(Closed) Falling for you baby…Fall Babies 2012 part 3

posted 10 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 377
1197 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

@Jenn23:  πŸ™ My mind went immediately to heating or cooling pads but you say you’ve tried those….I hope you find some help soon:)

Cross-posted from Oct thread: BREAKING NEWS: I moved up my anatomy scan 4 days! I just couldn’t wait….so, I called & explained to them that I was crazy & couldn’t wait any longer so she’s like….”fine! But 17w is the soonest I’ll go!” So, I get in 9 days instead of 13 days:) I’ll be 17w1d. Its at 9am when they first open haha

Post # 378
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Jenn23:  I’m sorry you’re having the nerve pain. Have you looked into a chiropractor? I’ve been dealing with severe sciatic pain that is being managed by my chiropractor (with my midwife’s blessing). Being pregnant with all the hormones makes our postures worse, which can worsen any conditions that were previously there.

View original reply
@Beebug:  Thanks! I got brave because Audreysdance did! πŸ˜€

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  Congrats on moving up the scan! 9 days feels like forever and goes by in a flash at the same time!

Post # 379
321 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Lilyann:  congrats on the baby girl!!!

View original reply
@baybee510:  YAY for your baby boy!!!!

View original reply
@TurtleDoves:  i Looooveee that dress you posted, I may have to buy that for an upcoming wedding as well!!! either color is great, I’m sure it will look amazing!!!

View original reply
@Audreysdance:  that’s so exciting your shower is coming up!! what a cute theme πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Jenn23:  I’m so sorry about your horrible leg pain, I cant imagine being in that much pain all of the time…I hope you feel better soon and your OB can give you some recommendations/ideas to help the pain

Well my NT scan today went great! I feel like I am the caboose of this thread lol, probably one of the last ones to get my scan, but either way I am so happy that everything looked great and it was amazing to see how big baby has gotten! Baby was measuring 12 weeks 6 days, even though I should only be 12 weeks 2 days, but the tech said that wasnt a big deal. Heart rate was a stready 156 bpm. The neck measurements were all on the normal range (they took about 10 diff measurements from different spots, but all were around 1.0). Baby was so active, our hearts totally melted!!! And it was just so reassuring to see how big they were getting, makes it all more real. We will be getting bloodwork results on Monday, which is sooner than I expected!

Here’s our little babe!! if any nub wanna give me a clue, check out the nub thread, let me know what you think!

Post # 381
4107 posts
Honey bee

@IslandLove07:  what an adorable picture!!! congrats on everything being great and healthy  πŸ™‚    and you are not the caboose….i have my first scan in 2 days!!!

Post # 382
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I’m just popping in here to say that today I booked the anatomy scan! So hopefully next tuesday I will know if little bubba is a boy or a girl! So now I’m praying this next week doesnt go too slowly!

Post # 383
641 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@IslandLove07:  I’m so glad the NT scan went well…wasn’t it awesome?!!?

View original reply
@Audreysdance:  I am super impressed at your nub spotting skills.  I am still completely clueless in that department.

Post # 384
321 posts
Helper bee

@Audreysdance:  thanks for your expert opinion!! haha, I am soo wanting to find out now!! lol

View original reply
@dynamic_duo:  thanks!!! it was so cool seeing baby for a long time! πŸ™‚ Yay for your upcoming scan!!! how many weeks will you be?

View original reply
@lotam240:  it was SO amazing and totally reassuring, we were in awe the entire time! I am also totally clueless with the nub pics, I have no clue what I am looking for! haha

Post # 385
4107 posts
Honey bee

@IslandLove07:  as of this past sunday, i hit 13 weeks.  my calculation is still based on the first day of my last period though. I am hoping at the scan that they will tell me based on the measurement of the baby what the actual due date is.  Is that something they typically do?   I just wonder if my date will be different because my cycles were always longer than 28 days and when i said this to my doctor last week, he said “so you might not be as pregnant as you think you are”.  plus i don’t think i am showing at all yet. i think i am just getting into the stage where i am starting to look fatter, but not pregnant.  but the way i have been eating, it just be that i really am getting fatter!

Post # 386
321 posts
Helper bee

@dynamic_duo:  they will most likely do all of that at your scan. at mine, they measured exactly how old the baby was and they gave me a due date based on that. you will find out your due date at your appt and will have a better idea of exactly how far along you are…good luck, i cant wait to hear how it goes!

Post # 388
641 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

@dynamic_duo:  same thing for me as IslandLove!  They based my due date on the length of the baby.  just on day off from what I thought.  However, when I went in for my NT scan the baby was a few weeks ahead.  But I think growth spurts just start to happen now.  

Post # 389
4107 posts
Honey bee

@lotam240:  hmm, this will be my first ultrasound i have, and i am at 13 weeks. i wonder if they can still date it correctly if there has been growth spurts like you?  I guess i just have to be patient until tomorrow afternoon and see what they say!  it’s gonna be a long day though!

View original reply
@IslandLove07:  reading back up to your post about your scan, i can see you already answered my question! your measurement was just 4 days off.

Post # 390
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@IslandLove – congrats on the great scan! Its so exciting to see the baby move and hear the heart beat! πŸ™‚

@PurpleUnicorn – my scan changed my due date by 2 days based on their size, but I kept my old one because I know the exact day I ovulated and whatnot. My boys aren’t coming on their due date anyway, so it doesn’t really matter! I’m technically a Summer Mama and not a fall one – but I’m sticking around here anyway πŸ™‚

This is my first week out of work, and so far I’m trying not to be bored to tears. We have a lot to do in the nursery, but i have to do it in stages because I get so tired so quickly and I can’t bend down/over for that long! It’s going to be a process but we’ll get it done! We want the cribs and all set up by Mid-June at the latest since they told me I can deliver any time after July 4th!!

What projects do you ladies have planned for your maternity leave? I’m going to work on getting my wedding album completed and ordered, do the nursery, interview pediatricians, and re-learn how to crochet and sew because I can’t justify paying someone on Etsy to do things that I know I can figure out how to do!

Post # 391
4081 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

Well, besides hearing Baby P’s heartbeat (always amazing!!) it was a very disappointing OB appt. The OB thinks that my referred leg pain is from fibroids and now scar tissue from my fibroid surgery in 2010. Since my fibroids were so big (2 were softball size) she said that would be a lot of scar tissue and can definitely cause this kind of pain. She also felt my uterus before checking for the heartbeat and said it doesn’t feel like a 17 week uterus, but bigger so she is concerned more fibroids could be back. πŸ™  She said she doesn’t see how physical therapy or a chiropractor would help since it is referred pain?? And I asked her why heat and ice have never helped and she said that it wouldn’t, because it is referred pain. (Not getting at the root of the problem)

She gave me a prescription for percocet for nightime (I didn’t sleep last night and the codeine isn’t really doing anything now..barely helps at all) and I have to go see a Perinatologist for an ultrasound and they may give me Naprosin which is similar to ibuprofren. I almost started crying when she said it isn’t recommended during pregnancy but can be OK during the 2nd trimester only and I’ll have to be monitored to check the baby’s fluid while taking that medicine. I feel so stuck and overwelmed and so sad that I have to take these medicines and that there isn’t a “cure” for my pain problem. πŸ™   I’m so down right now. πŸ™

The topic ‘Falling for you baby…Fall Babies 2012 part 3’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors