(Closed) February 2011

posted 12 years ago in February 2011
Post # 47
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2011

Oooo I should also mention that I’m making quilts for my Maid/Matron of Honor and 2 Bridesmaid or Best Man and I bought the fabric a few weeks ago. Now I need to just, ya know, MAKE them. haha. Which I’d really like to get done by the end of the summer because I think the fall/holidays are going to get nuts!

Post # 49
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@bunnylovesbear ummm i keep forgetting i should try to find someone to marry us. thats probably important.. πŸ™‚ it keeps slipping my mind haha. also, YAY for date twins!!!

@corgitales you are ambitious!  you should show us photos when you’re done with them!

on a positive..i think i’ve got the rehearsal dinner taken care of. TWO places i wanted to go are already booked (WTF?) and not many places can handle a group of our size (60 people yikes–only 110 at the wedding!!). think i found the place and am going to go talk to them tomorrow afternoon and see the spot!

Post # 50
19 posts
Newbee

im soo excited! i have to tell someone!!

i bought my dress over a year ago at a closing sale, so it is the sample, but its perfect! it just needs to be cleaned! got it at a great price. i had been hiding it at my mothers house in New Mexico, but she shipped it to me. It came in today! now a small background story. when i first bought it it was too small. i couldn’t get it zipped up half way. i had alot of weight on me because i had just given birth to our son a month before. but today i tried it on and guess what… its too big now. i have to have it taken in! *happy dance* i am also thinking of adding some more tull to make it a bit fuller and to hopefully take it off the floor about an inch. im short and its a bit long. here is a picture of what it looks like!

Post # 51
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

that is a BEAUTIFUL dress! And yay for getting it taken in! although you might want to wait a bit just in case you lose more πŸ™‚

Post # 52
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Another February bride here! Saturday, February 12 actually. I’m in Phoenix, AZ so I hope it will be a nice day. We’re having an outside ceremony/ indoor reception. The only concern I have is that florists are scaring me telling me flowers might be twice to 3 times as much since it’s 2 days before V-day! Ugh!

Post # 53
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@blingybride- that is EXACTLY why i didn’t pick that weekend πŸ™‚ I’m sure it’ll be beautiful though!

Post # 54
21 posts
Newbee

Yay Feb. brides!  I feel like I haven’t done too much yet – but we have our venue space and catering booked, so we at least know where it’ll happen and that we’ll have food! I love seeing other February brides though – I think my mom is a little weirded out by our winter wedding, but I’m really excited about it!

Post # 55
620 posts
Busy bee

@codydidwhat—hi date twin!!!!!!!!! πŸ™‚

@february brides – i’ve figured out that i have commitment issues with buying a dress. big time. i’m just gonna forget about that for awhile…i’ve got two more excursions set up for may 22 and june 17 (they are both with people from out of town, which is why they are scheduled so far in advance!)..maybe i’ll decide on something before july?? πŸ™‚

Post # 56
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@blondee- i wouldn’t worry about the dress thing too much. I haven’t even put a dress on yet! The earliest possible date I’ll try a dress on is June 12, I’m just hoping I can find one before Sept πŸ™‚

Post # 57
620 posts
Busy bee

i ended up going dress shopping the other day, because i wanted to try coco on again. the consultant and i had a good ole time and i found more dresses i liked. i am currently lusting after this one:

it’s the sottero and midgley sharon. i did a bunch of searches and cant find ANY photos of real brides in it. thoughts? i think i will be buying a gown from this store–first consultant who totally EMBRACED my love of headbands instead of a veil πŸ™‚

Post # 59
19 posts
Newbee

blondeeebuckeye that dress is very lovely! you look great in it!

bunnylovesbear- i love love love the buttons on the back of the dress. classic with a modern touch.

Post # 60
143 posts
Blushing bee

Hi February Ladies!!!  I feel like I’m late to the party!  We are getting married on Feb 5th (the dreaded Super Bowl weekend) in Montego Bay, Jamaica.  We had originally planned on Jan 22nd, but the venue we chose doesn’t do any events the last week in January, so we just picked the next weekend.  When we got home, my fiance realized that it was the Super Bowl but by then we had already put the deposit down!  As of now, we have the following done:

• Venue booked
  • Photographer chosen
  • bridesmaid dresses picked (It’s so hard getting them to buy!)
  • wedding dress picked (buying next weekend!!!)
  • STDs sent

I’m excited to get to know and plan with you ladies!!!

Also, here is my dress:

[attachment=1015909,125607]

ETA: For some reason, I can’t turn my pics around…

Post # 61
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@hyphensmith- love the dress!!

I seriously feel like such a slacker that I STILL have not been out dress shopping yet… will do that in the next month! Seriously!

The topic ‘February 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors