(Closed) February 2011

posted 12 years ago in February 2011
Post # 17
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

@blondeeebuckeye- haha i love that theme! πŸ™‚ Yes, I am getting married in cbus… in the Smith Bros hardware building near 670/4th. They converted it into a venue about a year or so ago and its so cool now! Very urban grunge! I am also terrified of snow.. This year was terrible. It was the 2nd most snow ever in feb for us I think. Almost all of our guests are traveling to get here although there should only be maybe 5 coming by plane (all the rest are from cleveland/michigan and will drive). My biggest fear is a snow storm closing down the Syracuse airport because that is where FI’s mom is coming from and I’m not sure we could go through with the wedding if she couldn’t be here! We’re going to try to make sure she plans to come a few days in advance so if there is a huge snowstorm hopefully she’ll still get here in time (it seems like the airport is never shut down for more than 2 maybe 3 days max). 

Post # 18
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@CorgiTales:

I’m budget bride, and I totally understand the theme dilemma.  I finally just made a list of all of the things that were the most important to me, prioritized them, and let the theme sort of come out on it’s own.  It’s unconventional, but we’re very excited.  We’re going for an indie/boheme wedding theme, based around peacock feathers.

This is my inspiration board:

We’re having a really simple wedding, and almost all the plans are made already! πŸ™‚  Not paid for, but planned and decided. 

Post # 19
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@ elusivephoto…i LOVE your inspiration board! it’s so cute and colorful…totally winter appropriate, but it’s a little different than things you normally see.

@ corgitales i know exactly where that building is! i had no idea they converted it to a venue. i love old buildings like that..i’m glad columbus did that. i’ll be interested to see your photos from it next year.

i went dress shopping for the first time this weekend..it was a good experience! i found three that i’m keeping in mind(thank goodness for photos)..i’m very indesicive when it comes to things like that. glad i have some time πŸ™‚

Post # 20
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@elusivephoto- love it! I’m starting to second guess my colors a bit but I dunno… I just need to look at more photos I think. 

@blondeee- thats so exciting that you went dress shopping! I’m putting it off until this summer bc I am unhappy with my size. blech! lol

Post # 21
136 posts
Blushing bee

Thanks! We’re doing everything handmade or vintage, it will be very “la vie boheme.”  Mostly, we want it to be a relaxing fun celebration!

@corgi:  If you’re going for the urban grunge look with your venue, have you considered going with jewel tones?  Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald?  They’re gorgeously rich for a winter wedding, and look so great with the urban grunge feel. πŸ˜€ Not to make you more indecisive, just thought I’d throw it out there! πŸ˜€ I’ve changed my colors so many times since the beginning of planning, but I think I’m finally to a point where it won’t change again.  Initially it had purple and chocolate brown in the color scheme! Haha. I’d love to see your inspiration board! 

Also, I am not happy with my size either, (or more correctly, my level of tone) I’ve been working out a lot lately to at least try and tone/sculpt some) but dress shopping actually was a great experience for me, and made me feel a lot better about myself, and has provided good motivation to keep working out.  Maybe if you found a beautiful dress, even if it wasn’t “the one” it would give you a visual to work towards?

@blondeeebuckeye: Yeah, there’s definitely some non-traditional factors to our wedding, and the inspiration board is just the beginning! Haha, when we first started wedding planning the first thing Fiance said was “we can do the wedding however you want, but our cake topper is going to be LEGO.” πŸ˜›  

I’m cool with that though, we originally met because of legos and star trek, so it has sentimental value.  The rest of the cake is going to be how I want it.  We went to our cake tasting about a week ago and decided on a (delicious) lemon cake…it was like eating a fluffy turquoise dream, I’ve been craving it ever since.  The coolest part, though, is that the inside is going to be colored, so while it looks all white, traditional, and pristine on the outside, you cut into it and it has peacock colored stripes. πŸ˜€ 

Like this, only dark blue, teal, and emerald green.

Now, according to my family, it’s apparently become the “etsy wedding” which cracks me up, because I was an Etsy addict way before WB or engagement. I love the bohemian/indie look, and am so happy with the way stuff is turning out.  

I’ve almost decided on the style of my dress, and it’s being custom made by this amazing independent (etsy) designer/seamstress. I’m being REALLY indecisive about the dress too! I’m going to try on dresses for the last time tomorrow, to decide on the general style, but my seamstress is all ready to start on it, and I want to give her plenty of time.  So I’m going to have to make a decision.

I would love to see the three pictures of your dress blondeee!

This is the style I’m leaning towards, but I’m still in love with my initial pick, too:

This is my initial pick, which would be made with a corset back (with peacock colored ribbons) I love the bubble skirt:

Post # 22
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@elusivephoto- i love that idea! i have so many ideas i need to decide on πŸ™‚ Also.. I LOVE bubble skirts!!! My current dress crush is a Maggie in gold with a bubble skirt. **swoon**

Post # 23
136 posts
Blushing bee

@corgi: ooh! Which one? I would love to see it! I was totally in love with Maggie Alannah (very similar to the liancarlo dress that was my very initial pick) as well as several other Maggie dresses, but I very quickly found out that they were just too heavy for me. I wished so much that it would’ve worked out. πŸ™

Post # 25
136 posts
Blushing bee

Oh beautiful! You’d get it in gold too? What a bold move, I couldn’t pull it off with my skin tone but I think the gold dresses are gorgeous.  It would look just as pretty with spaghetti straps or straps like on Maggie’s Myra.  πŸ˜€

Post # 26
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@elusive photo- i would get it in gold i think! I have no tie to the “white wedding dress” and neither does my mom or family. I am suuuuuper pale white so I think that it would look really good on me and pop more than a lighter color. I’d just have to make sure it isn’t vegas-gold πŸ™‚  For straps, I love those ones that you showed but the ones I have in mind for it would actually be a twist on spaghetti straps. I’m thinking like 3 super skinny straps coming out of each front corner of the dress, going around my neck and forming a criss-cross line all the way across my back (so they like spread out… if that makes sense?)

Post # 27
136 posts
Blushing bee

Maggie gown’s gold definitely does not look like Vegas-gold, so you won’t have to worry there! πŸ™‚ I have a friend who had straps on her gown almost exactly like you’re talking about, it looked so nice!  Plus, it would be so gorgeous with that style dress! What an awesome addition, for sure!

I just realized, your wedding is only a day after mine! πŸ˜€ 

Any idea where you guys are going for your honeymoon yet? We’re having trouble deciding.

Post # 28
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

No, we’re not too sure. We have a $3,000 budget so nothing too extravagant. FI’s top choice is hawaii because we’ve never been, but I’m really not sure we can do it “right” on 3k and I don’t want to be roughing it on our honeymoon. 

I’m thinking maybe costa rica? It is a lot cheaper than hawaii, and it has the same nature vibe. Its supposed to be one of the most diverse areas on the planet in terms of animals. Fiance is a little nervous about it because its not as typical a location, but i hope to do some more research on it and maybe force our decision one way or the other. Other than that I really have NO ideas. Where are you considering?

Post # 29
136 posts
Blushing bee

We really wanted to go somewhere tropical, but I have the same concern that we wouldn’t be able to do it “right” on our budget. So now we’re looking at some cozy/intimate mountain resorts, with room service, jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, and spa services. πŸ˜€

My top pick is the Kohler resort in WI. 

http://www.destinationkohler.com/location/activities.html

We knew we didn’t want to go the B&B route, and while being tucked away in a snowy mountain cabin has it’s appeal, I refuse to be cooking on our honeymoon.  Chances are, we won’t be doing a lot of sight seeing anyway, so we decided to put the money towards a more luxury resort.  There’s also a few places we’re looking into up in the Poconos that could be nice, and affordable. 

Post # 30
620 posts
Busy bee

here are the three dresses i like from the first dress outing..going again friday actually πŸ™‚

everyone loves the first two, but the second one seems to be the clear winner. its a maggie gown (the first is casablanca and the last is davids bridal). we will see what i find this weekend..but i do love these gowns πŸ™‚

also, we are going to the bay islands in honduras for our honeymoon.

Post # 31
620 posts
Busy bee

@corgitales—we got engaged in costa rica! its an awesome place for a honeymoon..if you need any suggestions, let me know πŸ™‚ we stayed in jaco and did a lot of things in the area.

The topic ‘February 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors