring for me and my worries with our news, and now this πŸ™

Post # 423
    5976 posts
    Bee Keeper

View original reply
    @Beebug:  Congratulations on your baby girl. I’ll definitely keep your SIL in my thoughts and prayers this morning. I’m hoping everything turns out ok for them. If it’s any reassurance, we had friends have their baby at 28 weeks last year and he’s going to be almost 1 now. He’s beautiful, and though he had a rough first 4 months, he’s doing wonderfully. 

Post # 424
    799 posts
    Busy bee

Brother-In-Law (other brother, not this SIL’s DH) was born at 24 weeks 30 years ago. Thank-gosh they are at a point where everything could be ok, it’s just so scary! I know a friend of mine had her now healthy 6 year old at 26 weeks.

Mother-In-Law said to me last night too….”they’ve got their crib up finally, that baby could come at anytime now” and of course she was just saying it so lightheartedly on nursery progress, that line seriously “haunts” me like she sensed this could happen. Unreal.

If this baby arrives, DH and I will probably be on a plane pretty quickly!

Post # 425
    5669 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

@Mrs.D- You look great!

@Beebug- How wonderful! Now you get to buy all the cute pink outfits πŸ™‚

I hope your SIL and her baby are doing okay. I will keep them in my prayers.

Post # 426
    260 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
    @Beebug:  I hope your SIL and Brother-In-Law and baby are doing ok.  It’s always scary when you have no control over what is happening.  I was just in the hospital on Monday and Tuesday because I was having crazy contractions and my cervix started to open.  They gave me a shot and mature her lungs and I am now on bedrest until I see my OB again so I understand how scary it can be.  You guys are all in my thoughts.

Post # 427
    292 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @Beebug:  Congratulations!!!

Post # 428
    148 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

@Beebug: Hope everything turns out well for your SIL and Brother-In-Law.  I’m sure it will.  Positive thoughts to you and your family!!

Post # 429
    799 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @roxy821:  lol noooo pink outfits! Purple I can handle, but I don’t do pink! I am so not girly aaaat all, and that’s totally cool if she is, but she can dress pink when she’s old enough to pick out pink for herself or someone else buys it, LOL. I said to my Mom last night (who I will have to “tame” with the girl stuff :p) that big things I still want to keep neutral (browns, greens, beiges, etc) but clothes/gifts can be whatever girly, but wanting more than one, and having a very neutral toned house, big stuff will stay pretty in between!

View original reply
    @Danielle81:  Geez! Hope you’re doing ok! You are in my thoughts too, hope everything stays ok for you!

Everyone at work here is pretty pumped with our baby girl news!

Post # 430
    799 posts
    Busy bee

I want to find a pink jersey of my fave hockey team! haha πŸ™‚

Post # 431
    1479 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

View original reply
    @Beebug:  My good friend was just like you. She didn’t want any pink outfits, always put her little baby girl in more neutral things… now that her little girl is 2, all she wants to wear are tutus. It’s hilarious! So put her in what you want now, because the time when you can do that goes by fast!

Speaking of CD’ing, I surveyed my friends and then read the blogs of a few old Bees who just had babies… they all seem to really like the bumGenius in terms of few to no leaks, no diaper blowouts, etc. It’s so hard to pick with all the brands- we were going to take a class, but then I ended up having to go to a baby shower, and DH decided to get on board with it and at least try it for a minimum of 6 months. If we can’t stand it anymore after that, we can always sell them. πŸ™‚

Post # 432
    5669 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: August 2010

@Beebug- I know so many women who have been like this. I personally hate the color purple, no clue why lol. If we have a good everything besides clothing will be gender neutral too. What’s your favorite hockey team?

@Lilyann- Hope you didn’t buy too many girl items! As long as the baby is healthy πŸ™‚

@Danielle81- I’m so sorry you are going through this. Glad to hear that your doctors seem to have things under control. Wishing you and your baby girl the best and an uneventful rest of your pregnancy.

Post # 433
    349 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

View original reply
    @Lilyann:  oh wow!! well congrats on your baby BOY and hopefully you didnt buy too much pink!! how far along are you now? now i am getting worried about my a/s being at 18 weeks…

View original reply
    @Beebug:  sending them tons of prayers! i hope everything turns out okay, sending positive thoughts!!

View original reply
    @Danielle81:  oh my goodness, i hope you are okay! i am so sorry, you are in my prayers!!! how far along are you?

Post # 434
    799 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @roxy821:    I am a Leaf fan…..like total diehard….poor me, LOL.

DH is a Pens fan….they are definitely my #2 team!

Purple is the colour my BM’s wore and my go-to “girly” colour in my closet (otherwise I am a white, gray, black, blue person, lol) and I do like it, so it’s totally something I can handle! I was dressed fairly girly growing up, but the tomboy in me surged early and it was all over for my Mom pretty quick, lol. I played with barbies only because I built barbie sized houses with lego, LOL.

View original reply
    @Miss Root:  Bumgenius seems to be popular on a Canadian board I go on as well, but it seems like the price difference in purchasing them here versus the US is quite significant, so might be worth looking cross-border for!

I babysat for a family with three young boys (always two in diapers!) and they CD’ed. So while that was a long time ago and I don’t really remember much, I remember it being super easy (changing and taking “care” of the diapers) and going in blind so to speak not really knowing any different we are going to give CD’ing a go. I would like to find a class somewhere around here (even if I have to go into city, that’s fine!) to get up on the basics and then when baby arrives hopefully settle on a brand!

Post # 435
    5496 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: April 2010

View original reply
    @taders:  That’s right! You guessed right for the three of us. You are good!!! πŸ™‚

View original reply
    @Beebug:  I’ll keep your family in my thoughts. I hope everything is OK!!!

View original reply
    @Danielle81:  Thinking of you and hoping everything is just fine with your ‘lil one.

View original reply
    @Lilyann:  Wow, that must have been quite a surprise since you thought it was a girl! Welcome to Team Blue!!! πŸ™‚

Post # 436
    74 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

@IslandLove07 Luckily everything we have bought so far (big ticket items) have been gender neutral and we painted the nursery grey Smile So just a few girlie outfits that we might save for later.

I was right around 16 weeks when we had the elective gender scan and I was about 21 weeks when we had our a/s. I have definitely learned my lesson!

The topic ‘Falling for you Baby pt 4, Fall 2012 mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors