- 7 years ago
Since our colors will most likely be green/brown, I found this recipe to make homemade pepermint fudge. We both like to bake/cook and love homemade food. I want the favors to reflect us as a couple. Everyone does candy/nuts.
Picture of it at the bottom.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 ounces)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces white candy coating (see note above)
- 2 -3 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring
In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips with 1 cup milk.
Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla.
Spread half into a waxed paper-lined 8-in. square pan; (I personally prefer to line the pan with foil and grease the foil with butter) chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan over low heat, cook and stir candy coating with remaining milk until coating is melted and mixture is smooth.
Stir in peppermint extract and food coloring.
Spread over bottom layer; chill for 10 minutes or until firm.
Warm remaining chocolate mixture if necessary; spread over mint layer.
Chill for 2 hours or until firm.
Remove from pan; cut into 1-in. squares.