Post # 1
1. Where do you live?
2. What are the temperatures like in winter there?
3. What’s your fave part of winter?
4. And least fave?
I’m in Canada. Our temperatures can get to -50 (or colder, easily) with the wind chill. Now that’s in Celcius but according to a Fahrenheit to Celsius converter, -50 C is roughly -58F. It sucks.
Favorite part of winter is that it feels soo Christmasy and joyful before Christmas. And after Christmas, it can be soo pretty when it snows lightly and sparkles in the street lights!
Least favorite part? Getting my car stuck in the snow. And the cold temps, of course.
Post # 3
1. Where do you live? Ottawa, Ontario!
2. What are the temperatures like in winter there? COLD.
3. What’s your fave part of winter? Christmas!!
4. And least fave? Everything else. Snow, cold, scraping the car, shoveling the driveway… etc.
Post # 4
Wow, And I thought I had it bad.
2. Anywhere between 15-40 F. Usually about 20’s F.
3. Fave part… ummm… nothing really, no bugs?
4. Least fave: the COLD!!! And having to deal with traffic caused by the snow.
Post # 5
I live in Northern Virginia
The temperatures sometimes get down into the teens but usually are about 20-30 Fahrenheit
My favorite part of winter is having fires with my husband. We have a futon in the basement and we will pull it out and sleep down there with the fire roaring and our dog and 2 cats snuggling with us!
Least favorite part is being cold and having to warm up my car in the morning!
Post # 6
I live in mid-Missouri, so temperatures range. Right now it’s been middle to upper 70’s. It can be anywhere from -30-60, LOL. That’s helpful, right? Some winters we go with hardly any snow at all, and sometimes we get 10-12 inches or more. Our weather is so unpredictable.
Least favorite: Waking up at 4:00am when it’s freezing to take my dog outside to pee. He doesn’t even want to go out. He just stares at me like “mom, please, no!!”
Favorite part: Well, our wedding is this winter! I love the holidays because of sweaters, hot chocolates, cuddling and watching movies, and all the food. I love ham and turkey!
Post # 7
1. Where do you live? Cape Cod, MA
2. What are the temperatures like in winter there? Cold, anywhere from 20-40 F. Sometimes could get colder, but we are right on the coast where things seem to be a bit warmer!
3. What’s your fave part of winter? Christmas, Christmas lights, Hot Chocolate, Christmas Parades….seeing a trend here??
4. And least fave? The cold weather. UGH. And shoveling snow. And getting stuck in the unplowed parking lots. And dealing with the LAME way that Massachusetts takes care of it’s roads during snow storms. And like @pinkshoes: the traffic from the snow!!!!
Post # 8
1. Where do you live? – Chicago.
2. What are the temperatures like in winter there? Our temperatures vary greatly, although I remember a lot of 20 degree days last winter. Wind chill tends to make it colder, though, and we live right on the lake which means there is serious wind chill. As in, -40 degrees farenheit some days. On the other hand, some days it’s 40 degrees and sunny, and feels great.
3. What’s your fave part of winter? I love the first snow. I never understood how truly magical snow could be until I saw my first city snow before the cars, etc got to it. It’s truly crazy how much it quiets the normally loud city.
4. And least fave? The rest of it! Seriously, I hate the wind chill face, the walking everywhere not being able to feel my body, the snow and the slush, how hard it is to dress cute without ruining everything, the way that the car gets stuck in the snow or won’t start at all, the way NOTHING closes even though it takes an additional 30 minutes or more to get everywhere…
Post # 9
2. Uh, 30?
3. NO BUGS!
4. Needing an extra 20 minutes just to suit up to get out the door
Post # 10
I live in Washington, DC.
The winters are really pretty wimpy here (summers, not so much), but I am from California so I am also winter-wimpy! Temperatures are usually in the 30s and low 40s during the day, but can get down in the low teens with the wind chill. We also rarely get snow, except last winter, when we got a ton (for here), but snow = no work, so it’s not that big of a deal. :o)
My favorite part of winter? The FOOD! All year I crave beef stew, homemade spaghetti, and soups, so I cook a lot in the winter. Although come February, I would give my left arm for an heirloom tomato or a peach.
My least favorite part? The wind. I just hate it. Everything about it.
Post # 11
1. Where do you live? Northern California
2. What are the temperatures like in winter there? They usually don’t dip below the 30’s at their coldest. They usually hover somewhere in the 50s/60s.
3. What’s your fave part of winter? Holiday season. There’s something so warm and so comforting about a decorated tree, roaring fireplace and rain pouring down outside. For me, that’s pure, unadulterated heaven. I also love the general vibe during the holiday season. Everyone is a little more festive, a little more family oriented and just a little…..softer. I love watching people in other cars when we’re driving wherever we’re driving to during the holidays. There’s something very comforting about seeing all the various families in their cars motoring to their respective destinations to celebrate the holiday with their families. I love sharing that “connection” with random people. I don’t know, it’s hard to explain.
4. And least fave? Trying to walk from the parking lot to my office (about a quarter mile away) without getting drenched or stepping in one of the 1,000 puddles I encounter on the way.
Post # 12
1. Where do you live? Maryland
2. What are the temperatures like in winter there? 30’s
3. What’s your fave part of winter? The snow and bundling up
4. And least fave? ice and letting the car warm up
Post # 13
I’m in Houston…
The coldest it gets here is typically in the 30s-40s, though 50s isn’t unusual either… Also, winter weather doesn’t usually start until like mid-late November. I mean, it’s in the 80s today! 🙂
Favorite: Getting to wear my winter clothes! I really only have like 2-3 months when I can wear all my heavy sweaters and coats and stuff, so I love it! I’m dying to rock a new pair of knee high boots, but when it’s this warm, it feels silly to do that.
Least favorite: hearing the complaining from native Texans. I grew up around real winters with snow and ice, and people here whine when it gets below 70… Which especially bothers me because it seems like everywhere you go in the summer, the A/C is kept WAY colder than it typically gets outside in the winter! I always think, “wait, you have a problem with it being 65 and breezy outside today when you’re wearing long sleeves, but over the summer when you were in a tank top, you thought the 65 degrees in the grocery store was comfortable?” I don’t think I’ll ever understand it!
Post # 14
1. Where do you live? Central Ohio
2. What are the temperatures like in winter there? Not too bad at all… mostly hangs around 20-40 degrees. I’m from Cleveland which is MUCH snowier and colder so this doesn’t seem too cold at all to me.
3. What’s your fave part of winter? Snow! I really love snow… its so pretty and I like playing in it.
4. And least fave? scraping ice off of my car!
Post # 15
2. Anywhere from 70-20 degrees seems like.
3. Just the break from the Texas summer heat. I do also enjoy the 3-4 days we have where the roads are so bad everything is closed.
4. Least favorite thing is since we don’t have hard winters people don’t really know how to drive on slick roads and there are wrecks everywhere. Another thing is the grocery stores sell out of everything because people think we’re actually going to get snowed in for weeks just because we get light snow flurries.
Post # 16
1. Where do you live? Pittsburgh, PA (but went to school in the snow belt where they measure snow by the feet!)
2. What are the temperatures like in winter there? I don’t really know the range of temperatures, 20-30’s maybe?
3. What’s your fave part of winter? Snowboarding, the holidays, and the pretty white outdoors!
4. And least fave? Driving.I am one of those overly anxious winter drivers. I was coming down a main road one day, going much slower than the traffic behind me wanted to and my Fiance called to tell me he was going to be late. Apparantly he was stuck in a train of cars behind some idiot doing like 15mph..hmmm.haha.