Ted : (15 votes)
    7 %
    Argo : (22 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 32
    4038 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: October 2010

We don’t go to the movies often, so I’ve only seen three of these (The Hunger Games, The Dark Knight Rises and Skyfall). I thought all three were excellent, though. 

Post # 33
    5283 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: October 2009

Argo was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, loved it!! 

Also I am not one of those people who is all aboard the Tarantino train – while he has made some good movies, I think he has made some bad ones too. However, I can not wait to see Django Unchained – looks awesome!! 

Post # 34
    3667 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2015

From that list, The Hunger Games and The Hobbit. I also loved The Intouchables, Brave, and Wreck-It Ralph.

Post # 35
    10033 posts
    Sugar Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2012

Loved Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2 (actually have loved all the Twilight movies).  Skyfall, The Dark Knight and The Hunger Games were also very good.  I was a little disappointed in Spidey, though, expected to be more amazed, lol.  Can’t wait to see The Hobbit!

Post # 36
    5657 posts
    Bee Keeper
    • Wedding: February 2012

I liked the Avengers. I haven’t seen the Hunger Games or The Hobbit yet (I have read the books). The Dark Knight Rises underwhelmed me. I LOVED Wreck is Ralph… I think that was my favorite. 🙂

Post # 37
    1094 posts
    Bumble bee

Argo. But I’m still looking forward to Les Misérables on Christmas day!!!!

Also, not on the list but The Silver Linings Playbook was a great rom-comedy.

Post # 38
    81 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

I voted for The Hunger Games, but Brave would be my real vote if it was a choice. That was such a good movie. Every time I watch the movie it makes me want to call my mother.

Post # 39
    2447 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

You left out Moonrise Kingdom and Django on the list, as well as Zero Dark Thirty, The Master, Flight, Life of Pi, and Les Miserables.

My vote is for Moonrise, but Lincoln or Zero Dark Thirty is gonna get it.

Post # 40
    7770 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

@atlbride2013:  I LOVED Moonrise Kingdom!  I am such a huge Wes Anderson fan 🙂  We saw it twice.  I forgot about that one! 

I also liked To Rome with Love, but I am a huge Woody Allen fan.

Post # 41
    2447 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@cbee:  I know! LOVE Wes Anderson and I was so happy to see the screener for Awards season consideration arrive! I think it’s Focus’s best chance for something this year, althoughI’m convinced it’s the year for Dreamworks.

Post # 42
    172 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

The only movie I saw in the theatres was The Expendables 2. Probably not the best movie of the year, but completely worth it to see on the big screen. I’ve seen most of the others but they weren’t worth going to a jam packed theatre for. I NEVER go to the movies and I find the big blockbusters never live up to the hype that they’re given (Hunger Games, Twilight especially).

Post # 43
    1624 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Argo by far

Post # 44
    7770 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: July 2010

@atlbride2013:  I am looking forward to Les Mis too- that is my favorite movie- the one from 1998 with Liam Neeson, so I am excited to see the new rendition!

Post # 45
    1357 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I haven’t been to the movies many times this year. Of the movies on the list, Skyfall was probably my favorite, though I also like The Hunger Games, The Dark Knight Rises, and Spiderman. I was actually kind of underwhelmed by The Avengers, and I still plan to see Ted, Argo, Lincoln, Wreck-It Ralph, and The Hobbit. And there are so many others I’m waiting to see pop up on Netflix!

Post # 46
    1583 posts
    Bumble bee

Just saw Hobbit in 3d this weekend. It was amazing! I dont even like 3d films but he didnt awkwardly have things shooting out of the screen the whole time, it was more for depth. I am super tempted to go see it again…which I never do!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors