(Closed) Fanal/ White One 411 brides, did/are you wearing a sash?

posted 11 years ago in Dress
Post # 17
843 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

I’m wearing the Fanal, no sash but either putting on a strap or clipping a hair piece on the top of the dress…like pictured.

Funny, I tried this on at RK Bridal as well!!!

[attachment=1582987,197802]

Post # 18
52 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@jenewitt:

View original reply
@xmofreshx:

How funny! Was it Gilda?? She must love putting that dress on people!

Post # 19
33 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2011

View original reply
@AJoy77:

YES! it was!!! thats hilarious.  i was trying on about three dresses, and they werent really working.  I put on a similar dress to the white one 411 but it had sparkle and “bling” all over it which isnt really my style.  so i told her i wanted something simlar but more simple.  she said she had a perfect pick, let her go get it.  i’m thinking “oh geez, this 80 year old lady isnt going to know what i want. shes not gonna have  good pick, but ill try it on to humor her”  and she brought back the dress and i was sold!! haha

i like your idea of the flower pin or something decorative on the bustline! very cute!

Post # 20
52 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@xmofreshx:

So funny! That 80 year old lady knows her stuff!

Post # 21
843 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@xmofreshx: Mine was Olga, but she knew her stuff and loved that dress!

Post # 22
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

this is hilarious… i just bought my white one in ivory 2 days ago at RK – can’t wait to receive it in may!!  i originally tried it on at wedding atelier but their alterations are a flat fee of $495 which is INSANE! RK had the dress $100 cheaper and their alterations are capped at $350 which is way more reasonable. 

First pic is fanal in bright white, no sash

Second pic is the white one 411 in oyster with a sash.

again, i ordered the white one 411 in ivory and am still unsure if i should put a sash with it… any thoughts?

this is such a great dress – so elegant, simple and flattering! i love it 🙂

[attachment=1629143,202262] [attachment=1629143,202263]

Post # 23
52 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
@jes830:

It’s such a beautiful dress! I am trying to decide now between this and the WTOO Vesper.  We’ve having an outdoor ceremony in June and I’m thinking the 411 might be a bit too formal! Maybe in Ivory though it would be fine?

Post # 24
2 posts
Wannabee

I have RK’s “got to” dress too.. with the same floral sash as pictured above! The same older lady helped me too- she is amazing!!

Now I am obsessed with the Pronovias Florencia. I think I may just break my mother’s heart if I switch dresses though.. oh well!

Post # 25
2 posts
Wannabee

The oh well was about the dress.. not my mother’s heart 🙂

Post # 26
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2011

I’m wearing a sash with my dress – I’ve ordered the dress in off-white/ivory and it hasn’t arrived yet, but when I was trying it on in the shops I fell in love with this sash:

http://www.australianbridalservice.com.au/directory/retailers/alishta

It’s the sash that is pictured as 01. 

I can’t post a pic of it, but it’s actually made in the oyster colour.  Looks great as a contrast against the ivory and goes beautifully with the dress in terms of the width of the sash.

I’ve also seen lots of beautiful sashes on etsy.com but not brave enough to buy something without seeing it on the dress itself.

Post # 27
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

MelbourneBride, I LOVE that sash!  Has it come in yet and do you have any pictures with it??

Post # 28
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: July 2011

I love that I just came across this thread!

I also got my dress from RK Bridal and had it shipped out to Fort Collins, Colorado!

Olga helped me with my dress! She brought it out and at first I thought.. ew and then when I tried it on it was beautiful! I am going to get the White One 411 in Ivory. I really loved the Oyster color but I have Olive colored skin and the Oyster looks great on fair skin rather then my skin color so I got the ivory and it’s beautiful!

Here is my sash:

I bought the sash in Fashion District bead store. It is swarkowski crystals. I will need to get it put on my dress, so I guess it’s kinda a sash but more of a beaded sash? Either way I love it

I haven’t put it on my dress yet so it isn’t centered the way I like in this picture.

Post # 29
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Oh man, I bought the same dress.  I feel so un-original now Undecided

Post # 35
28 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Debating on the fanal or white one 411 in ivory… Can any of you brides post more photos of your wedding day showing the dress accessories, hair, makeup all together? I keep coming back to this dress although I feel like I need to add some bling or a sash….maybe with aalright right accessories it looks better without a sash? Thank you!!!

Post # 36
4 posts
Wannabee

@Sunnyd – I felt the same way about the dress. I ended up ordering mine in Ivory with a blinged out sash. I also ordered an extra sash and they are going to make a halter top out of it to add the extra bling I wanted.

The topic ‘Fanal/ White One 411 brides, did/are you wearing a sash?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors