(Closed) February 2011

posted 12 years ago in February 2011
Post # 32
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

You look BEAUTIFUL!

The second one is Coco, right?  I actually love the first and third the best, but the second looks great as well!  I love casablanca, we don’t have a DB locally, though, so I haven’t tried on any of their dresses.  My current favorite designers are Liancarlo, and Paloma Blanca. *swoons*

I’m going dress shopping again, tomorrow, so I may have some new pictures to post!

Post # 33
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

@blondee- love those dresses! the first is casablanca 1800 right? It is on my to-try-on list! πŸ™‚ and i’ll totally let you know if we decide on costa rica!

Post # 34
136 posts
Blushing bee

Okay, so may I say that I officially do not like dress shopping?  I’m so glad that it didn’t take long, and it was fun to have my friend along with me.  She wants to go again. =/  That’s not happening.  I tried on the paloma blanca dress again, and just realized that it is definitely the dress for me, so yay for that! πŸ™‚

Post # 35
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@elusivephoto- yay!! which one is the paloma? 

Post # 36
136 posts
Blushing bee

The one that I’m actually wearing in the picture above.  It’s Paloma 4004.  The other is a liancarlo that I’ve had a dress crush on for a very long time…unfortunately, it just doesn’t suit my body type. πŸ™

Post # 37
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

you both are right..the first dress is coco and the second one is the 1800. im really liking the coco one more and more. we are going to do a little more dress shopping on friday, because i am going to be busy every weekend for the next month.i tried coco on in another city that’s 4 hours away and i called around to try to find it in my city and not one store has it! and i live in a much bigger city than where i originally found it! it’s a bit frustrating…i wanted to show it to my family, since i orignally found it with my Future Mother-In-Law & Future Sister-In-Law.

@elusivephoto—i really like that first dress you tried on. it’s really cute. i LOVE the top part–it’s very flattering. did you buy that one???

Post # 38
136 posts
Blushing bee

Well, I sent a picture of it to my seamstress (an independent designer who I met through Etsy) she’s custom designing the back of it for me, and we’re going to find a brooch for it that goes a bit more with our wedding theme.  But it’s still going to be that gorgeous champagne colored dupion silk. *swoons*

This is the original back, which I didn’t like at first – but it’s growing on me.

This is a similar styled back that I was looking at, it would definitely “work” with this dress, with a few modifications:

My other option is to do a half-corset style back, with really thick ribbons, and have the ribbons cascade all the way down the the floor, which I think would be really neat and different. 

Post # 39
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

ah! i’m so jealous that you guys have your dress figured out (mostly). i really do need to just bite the bullet and go look. 

also @elusivephoto— i keep thinking more and more about your peacock thing and i’m really loving it! i think you might have inspired me a bit to move in that direction color-wise. although i’m thinking more of coppery/gold as my main color with just accents of blue and green. I think i’ll stick with solid-colored cake though… fancy pants cake isn’t in the budget, despite the total coolness of it! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 40
620 posts
Busy bee

@elusivephoto—I love the back of that dress (the 2nd photo). It’s really cool, and I don’t think I’ve seen that before!

My goal now is to have a dress purchased by June 1st πŸ™‚ Lets see if that happens..

Post # 41
136 posts
Blushing bee

Hahaha, I love the peacock feathers – it’s going to look gorgeous in the space too, because it’s very neutral, and moody, if that makes any sense. 

It will look beautiful with bronze!

Thanks! I like both of the backs, still haven’t decided though. πŸ˜›  The 2nd one is the back of a liancarlo dress (the front isn’t all that pretty, actually…), surprise surprise.  I love Liancarlo.  If only I had money… πŸ˜›

Post # 42
620 posts
Busy bee

February ladies! It’s been kind of quiet through here…any developments? 10 months from today is our wedding day! We got engagement photos done two weeks ago and are currently waiting for them to be posted..we want to use them for our STD’s, which we want to send in late May-early June since we have so many our of towners–I’m getting anxious to start a new project! I feel like I don’t have much to do that’s wedding related right now. πŸ™‚

Post # 43
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

Oh man I really haven’t done much! haha. 

Done: 

– venue picked

– photog booked

– officiant asked (relative)

– musician for ceremony asked (relative)

and thaaaaaats it! Our e-pics prob wont be until fall bc i want to lose some weight first and i don’t intend to use them for STDs. I will prob do STDs but I don’t know when. Soonish I guess! My next priorities: 

– get room blocks set up

– finish wedding website

– get STDs made to send out

– decide if we’re going ipod or dj

– start looking at dresses

– get my ass into shape 

πŸ™‚

Post # 44
620 posts
Busy bee

we’ve booked the venue, band, and photographer. i keep forgetting i should probably look into someone to actually marry us =p

we took engagement photos really early because we got them taken in my fiances hometown–our photographer lives near there and we were up there for easter. worked out great! i’ve also done a little dress shopping…people keep asking me when we’re going again and i kind of want to tell them ‘umm, im just going to get the maggie coco dress!”. i think i might play dress up one more time with my family in the next month or so, but i’m fairly certain i’ve already made up my mind.

@corgitales my to-do list looks the same as yours for the most part! oh..and then there’s that pesky rehearsal dinner…since the in-laws don’t live here, we’re picking the place. the only place i called was ALREADY BOOKED. who else gets married in february?? πŸ™‚ i better get on that…

Post # 45
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@blondee- yikes! i wouldn’t think rehearsal dinner stuff would be a big deal this far out for a feb wedding! was a it a really trendy place or something? I don’t think we’re having a rehearsal at all, although we’ll prob still do a dinner the night before. I was just planning on calling my my fav dive mexican joint a week or so before and being like ummmmm fyi 20 people coming your way in a week haha

maybe i ought to change that plan πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘February 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors