(Closed) Feb. 2012 Mr.Bee’s Plan Pact

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
115 posts
Blushing bee

I’ll go first!

I had a good week. The subject of marriage/engagement has not come up since the last time he made big promises for this year.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/getting-married-this-summer-but-not-engaged

I’m still a little bothered that if he thinks we are getting married this summer, why hasn’t he proposed? I’m aware he is getting some money this month, and we have a vacation coming up in March and an anniversary in Mary, so I’m going to not mention anything wedding related until at least Summer to give him some time.

I’ve been working out at the gym ALOT, and I feel great! I have some fun Girl’s Nights coming up within the next 2 weeks, so I feel good that my calendar is filling up. I’m gonna keep up the exercise, continue keeping the wedding talk to a minimum, and focus on myself!

Post # 4
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Me next!

UM I’m not doing so great but we have not had bad talks about it. Most recently, SO”s car was wrongfully towed out of our apt’s parking lot yesterday evening so yesterday after he got it back he said we’re moving. He knows I’m not crazy about the idea of getting an apt elsewhere with him that I could not afford on my own. I hate the uncertainty and (currenlty, potentially) unfulfilled promises of the future. ARGH.

In the meantime, I’ve started doing Insanity and he gives me 2 wks to quit it. He did P90X last year and barely made it through. I’m determined to prove him wrong!! and it occupies 60 days.

Post # 5
341 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

If we need to update daily is that allowed?

I haven’t mentioned anything since Sunday. Yay!

But last night I wanted to explode SO BAD. He keeps telling me I need to chill out and just trust that he’s got in under control.

I really hope he does…

Post # 6
153 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve done ok the last week… but honestly i’m so tired of waiting. it doesn’t even make me happy to think about getting engaged at this point. waiting has completely ruined the excitement for me.

I don’t know what to do right now.

Post # 7
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

I don’t know if this counts, but last night SO and I were talking on the phone and he said “Soon we’ll be sleeping in the same bed” and I said “Soon?” and he said “Yeah, when we have money” I got quiet, and didn’t press the issue. Sigh. But in other news the diet is going well, I’ve lost half a pound this week lol. (every little bit counts!) I’ve just gotta work on the exercise part now lol

Post # 9
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@MrsGolden2Bee:  As a coworker said I should’ve done with my “non-promise ring” that’s pretty much a promise ring- throw it back and say “NOT GOOD ENOUGH!” Just kidding! I’d never do that…

Confession for the day Foot in Mouth I sent SO a pic of a candy heart that said “Marry me?” He sent back that “you’re not allowed to ask that” le sigh….then you do it!!!

Post # 10
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Alrighty so it’s Thursday so I guess it’s time for my update. I posted a few days ago that I was failing because I’m still talking about engagement/marriage, but I think I was being a little hard on myself. I DID mention it when I was feeling insecure, but it didn’t lead to a fight or anything, and things have been good since then. Aside from my moment of uncertainty and insecurity, this week has actually been good. Well at least the second half of it has. I’ve continued to work out and have my bff night. And I haven’t said anything engagement/marriage related since the weekend. (sooo long for me haha). Anyway, something must be working because last night my SO said to me “I’ve been feeling more in love and into you lately.” I mean I know he loved me before, but I think he’s just missed me more lately because I have been more busy or something.  I’ll try to keep this up. My best friend and I are trying to keep our promise to meet up for dinner or something at least once a week. And I am going to promise to myself to try harder not to talk about getting engaged. 

So basically, spending time with friends, I get an A; working out… mmm…. a B; not talking about engagement/marriage C+ or B-

I probably need to find some other kind of hobby for myself to do on my own. It’s just that I am addicted to my SO and don’t like to spend THAT much time away from him. LOL lame I know… but i’m in LOVE! haha

Post # 11
4477 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Hey, ladies!

So for me, I have good news – he said the proposal’s coming in a month or two, and and we decided on getting married this fall!  It really sounds like it’s happening.  So in the meantime, I want to chill out and focus on work, getting in shape, all that good stuff.

@juneebee:  That’s wonderful that he feels that way, and that you’re taking care of yourself!

@MrsGolden2Bee:  that lady sounds awesome!  “MARRY HER, MARRY HER…have a cookie”.  lol

@annasaf83:  sounds good!

@alwaysamaid:  I think a lot of us waiting bees feel that way at some point.

@missjuli:  Sure, daily updates are allowed!  Any every small thing that improves your quality of life while waiting’s a victory. 

@jpalm13:  Yeah, uncertainty sucks.  

@butterflylove:  all that sounds good!

Post # 12
153 posts
Blushing bee

the Boyfriend or Best Friend and I had a really nice date night out last week, and I kept thinking “is this the night?” and it wasn’t.

and since then i’ve sort of given up I guess. I’m just the long-term girlfriend at this point, and I’m trying to enjoy the relationship for what it is and be happy.

not to say I don’t want to get engaged, but I’m tired of waiting for it to come and being disappointed and ruining every night out. I love him and he loves me, and I think that just has to be enough…

Post # 13
320 posts
Helper bee

@alwaysamaid:  I’m right there with you girl, I’ve been up and down so many times on the waiting ‘rollercoaster’ that the ride is officially making me sick.  SO and I are never going to get engaged and I just have to be okay with that, he’s a wonderful boyfriend other than the fact that he’s never going to be anything more than my boyfriend.  Unfortunately being ‘okay’ only lasts until SO brings up rings and engagement again, and then it starts the cycle of disappointment all over again

Ive been very good on Mr. Bee’s plan. For almost 3 months I didn’t bring up engagement, I didn’t nag, I was very low key and focused on doing my own thing. It’s been great! But all the work I do keeping my mind of engagement gets shot to shit because SO won’t stop dangling it in front of my face. After what happened this past week my tolerance is absolutely ZERO and the next time he brings up engagement (unless it’s a proposal) he is going to get a HUGE wake-up call. I will not be nice, it will not be pretty.

Post # 14
748 posts
Busy bee

Bleh, this week has been much harder. We’ve been out seeing others more, which I think played a big role. Had to introduce myself as his girlfriend again and I’m kinda tired of that! So today I just brought up the ring again jokingly, but at some point after continuing the joke he was like “ok…enough of that talk for now”. I’m having a really bad few waiting days! Argh I really hope it gets better… The worst thing is that I know for sure it’s not going to happen until after I graduate, and probably in the fall or winter or even next year and that’s just driving me insane!!! LOL I know I should be more patient but for some reason I’m just having a really hard time with it right now. We also had a fight a few nights ago, he was really upset and let it simmer while I was asking “what’s wrong?” and he kept saying “nothing” but I knew he was upset… so at some point he blew up and he was pretty nasty to me so I got upset… He apologized a lot after that, but I just want him to commit already…

Post # 16
1090 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2018

Well I had my first Cake Decorating Class yesterday, made a yummy and pretty little cake which SO, my parents and I ate while watching the Super Bowl. I’m so excited for my next 4 classes!

I haven’t brought up anything about engagements or weddings with SO. But While he was over to watch the game he was on my facebook account and chatted with my cousin and when I looked over the conversation I saw that he mentioned the ring to her, but it doesn’t seem that he has purchased it yet.

This week should be a normal week, I think SO and I are going to take a short road trip this weekend, he mentioned going to a town about 2 hours away. I love road trips, so I can’t wait 🙂 I hope everyone has a good week!

The topic ‘Feb. 2012 Mr.Bee’s Plan Pact’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors