(Closed) February 2011

posted 8 years ago in February 2011
Post # 3
31 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2011

we are planning a feb 9, 2011 wedding somewhere in FL! we are thinking of Lange Farms. im sooo excited!!

Post # 4
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

I’m thinking Feb right now!! My top choice would be Feb 5 but when I asked fiance when he wanted to get married he made only ONE date request: not superbowl weekend. πŸ™‚ So now I”m thinking Feb 26 or (if there isn’t an increased fee for being so close to v-day) Feb 12. I have no interest in a heart-themed wedding, but its the date that works best for us. 

Post # 5
31 posts
Newbee

yah!! another FEB BRIDE!! Welcome and Congrats!

i know how you feel, we dont want a heart theme wedding. though we will have some hearts in our theme pallet, we are having a alice in wonderland/mad hatter theme! we want lots of fun and festive! 

where are you planning your big day at?

Post # 6
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

oo alice in wonderland, that will be fantastic! I”m in Columbus, Ohio. We haven’t picked a venue yet but we’re trying really hard to avoid the typical ballroom look. My Fiance always wanted to get married outside (not possible in Ohio in Feb), so we are looking for some place that has floor to celiing windows and a fantastic view. Top two picks right now are both converted industrial buildings with lots of exposed brick and steel. I’ll be SO happy when we get our venue BOOKED. πŸ™‚

Post # 7
31 posts
Newbee

i know what you mean! we are both from different states, him=Michigan, me=New Mexico. so we made the choice to not have a wedding in either state. so we decided to go with the state we met in=Florida!!! so we are hoping for kinda of a outdoor ceremony with maybe indoor/outdoor reception. we are really looking at this place, Lange Farms, near Tampa. hoping that it will work out!

i bet whatever you pick for your venue will be perfect! a blank canvas sounds like soo much more fun!

Post # 8
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I’m not sure what I count as, I’ll be celebrating in both Feb and April! We’re planning on doing a super simple beach ceremony while in port in the Bahamas while on a cruise during Presidents week 2011.  I’m really excited that I’ll also be going on a cruise this Presidents week so I get to actually see the site and all and possibly do engagement photos. The plan is for it to be very small, short and sweet.  No reception but maybe a lunch or dinner with everyone there.  BF’s family has made taking a family vacation during Presidents week a bit of a tradition now so a trip at this time would happen anyway.

In April we’re going to have the big affair here in NY at CitiField.  We may possibly do another simple ceremony and then a cocktail style reception. 

I still have yet to figure out which one will be my “real” wedding date, and to make matters more confusing we’re probably gonna have to make things official even before the cruise just because of the difficulties of getting a marriage license in the Bahamas (gotta be there for more than 24 hours) Undecided

I feel a little ridiculous at the idea of technically 3 weddings! LOL

Post # 10
14 posts
Newbee

Another February bride here!  We are getting married on February 20th in Oklahoma City.  Our reception will be in an old movie theatre.  I told my planner that the mood I was going for was Mad Men meets J.Crew and Anthropologie…and she knew what I was talking about, which is great (because I don’t even really know if I do!).  I can’t wait to plan with you!

Post # 11
3 posts
Wannabee

Hi ladies!  I’m a February 2011 bride too!  The 19th to be exact.  I just joined the site and I am already addicted!  I’m getting so many great ideas and prespectives.  Love it.  Laughing  Our wedding doesn’t really have a theme at this point, but I want it to be kind of funky, but still sophisticated and tons of fun.  We’re both really looking forward to the planning process.  Can’t wait to see how everyone’s BIG DAY comes out!  Less than a year to go girls!!!

Post # 13
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

i’m a february bride too! the 19th, in austin, tx. i just joined this site so i’m looking forward to posting more πŸ™‚ we booked the venue (which includes like, EVERYTHING), the band, and the photographer. that’s about as far as we’ve gotten and now plan on taking a break from the hardcore planning for a bit..

Post # 14
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I’m a February bride – seems that I’m the only one so far with the 25th! πŸ˜€

Post # 15
11325 posts
Sugar Beekeeper

Update: We have a venue and a photographer– woohoo! We’re not having a dj (ipod wedding) and I think I’m going to DIY flowers, + our venue is doing the food…. so my major vendors are DONE! So happy about that πŸ™‚ 

I’m still struggling with a “theme” though. I’m kind of scattered about it. I like the inspiration board I’ve made that is silver, gold, and blue. I’m thinking also maybe TINY touches of blush pink like maybe just my bouquet and accents…. but I don’t know about a real “theme.” At first I was all about winter wonderland but since I don’t want it to be all about snowflakes or snowmen… I don’t really know what else to do with that other than the colors. I also feel like I’m not sure we have the money to pull off a real theme….. maybe my theme is “we’re getting married”? heh

Post # 16
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

hey corgi! are you getting married in columbus? i’m orignally from there, and a bunch of people are coming down to texas for the wedding. my biggest fear is half our wedding is going to get snowed in up there! i know columbus got pounded with snow this year…

and our theme is ‘we’re getting married..lets have a huge party’.

The topic ‘February 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors