Post # 1
So I’m new to the makeup world, I rarely use more than mascara, and so today I am going into Sephora to get some advice and buy some makeup! Foundation, concealer, primer, setting spray, ect..
Just wondering if anyone has any favourite products from there that they could recommend. Last time I had makeup on it was normal MUFE and it got oily and cakey so im thinking I need more mattifying makeup! But any opinions, advice, or referrals would be great! 🙂
Post # 2
I LOVE NARS blush, smashbox primer, foundation and naked eyeshadow! Can’t go wrong with those three brands 🙂 Kat von D has some awesome lipsticks too. All at sephora.
Post # 3
I should probably do exactly what you’re doing — get some professional advice on what to wear. I don’t use much makeup, but I second MrsPierce2014 for Naked eyeshadow. Because I’m boring, I like the Naked Basics palette. It looks natural and polished without being obvious you’re wearing makeup!
Post # 4
I love urban decay products. They are great.
Post # 5
Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (only available at select Sephora stores. Try MUFE Mat Velvet+ if they don’t carry EL)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz
Urban Decay eyeshadows and eye primer
Smashbox face primer
I’m picking up the new NARS Audacious lipstick today so I’ll let you know how it is 🙂 Otherwise, I love MAC lipsticks
Benefit They’re Real mascara (I use another drugstore volumizing mascara first though)
I use drugstore liner (Maybelline Master Drama), finishing powder (Rimmel Stay Matte), and lip liner (NYX or Rimmel).
Post # 6
The whole store hehe
LORAC PRO-Lip Colors (I love Ruby)
MAKE UP FOREVER-Concealer
SEPHORA COLLECTION-All of the lip stains are amazing. I have tried a ton of brands and these are the only ones that last almost all day
BENEFIT-Pore Perfector Primer
URBAN DECAY-Naked Pallette, Naked Skin Foundation, Naked Lipstick/Lipgloss
BARE MINERALS-Top Shelf Eyeshadow Duo, Foundation
I have tried at least 50 mascaras from all brands and Maybelline Plush is the best mascara I have ever tried.
Post # 8
I also love the Sephora brand matte pressed foundation powder. It’s great to stand alone on a minimal make up day, or I use it on top of a liquid foundation to set it and have a matte effect.
Setting spray – Urban Decay 24 hour – omg this is the best. Seriously – it was quite warm on our wedding day and my makeup didn’t budge! I use it on the daily now and my makeup is exactly the same at night as it was when I put it on.
Post # 9
Wilson2Bee: I think most great make-up starts with great skin.
So I’m going to recommend a few good skin care products first:
1. Dr. Jart PORE MEDIC pore minishing cleansing bubble. I didn’t buy it to shrink my pores specificlly- but it clears skin and doesn’t strip. I’m a repeat buyer.
2. Algenist Melting Cleanser. In the winter, I usually roatate between a few cleaners because I live in a really cold climate. This Algenist cleanser starts as gel, turns to a light oil, and then when mixed with water, turns into a milk. Easily rinses with water, doesn’t strip- makes my skin glow. Absolutely love.
3. Dr Jart PORE MEDIC home peeling. Use 1-2x/week. Keeps everything in tip-top shape, glowing and exfoilated.
4. Daily sunscreen is a must- and I would recommend Bosica Antioxidant SPF 30. Buy everytime I am out. Moisturizing but not oily, absorbs well.
5. Not going to lie- in the winter, sometimes I am guilty o skipping sunscreen if I know I won’t be outside for long periods of time- and in that case, I use Dr Jart Caermidin Cream. Fucking amazing. Even when I am not using it during the day, I use it every night. I’ve used it other places besides my face when needed- and really, I should just have like 10 tubes in my home at all times.
6. Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush foundation- it’s a powder foundation that’s light and not gross– and definitely not drying. I also love Hourglas Powder foundation, but it’s been a year since I’ve needed to purchase- and I don’t see it on the Sephora website right now….not sure if it’s discontinued, but if it’s not- I reccomend it- especially in the summer.
Naked shadows and Laura Mercier mascara are awesome.
Post # 10
Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions! I can’t wait to go shopping today and see all your products in person and see what works for me! I will keep you updated 🙂
Post # 11
- Wedding: September 2009 - Barr Mansion
I love Laura Mecier’s highlight powder. It’s a bit of a splurge, but I think mine will last forever!
Post # 12
Wilson2Bee: dr. Brandt pores no more. Omg I love this stuff more than oxygen!
Post # 13
Wilson2Bee: OMG. Sephora… my weakness! Urban Decay has an AMAZING make up setting spray- LOVE LOVE LOVE! Also, if you’re looking for a kick-ass mascara Benefit, They’re Real is the best.
Any Urban Decay Pallet is great- make sure you get their primer with it too.
Concealer I use Kat Von D tattoo concealer/foundation. Need something covered? This crap can do it.
You’re going to have so much fun!
Post # 15
– Nars blush. I think mine is in Orgasm shade
– Urban Decay Naked Palette 2
– Bare Minerals pressed powder. I use it EVERY DAY.