(Closed) Father/Daughter Dance & Aisle Issues – Help!

posted 6 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I just posted about this on a similar thread, but it’s YOUR wedding day. Everyone can get over it for ONE day. I think the aisle walking sounds nice. But I don’t think you should give into the two full father daughter dances if you don’t want to. I am doing one: starting with my biological father and having my stepfather cut in halfway through. If your groom is doing a mother-son dance too, this is really the best way to go, as you want to limit the number of dances that your guests are required to “watch”. This is an area of my wedding that I’ve given a ton of thought to, and I personally feel that it’s an area that you can be a bit selfish about. You didn’t create this situtation for yourself, and everyone else should be able to deal with it on this one day. Just my two cents. I know it’s easier said than done, and I wish you the best of luck 🙂

Post # 5
2825 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

I had my dad walk me down the aisle, but had my mom stand up at the end and give me a kiss and give me away with my dad (this could be your mom and step dad)… As for the dance, I just did two dances, back to back and it was fine while I was dancing with one the other was sitting with their significant other waiting, no one was upset by it being ‘too long”.  🙂  Best of luck.

The topic ‘Father/Daughter Dance & Aisle Issues – Help!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors