False Lashes: Yay or Nay?

posted 1 year ago in Beauty
  • poll: Did you wear false lashes for your wedding?
    Yes, and I loved them : (33 votes)
    75 %
    Yes, and I didn't love them : (1 votes)
    2 %
    No, and I'm glad I didn't : (8 votes)
    18 %
    No, and I regret it : (2 votes)
    5 %
  • Post # 17
    972 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2019

View original reply
    chyangra :  So i personally wouldnt wear fake lashes, just not my thing.

However I did get a lash lift and get my lashes tinted and its AMAZING. You know how your lashes look right after you curl them? The lash lift perms them to stay that way! plus the tint would darken your natural lashes. It literally looks like I put on mascara and curled my lashes and I do nothing!

I found a lady on Groupon who did it for like $40 and Im so happy I plan to do it regularly. It can last up to 2-3 months.

Post # 18
    115 posts
    Blushing bee

mel2 :  

I tried a perm and tint also, twice actually, but mine didn’t go so well. I wanted them to be a regular part of my routine but no such luck. 

First, my lashes really won’t tint. Like the black tint did nothing for my brown lashes and I did not look like I was wearing mascara. And second, the perm part wasn’t great. One eye did ok although some of the lashes curved all the way back, pointing to my upper eye lid. Those over curled lashes are well past the amount of time they should still be effected by the perm but they are still firmly in place, curved all the way back. So they’re stuck I guess. 

The other eye basically laughed at the perm. Those lashes were lifted for a few weeks but were quite different than the other eye. And my lashes totally fell earlier than they were supposed to and earlier than the other eye. So I spent like $100 on two occassions to look like I have wonky lashes basically. I think the perms and tints are great in theory and I wish they worked for me! But for some odd reason my lashes just don’t respond well. So just a warning- they don’t work for everyone. 

Post # 19
    1669 posts
    Bumble bee

If you haven’t worn them before, try a set for a full day first! Some people cannot tolerate them at all, myself included. It feels like I have sand in my eyes. Yet I can wear contacts without issue. 

Extensions I can wear, but I hate the maintenance and damage. 

Post # 20
    1496 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2019

I get extensions from time to time, but for the wedding I’ll just be doing regular falsies, because you can’t use waterproof eye makeup or most makeup removers with extensions.

Post # 21
    7590 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: June 2013

Out of curiosity, has anyone worn them with glasses? I’m intrigued but contacts are so uncomfortable for me that I’m curious how they looked/felt with glasses.

Post # 22
    3829 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: April 2017

You could try them and see how you feel. 

I said I didn’t want them, but everyone insisted I wouldn’t even notice I was wearing them, I needed them for the pictures, etc. etc. so I let the makeup artist put them on and had some pre-ceremony photos with them, but ended up pulling them off after she left and just going with bulk mascara instead. I felt so weird with them, like I couldn’t open my eyes properly and I wasn’t comfortable. The mascara felt way more ‘me’ and turned out great in photos (to be fair, I do have long lashes to start with). 

So give them a go but if you don’t want them, you do you!!

Post # 23
    3032 posts
    Sugar bee

I’m not a huge fake lash person but I wanted an extra oomph for the wedding. I just picked up a pair of super natural looking lashes and I loved them! I think if falsies can pass as natural lashes with mascara that’s a good bet that you won’t regret them. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors