(Closed) Falling for you baby…Fall Babies 2012 part 3

posted 10 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 333
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@2PeasinaPod:  Yay for finding out what you’re having! What day is your appointment? You know we will need a full recap after you’re done!

I feel you on VS bras- they are just not a good fit, and unfortunatley, I do not think they train their employees well on how to fit properly. I would go to Nordstrom or someplace else that is known for being better at fitting you and get fitted again. Better to spend a little money on a good quality bra than feel uncomfortable :(.

I’m starting to feel movement (finally)!!! At almost 21 weeks. I can definitely feel Little Root squirming around and he’s gotten a few good kicks in. DH hasn’t gotten to feel anything yet, but I hope in the next week or so he’ll grow big enough to start kicking where you can feel it on the outside, πŸ™‚

I’ve also gained 6 pounds since my last doctor’s appointment! I didn’t gain any weight for so long, and all of a sudden I’ve piled it on in the last 4 weeks… I have my doctor’s appointment tomorrow, so hopefully she doesn’t tell me it’s a bad thing. Up 8 pounds total so far.

Post # 334
3786 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Miss Root:  Don’t you have an anterior placenta? I have one and I was wondering when us girls would start feeling movement…glad to know that I don’t have too too long.

Post # 335
123 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Feeling the movement and kicks is so exciting. I’m almost 20 weeks now and I started to feel the baby at around 18 1/2 weeks. This past week I’ve started to feel kicks. Just now the baby was kicking around a lot so I ran into the bedroom and Hubby finally got to feel a couple of kicks! Tomorrow I get to find out if we’re having a boy or girl!

@Running Elley Hope you feel your baby soon.

Post # 336
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@Running Elley:  I have an anterior placenta but I am still able to feel a lot of movement.  Especially when she kicks my bladder.  I think it depends on where they are kicking and where your placenta is exactly.  There are days i feel very little but then some days she doesn’t stop. You will definitely start feeling as they get bigger and their kicks get stronger also!

Post # 337
946 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@Running Elley:  Yup, and I only really just started feeling him more this week. You should start feeling your little one soon too. I mostly can feel him if he kicks me kind of on the sides down low for now. Like Danielle81 said, I think it depends on where he’s kicking exactly, because I definitely only feel it every once in awhile. I’m sure once our babies our bigger we will feel them all the time!

Post # 338
1197 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

Hi Bees—17 days until the anatomy scan! Can’t wait at this point….I will be posting here as soon as I know:)

I too am waiting for little kicks….at 15 +5 I think I should start watching out for them. No one has told me I have an anterior placenta yet and the way I am so obviously showing and have been for awhile, I’m thinking I don’t. So FX for some kicks sooner than later!

In other news, I have 2 formal weddings in the next 3 weeks….so finding dresses has been fun (not). But finally I think I have 2 awesome dresses and they make my bump look really cute so I’m excited to wear them. Also I have 2 MORE weddings in june….but since they are in the mid of summer, I think I can get away with less formal attire (I hope!)

Ah….anyways up 2lbs now and loving that. Can’t wait until I have the guts to start working out again (lightly). I am really hoping to keep pregnancy weight down.

Post # 339
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

So excited for all of you who are feeling movement. I’m 14 weeks now, so I hope I don’t have too much longer to wait. I’m feeling SO much better these days. I have more energy. I feel less nauseous. I’m hoping I can go this whole next week with out throwing up. Last week was only twice, so big improvements. Still having some aversions. Were any of you ladies having aversions to chicken? And when could you finally stomach it again? I used to eat chicken so much, and I haven’t had it in months.

Post # 340
1197 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@taders:  same! I hate it nw. It’s so odd. My mom says she hated foods she once used to love while being pregnant. I guess its typical? I don’t like chicken & I don’t like bananas…weird, I used to love ’em!

Post # 341
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@2PeasinaPod:  i cant wait to find out what you are having! next week is so close!

View original reply
@Miss Root:  that’s so exciting you are starting to feel your little man move!!! I have awhile to go for that, but I cant wait!

View original reply
@baybee510:  YAY, cant wait to see if your having a little boy or girl!

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  17 days! that is going to fly by! I’m loving all of these upcoming gender scans!

View original reply
@taders:  I am having the hardest time eating chicken…the thought of it makes me sick. I’ve pretty much just given up that meat for awhile, and have been eating more steaks, etc.

Question for all of you who have had your NT scans- I have mine on Monday, and if all goes well, we plan on announcing to most people on Tues or Wed. I assume the tech will be able to tell me the neck measurements, etc, at the scan. But as fas as the bloodwork and actual results go, how long did those take to come in? Did you wait until you got your bloodwork results to announce, or if your scan went well, did you just do it after that?

Post # 342
4081 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

So exciting to hear about all of you feeling the kicks!! I can’t wait. πŸ™‚

I’ve had trouble with beef and chicken for months now. For the most part, I just can’t tolerate meat like before pregnancy. I’m still sick every morning. I’ll be 17 weeks on Monday and was hoping the nausea would be gone by now!

Are any of you having cramps? I have for the last few days. They feel like moderate menstrual cramps. And I get a sharp pain now whenever I sneeze or get up from a chair too quickly.

Ordered the Snoogle which should be here on Monday. Can’t wait!! I’m becoming more and more uncomfortable sleeping each night.

Post # 343
344 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@IslandLove07:  I had to ask what the neck measurement was. I don’t think he would’ve told me otherwise. I had mine Monday, and I went ahead and told my work on Tuesday and made a Facebook announcement as well. I was so ready to start telling people. Good luck! You must be getting excited!

Post # 344
41 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2010

TEAM PINK here!! We found out on the 17th and it was so cool to see her looking like an actual baby! (we opted out of the NT scan so we hadn’t seen baby since I was 7 weeks along)

We had a gender reveal party for friends and family, they were so excited! We always had a boy name picked out so when we found out it was a girl, we weren’t sure where to even start on girl names! But after giving it a lot of thought and getting several opinions, we have decided on Penelope (Penny) Rose Jones, I am already so in LOVE with her!

It was great to find out early (16 weeks), but honestly I don’t think we got very good pictures of her at all! I am excited for our anatomy scan on May 15th, hoping to get some better pictures to announce gender on FB.

For some reason the picture I keep uploading is blank/just a black background πŸ™

Post # 345
4081 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

@Lilyann:  Congrats on finding out you are Team Pink!! So exciting! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 346
670 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@IslandLove07:  I can’t eat chicken anymore either! The texture!! BLEH! And I usually love it! I will eat it if it is dry and overcooked (yum?) but that’s about it!

I still don’t have NT scan results (call it IPS here!) My bloodwork and u/s was March 29 for it, and 2nd round of bloodwork I just had done not 15 minutes ago! I am guessing there are varying answers here though as I know some have results!

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  Yay for two awesome dresses! We have eleven wedding invites from July 13 to Oct 20. I bought four amaaaaaazing dresses mid-January thinking ahead for summer and knowing I wouldn’t want to shop under pressure for all the weddings, this was after our first pregnancy loss and before we figured out we were pregnant….Whoops! DH’s colleague has given me a ton of maternity clothes, including one dress that is wedding-worthy. We are only going to go to six of the weddings (two on some weekends, one after due date I was supposed to be in πŸ™ ) but I still need more than one dress…..3-4 more maybe? Argh :p

And YAY 17 days! That’s so close!

Is anyone going to go for 3D ultrasound? I was at physio this morning (she is due June!) and she said she did it this time, but didn’t with first and wishes she did! They used the 3D scan to tell her 2 year old (took her too the appt to show her) but now she wishes she had done it with number one. So much about the 3D u/s is SO creepy I think, but I am not the type that would post it anywhere or share with anyone who didn’t ask, so it could be cool to just have and keepsake? I don’t know! It’ll be about $200 I think.

The topic ‘Falling for you baby…Fall Babies 2012 part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors