(Closed) February 2011

posted 12 years ago in February 2011
Post # 62
143 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2011

Thanks CorgiTales!  It took me forever to find the dress!  I’ve been engaged since June 09 and started dress shopping in August.  I must have tried over 100 dresses before I found this one! 

Post # 63
19 posts
Newbee

it takes time to find just the right dress!!!

we are flying to Florida next month to go venue shopping.  wish us lucky!!!

Post # 64
42 posts
Newbee

Good Luck to all you February Brides!. I’ve had my venue for almost a year already, My uncle is being my wedding photographer, DJ booked, Videographer booked, save the dates were sent out a few months ago. I am having a destination so they got sent out 9 months in advance. Bought my dress and the Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses were selected last month (waiting on one bridesmaid to go put her deposit down, she is holding up the dresses being ordered). Go for my cake testing and food testing at the venue in a month, Just bought my wedding favors. Still working on an officiant, letting my FH figure that one out since we are trying to get someone from his church in FL or one of their sister churches in the NC area.

My Venue

http://woodallhouse.com/

My wedding colors are brown and burnt orange with a hint of  deep red accents.

Heres my dress!

Post # 65
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

@Future Mrs. JJ: looks great and sounds like you’re all super prepared!!

Also girls, I bought my dress!! I had a separate post for it so you’ve prob seen it, but I’m really excited so I’ll post it again, hah! Now that venue and dress are done, I really feel like everything else will just be super fun and will fall into place… yay!!

[attachment=1062932,132322]

Post # 66
19 posts
Newbee

wow girls your dresses look great on you both!!! 

i have a question for you all…. veil or no veil? i cant decided? they look great in pictures but i know i would probably take it off for the reception. my dress picture is a few posts up. tell me what you think?

Post # 67
56 posts
Worker bee

Ooh I just found this thread; hello February brides!!! Feb is just seven months away! Im so excited!

Haven’t really done anything major yet since Im from overseas but I already booked my photog and wedding day make up — Im doing my engagement session next week! πŸ™‚

@elusivephoto — we’re date twins! Yay! I thought I wont ever have a date twin.. IM so glad youre here! haha πŸ™‚

Post # 69
9 posts
Newbee

@bunnylovesbear: Bunny, great question about the invites.  I was considering sending them out in late November/early December. Complicating the matter is postage is due to go up that January, so don’t forget to factor that in on response card postage. I am thinking of purchasing a batch of forever stamps now to use on the response cards.

On another note, I am so happy and excited to plan with my fellow February brides!

Post # 70
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

@bunnylovesbear: i’m the same day as you! we have a quite lengthy “b-list”, so we want to have time to get invites out if we get “no” responses. we are planning on sending ours out the first week of december πŸ™‚

we also have to have our final count to the venue by february 1st or something, so our RSVP date needs to be something like january 20.

Post # 72
620 posts
Busy bee

@bunnylovesbear: i think you’re jumping the gun a little bit–i would probably make it january 14th. my reasoning for this is that people may “forget” between christmas-new years, so it would give them a little extra time to RSVP. then you can start chasing them down πŸ™‚ if you split it up–your parents contact their friends & family, his parents contact theirs, and you and your fiance do your friends, it really shouldn’t take too long (unless your wedding is like 500 people).

you can also start working on seating arrangements/place cards once the RSVP’s start coming in. you’ll obviously be grouping certain people together in some fashion, so once you get “yes” responses, you can start planning.

to be honest, i wish my RSVP deadline was january 1st. but people would think i was nuts if i wanted responses with 6 weeks to go πŸ™‚ let me know what you decide–since we’re date twins i’d love to know what you end up doing!

Post # 74
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

So I guess I have semi-opposite thinking from you guys… I wanted to wait until after the holidays because I thought people would be less busy and I feel like before Christmas, the end of February is going to feel like FOREVER away to people. Our wedding is 2/26, room blocks have to be decided by 1/26. 

I’m going to mail everything out the day after Christmas probably (so they should get them around the 27th-29th of December) and tell them that the room block closes 2/20 (white lie for their own good) and RSVP is 1/26. I feel like 4 weeks is plenty because if I wait 1 week past RSVP that would give me 1 week to track down stragglers and still have 4 days until the meal count deadline (our meal count is due on 2/16). 

Post # 75
620 posts
Busy bee

hey ladies! we are just around the 6 monty mark–woohoo!

we have been busy getting our shower(s) planned, and our first shower is november 6th! im so excited πŸ™‚ we are having THREE showers..it’s crazy, but it’s easier for us to travel than some of our friends and family. we’ve started taking “inventory” of our aparment and making a list of stuff we want to register for.

also, please tell me im not the only feburary bride who doesn’t have an officiant yet. we, um, kind of forgot we need someone to marry us. oops? i’m gonna get on that this week.

where are ya’ll in your planning?

Post # 76
6980 posts
Busy Beekeeper

hi! I feel like things are finally starting to get going for me. Like I realized I needed to stop planning and start doing! We have: 

venue

food

alcohol plan (we bring in our own)

officiant

photog

ceremony musician

dress/shoes/earrings

bm dresses

cake

started tissue paper poufs for aisle decor

playlists for ipod reception started

half our songs picked

stds out

invites designed

need to: 

figure out what guys are wearing

pick the rest of our ceremony songs

figure out how to decorate where we’ll stand at the ceremony

figure out reception decor

buy alcohol

figure out makeup/hair and hire someone to do them! 

print and assemble invites

get some flowers ?

revise/print/assemble programs

figure out honeymoon

biggest stressor for me right now is decor. i just dont know. 

The topic ‘February 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors