- 7 years ago
- Wedding: June 2009
I’m trying to figure out a few useful things for the kitchen to put on my Christmas list, and I thought it would be fun for everyone to share the top 5 things they received for their kitchen that they have found to be the most useful/indispensible.
1. KitchenAid Mixer – I love this thing. I look for excuses to make bread and cakes just so I can use it! 🙂
2. Newlywed Cookbook – This is sold through BB&B. Great recipes that are perfectly portioned for two. I’ve started marking down the dates we make different meals in the book as a sort of memory/keepsake.
3. Fiesta Ware – we have the ivory and chocolate brown place settings. I love how versatile this set is (can be microwaved, placed in the oven, and frozen), and the glaze finish still looks great after 2 1/2 years! We’re planning to add in a few place settings in Lemongrass soon!
4. Chopper – Not sure what these are actually called, but it is great to chop nuts (similar to the SlapChop, but mine is by oxo).
5. Fondue set – this is great to set out when we’re entertaining. Who doesn’t like chocolate-covered fruit and pretzels?