(Closed) feb 2011 honeymoon ideas?

posted 10 years ago in Honeymoons
Post # 17
617 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

View original reply
@desert-bride-to-be:We were looking for something that would compare to Hawaii that was closer to us.  A few of our friends had stayed at the same resort (and other Sandals on the island) and then it happened to be on the Bachelor at the beginning of the year.  I had my heart set on it after seeing the pictures, views and temps during the time we would be there and Fiance agreed after some research.  It’s all so fun planning!!

Post # 19
1535 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Cold: I would reccomend you check out Wistler, BC. There are some truely beautiful getaways there and some really romantic spots as well. The skiiing/snowboarding is amazing! If you have a little bit of a bigger budget then look up Revelstoke Mountain Resort..it’s in the Canadian Rockies and the scenary is to die for!!

Warm: Speaking from experience St. Lucia is my all time favourite destination. The beaches are prestine and the island really has a beauty that can’t be matched by most places because it’s so unbelievably clean and unpolluted. The most incrediable beaches I have ever been on in my life! For more of a cost wise destination I would say Jamaica. The sunsets are beautiful and there are a lot of activities to do and a variety of excursions to choose from. Last year our 1 week Jamaica trip cost $1700.00 cdn per person all inclusive (flights included as well) at a 5-star resort. We also went during peak season so the prices were higher than usual. For St. Lucia I think we spent somewhere around $2300.00 a person for the same thing (all-inclusive, 1 week).

Happy Honeymooning where ever you choose!

Post # 20
194 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

we are doing a cruise – it leaves from Puerto Rico and goes to St. Thomas, St. Lucia, Barbados, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten.  We had thought about doing a trip to the Sandals resort in St. Lucia but we didn’t want to stare at the same beach everyday. Plus we like cruises and the idea of different stuff to do constantly.

Have fun wherever you go!! 🙂

Post # 21
168 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

You could come to Canada for snow and hot cocoa!! Banff and Jasper national parks are really beautiful in the winter, and there are lots of places to stay, whatever your price range. B.C. has storm watching in the winter by the coast, as well as skiing in the rockies. Quebec is nice too, haven’t actually been there but it’s known as a romantic place to go. Here is a link if you want to check it out:

http://uscw.canada.travel/

Have fun planning 🙂

The topic ‘feb 2011 honeymoon ideas?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors