(Closed) Father/daughter Dance: Dad & Step Dad…what do I do

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
3295 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

i could have written this… seriously!!! my mom walked me down the aisle too! i ended up doing a dance with my bio dad first and then my stepdad. i guess i was over ‘hurting someones feelings’ because I wanted to share my day with both of my dads. they seemed to be fine with it although i never really asked …. 🙂

Post # 5
1488 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

When my mom got married to my step-dad she danced with both her dad and her step-dad. Her dad is kind of flaky and they knock heads and go without talking often but her step-dad had been in her life since she was 6ish so she wanted to share the day with both of them. She told her dad that it was her day and she was going to do it however she wanted and if he didn’t agree he didn’t have to come.

Post # 6
1330 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

2 father/daughter dances is most likely what i am going to do…..i was originally going to scratch the “typ.” dances altogether, but Future Mother-In-Law insists on doing the daughter/son dance with FH so i dont want it to be awkward that i’m not dancing with my fathers….sooo….yeah….

i’ve never seen my bio-dad dance so this is going to be interesting/awkward…possibly, i dont know, we’ll see….

Post # 7
204 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

i have a similar situation, but it involves 3 people. my parents got divorced, and remarried when i was about 13, and when my dad married my step-mother (she’s really super religious) he changed, which in turn made us drift apart. my grandfather ended up being more of a father to me than my dad was during the ensuing years. but about 2 years ago, my mother married a wonderful man who has no children. he enveloped me and my sister in love, and has doted on as ever since. to give each person their respect and thanks for having a hand in raising me, my grandfather AND my bio-father will walk me down the aisle. then i will dance with both my dad AND my step-dad, and to be honest, i’m not worried if it’s going to hurt their feelings. a little crass, i suppose, but it’s ultimately my wedding (and my FI’s!) and we call the shots. 😀

The topic ‘Father/daughter Dance: Dad & Step Dad…what do I do’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors