Ted : (15 votes)
    7 %
    Argo : (22 votes)
    10 %
  • Post # 77
    50 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: November 2013

I loved The Avengers, and The Hobbit. 2012 was a good year for films!

Post # 79
    1348 posts
    Bumble bee

I’ve been a fan of Battle Royale for the better part of 7 years so I cringed watching The Hunger Games. Skyfall’s story was lacking. Lincoln was drawn out. I can only imaging how awesome the acting was in Twilight- haha. I’m a huge doc buff, but have only been able to watch a few this year. My favorite thus far was The Invisible War- probably due to my lack of military fondness to begin with. Of this list I would have to go with The Dark Knight Rises.

Post # 80
    804 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

The Avengers was okay. They had a lot of good one-liners and the fights were fun, but I thought Scarlet was horrible as the Black Widow (couldn’t we have gotten a Russian accent, even a tiny one?) and Fiance and I still can’t get over how the Human Torch and Captain America are the same person. As always, I love the Stan Lee cameos.

The only other new movie I saw this year was The Woman in Black with Daniel Radcliffe. I really liked it because it was a good mix of mystery and creepiness, but it will be the last time I ever watch a horror film in a theater again. I got stuck with a group of tweens that purposely screamed as loud as they could, half of the time BEFORE anything scary even happened. I and others shushed them more than once but they were still obnoxious. I was steaming throughout the whole film.

Post # 81
    1629 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

My two favourites are newer….

SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK

DJANGO UNCHAINED

Both amazing.

Hated HATED the Hobbit. 3 1/2 of walking through middle earth with no storyline. WORST.

Post # 82
    2447 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Ok I did a lot of “research” this weekend via screeners (aka sat on my couch, ate an entire bag of twizzlers and watched movies until my eyes glazed over). Some reviews (no spoilers)-

Zero Dark Thirty- started out great. faded by the end. Like a very long and drawn out episode of Homeland. Well shot, especially the aerials.

Lincoln- Oh dear. I desperately wanted to love this movie but aside from Lewis and Jones, it was boring. Eerily similar to “John Adams”, except that miniseries was actually fantastic.

Hobbit- 20 minutes in and Fiance was snoring like a slumbering dwarf in middle earth.

Hyde Park on Hudson- great movie. Relatively short, great performances and beautifully shot.

This leaves Anna Karenina, Life of Pi, Silver Linings Playbook, and Amour.

Right now I’m still voting Django. And Fiance likes Argo, Django, and Looper. Interestingly enough, he did not even put Les Miz on the consideration for awards.

Post # 83
    2747 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

The Avengers. I don’t know… I kind felt like 2011 and 2012 waws the years movies went to die. <_< Everything sucked.

Post # 84
    1291 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

Twilight. I cried that it was ending 🙁

Hunger Games and the Batman one would round out my top 3.

Post # 85
    3774 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: December 2004

Les Miserables was amazing!  My favorite of 2012.  I think Hugh Jackman is going to be a top contender for Best Actor. He was brilliant as Jean Valjean.

The topic ‘Favorite Movie Of 2012?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors